Custom / placed NPCs "invisible" to getNthRef (SKSE) or FindAllReferences (Papyrus extender)

There are NPCs placed in CK by THE PEOPLE OF SKYRIM 2 at Skyrim Special Edition Nexus - Mods and Community (not sure if it applies to any placed unique NPCs, or just this mod in particular) which are not "detected" by any of these functions:

getNumRefs(62) / getNumRefs(44) / getNumRefs(43)

FindAllReferencesOfFormType(player, 62, 1000) ; or type 43 or 44

FindAllReferencesWithKeyword(game.getplayer(), actortypeNPC, 10000, false) ; although haskeyword actortypenpc in console returns true

Other NPCs get referenced just fine, with any of these functions.

Example of such actor: xx92E78E (Star Monk something)

I don't know if it's a limitation of how they were defined in CK, or a limitation of any CK placed (unique) actor, and, more importantly, how do I get to find and reference them in the active cell, which is what I need

4 minutes ago, Psalam said:

Do you happen to know if the mod author made them persistent, If not, that could well be your issue.

I don't know what persistent means, this is how it looks in SSedit. I've never used CK to place stuff into the game, I am all about dynamic placement via scripts :) 

image.thumb.png.54de6376ad50a3411eff733d3ff8cac5.png

Assuming they are "persistent", how do I "unpersist" them? (I am getting an idea as I write, to delete them from the game and replace them with a target.placeatme(target.getactorbase()), it should be a duplicate. Is there a "ispersistent()" check?

I'm afraid I only know how to check persistence in the CK. There you have to look at the actor THROUGH THE RENDER WINDOW. I know that persistence means that the game "thinks" that the actor is always there (as the term implies) as opposed to removing them from the game when it determines that they are not needed. This is why I thought it might be your issue (I had that happen with my first follower, Cynthia, until I learned how to do it "correctly"). I do not know if there exists a persistence check. I don't remember seeing one in the CK Wiki.

Ok, there's something wrong with the actor base, not with the placed NPC.

I have deleted the placed NPC and created a clone from its actorbase, the clone is still undetectable by script. I don't understand what's different for this NPC so that no function detects them

image.thumb.png.0129c2109d147bc7c5d74181dbd5b749.pngimage.thumb.png.c85d4684f21e73ee306d3dccea4506ab.pngimage.thumb.png.14af00533d041d2196ec14c00ef5834e.png  

25 minutes ago, Psalam said:

I could be entirely wrong but, as I said, I believe that your issue stems from a lack of persistence and, if so, can only be corrected in the Render Window of the CK.

No idea, I thought it was due to the unique flag, but some unique NPCs "behave", others don't. I cannot remove the unique flag with scripting, anyway (or I have not found the right function yet)

CK is not an option since my entire mod is script-based.

Is there a skyrim mod around which "doppelgangs" actors? Meaning spawning a "blank" NPC and copy the features and outfit of the "original"? AAF has a function to doppelgang, but it's FO4.

3 minutes ago, SAC said:

No idea, I thought it was due to the unique flag, but some unique NPCs "behave", others don't. I cannot remove the unique flag with scripting, anyway (or I have not found the right function yet)

CK is not an option since my entire mod is script-based.

Is there a skyrim mod around which "doppelgangs" actors? Meaning spawning a "blank" NPC and copy the features and outfit of the "original"? AAF has a function to doppelgang, but it's FO4.

Not that I know of but you might want to start another thread with that question. You could host whole web sites with the stuff that I don't know. I know that Paradise Halls does what you're describing. It clones an NPC when it turns them into a slave but I have no idea of how that is done.