Wicked Whims automatic removal

Hi! WW newbie here! I've been using this for a couple months now and I recently was trying to download the new update file so of course I deleted the old file and any of the old mods that went along with it to make room and after clicking the download button. After getting the thank you message from the website and choosing the folder (Sims Mod folder) I wanted to save it in, I got a "Failed - Download error" message. I clicked on the little arrow beside the message and it gave me the option to Resume. However, instead of resuming, it just said Removed at the bottom.

So of course like any reasonable person, I hopped on Google to see if anyone else was experiencing this problem before and have gotten help. One forum resorted to just sharing the updated file but that's just solving the problem temporarily. 

And yes I did check to see if I had any pesky anti-virus software. Yes I tried downloading it with another browser, didn't work. I tried manually opening it from my files manager, wasn't there. 

And yes I do realize that this is 90 percent a windows problem, I just wanted to see if anyone that has dealt with this has found an actual solution or want to help.

Thank you in advance. ❤️

image.png.ea650c79ac6598fb9d51f9bf5287db7a.png

Try all of the available hosts for WW files, also check if other browsers help (I see Brave browser seems to not cause that issue, for whatever reason).

If all else fails you can try to download files on your smartphone and copy them to your computer from there.

• 1 year later...