CK3-Quick Modding Qustions

Does anyone know where the normal spousal pregnancy effects are coded or how the character flag is stored?  I want to know if it'd be possible to influence the number of children born per pregnancy (to make twins, triplets more likely).

I know that the make_pregnant effect can dictate the number of kids in a pregnancy, but that's a one off.

20 hours ago, bobbily said:

Does anyone know where the normal spousal pregnancy effects are coded or how the character flag is stored?  I want to know if it'd be possible to influence the number of children born per pregnancy (to make twins, triplets more likely).

I know that the make_pregnant effect can dictate the number of kids in a pregnancy, but that's a one off.

It's in the 00_defines.txt:

TWIN_BASE_CHANCE = 0.02
    TWIN_BONUS_MAX_AGE = 35
    TWIN_BONUS_MIN_AGE = 25
    TWIN_BONUS_CHANCE = 0.02
    TWIN_MOTHER_HAD_TWINS_BONUS = 0.05
    TWIN_GRANDMOTHER_HAD_TWINS_BONUS = 0.03
    IDENTICAL_TWIN_CHANCE = 0.013
  • 2 weeks later...

Simple question here, been hung up on it for way too long and it's been delaying progress on the Kitsune mod.
Is there any way to check for a variable outside of events? Such as with a console command? Or will I have to make debug events to figure out of a variable is actually functioning? Been attempting to make a magic system but I'm not sure if the variables are actually working. If I recall CK2 let you do it through charinfo, but I don't see it there in CK3.

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/17/2021 at 12:55 PM, bobbily said:

Good call @AlphaLyxis.  It looks like set_num_pregnancy_children was added in one of the more recent updates.  A script that executes that should do the trick.

On this, do you have to override the vanilla pregnancy events, or just make a custom one? Trying to do something similar. 

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 1/6/2022 at 4:46 AM, AnyThoughts said:

Is there a way to limit the age at which a characters portrait will gain a beard? I feel like it would be some sort of dna_modifiers script, but beyond that I'm not sure where to begin really...

maybe this one?

game\gfx\portraits\portrait_modifiers\01_beards.txt

no_beard_for_children = {
        dna_modifiers = {
            accessory = {
                mode = add
                gene = beards
                template = no_beard
                range = { 0 1 } # For the randomness to work correctly
            }
        }   
        weight = {
            base = 0
            modifier = {
                add = 100
                scope:age < 18
            }
        }
    }

Edited by ante10pe

Is there any way to modify religion marriage doctrines and add male only polygamy and female only polygamy so that there are 5 marriage doctrines instead of 3, and also add to the existing tenets so that you can have male only polyamory and female only polyamory?

Similar for culture traditions?

• 3 months later...

Does anyone know how to refer to a custom gui window within that window's own code?

e.g. If I want to close the game window "title_history_window" I can make a button that executes the command:

onclick = "[TitleHistoryWindow.Close]"

With the mod window "mod_window", nothing seems to work.  I've tried:

onclick = "[ModWindow.Close]

onclick = "[mod_window.Close]"

onclick = "[('mod_wondow').Close]

onclick = [Close.('mod_window')]

POD solved the issue with a console command (onclick = "[ExecuteConsoleCommand('GUI.ClearWidgets mod_window')]"), but I need to do some things that the console isn't designed for.

• 5 months later...

Hello. Don't want to start new topic for one quick question. Where priests "uniform" for certain religion specified?

I.e., if I want, for example make my priestesses go topless, but not completely nude, where should I look?

Thank you in advance.

P.S. Also, while I'm on it, is there any way to restrict clergy to certain age? Not just pool restrictions when searching for new chaplain, but actual removal/abdication at certain age.

Edited by Gandalf_the_Dirty
Added P.S.