Camera does not turn to focus on character when entering looksmenu

Hello,

i got this problem that the camera will not change focus anymore when entering Looksmenu.

Using SLM 14 my camera won't move and stay in distant view, and when i use Makeup Mirror i see the back side of my character. The camera will not close up on my face.

I'm posting this in case someone had the same problem and found a solution. 

(i don't use pose mods)

1 hour ago, rjrc said:

Hello,

i got this problem that the camera will not change focus anymore when entering Looksmenu.

Using SLM 14 my camera won't move and stay in distant view, and when i use Makeup Mirror i see the back side of my character. The camera will not close up on my face.

I'm posting this in case someone had the same problem and found a solution. 

(i don't use pose mods)

When entered looksmenu press body then your camera will be changed to full view

Then press back and your camera will changed to face

When you will exit looksmenu press aim with weapon to fix camera view

I have been using looksmenu for long and switching from body to face view like you say Indarello ... but now it's not working anymore even on old saves. Also reinstalled Looksmenu.

This mod does not fix my issue Arthacs. Thank you both for your help and sorry for my bad english.

That problem has been reported by others like here : https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12631/?tab=forum&topic_id=6307826  or here https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/12631/?tab=forum&topic_id=6307821 but no one have found a solution

It is my preset or my saves (even the lvl1) for this character that are corrupted, when i log an old save from different Char everything is fine

edit : after hours of trials, deactivating mods, reinstall others, i have no clue to what happened but looksmenu is now working again ??

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

On 6/18/2021 at 3:02 AM, ProblemXR said:

open console tap tfc to free camera, select a position then go to looks menu

Yeah, but then the char constantly turns left.

But maybe my char just feels like a model and thinks he has to practise this en-of-catwalk-turn xD

• 2 years later...

Hi 0/

Any news about this bug ?

No camera focus on body swap in looksmenu, the character got the T-pose and then no focus on face when exiting the body option.

But my old saves don't have this issue, The camera focus work well. Except one save (the save just before we quit the vault 111) of one of my older characters.

I tried everything I could find.

If you have any leads at all, I will thank you with deeply heart :)

2 hours ago, Zarbh said:

Hi 0/

Any news about this bug ?

No camera focus on body swap in looksmenu, the character got the T-pose and then no focus on face when exiting the body option.

But my old saves don't have this issue, The camera focus work well. Except one save (the save just before we quit the vault 111) of one of my older characters.

I tried everything I could find.

If you have any leads at all, I will thank you with deeply heart :)

Try this, it works great!

5 hours ago, Zarbh said:

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately, this doesn't work for me. The T-pose bug when I switch to the body option is still present, even if I start a new game. 

I will still tracking this issue.

Thanks anyway :)

Okay! Sorry I was thinking of the stuck T pose after leaving Looks Menu!

The T pose with Player Rotation is on purpose and desired for several reasons. And as a side effect fixes the stuck T pose/camera on exit bug, which I had stuck in my head was the issue!

But, if you look at the LooksmenuPlayerRotation.ini settings file you'll see that Left Shift is the zoom key. Meaning, you can get far closer than LM allows.

The really nice thing about it locking the PC in a t pose ( I jump to the Body to activate it right off the bat) is that it stops the head from looking around willy nilly making it sooo much easier to do facial stuff.

Here is images of the problem. The pose T-pose come when I swap to body option and stay when I go back to the face swap.

After I close SLM menu, I jump to stop the T-pose. 

image.png

image1.png

image2.png

EDIT : 

I found a temporary solution, I started a vanilla game with no mods. I saved outside vault 111 and not inside. Then, when I load this save with my all mods's Fallout I do not have this bug. In the meantime, this save will come in handy in case I want to start a new game.

A save with this bug, still have it even in a vanilla game with no mods.

I'll keep trying to find out where this problem might be coming from.

Edited by Zarbh