Super /sbg/ Race Mod with Frackin Universe

Hi.

How do you guys get these to work with the frackin universe mod?

Every time i go and do a new character after adding the Super /sbg/ Race Mod and having frackin universe installed, the game keeps blinking (it's resets your character in the beginning), you cant move from when you sleep.

I did find a sad way around after some testing by removing the mod, creating a new save file/character, then adding the mod again afterwards. But this means that i can't play as any of the characters in the mod.

2 hours ago, rallyelgen said:

Hi.

How do you guys get these to work with the frackin universe mod?

Every time i go and do a new character after adding the Super /sbg/ Race Mod and having frackin universe installed, the game keeps blinking (it's resets your character in the beginning), you cant move from when you sleep.

I did find a sad way around after some testing by removing the mod, creating a new save file/character, then adding the mod again afterwards. But this means that i can't play as any of the characters in the mod.

SBG races is a old, and very early mod in terms of what it attempted to do, basically a very early "Frackin' Races" or "Racial Abilities/Stats" mod, and thus, it is likely why it's incompatible with FU. Hell, SBG races was even incompatible with Defeat. There's no way of helping it unless someone takes the time to "update" the races and remove the racial effects and otherwise intrusive code that messes with those things, and removes the dependencies to it in the mod.

If you're not savvy enough to pull that off, i'd really just say, make a request and hope someone has the courage, patience and goodwill to accomplish that... Or you can try that yourself, if you meet the criteria.

But then again, you're talking about FU. If you put effort in to make it work with FU, it'll likely break again shortly afterwards due to their extremely high update cycle. And hell, if the species doesn't have FR support, it also breaks a lot of stuff.

• 2 years later...

Update :

Hey I just Fix Super SBG RACE Shield Bug.

Frackin Universe Super SBG Shield BUG Fix.

i will just Post this here for ANYONE want to play Super SBG with Frackin Universe But UnplayAble For you Because Shield Bug " cannot use shield when installing Super SBG race when Playing Frackin Universe.

thing you need.
0. StarPakBrowser
1. Frackin Universe.
2. Super SBG Race
3. Aim Able Shield For Frackin Universe.

step :
1.install StarPakBrouser
2. Use Starpakbrouser to Unpack Frackin Universe.pak then Remove Frackin Universe.pak to avoid duplicate mod.
3. open frackin universe folder go to Starbound.v1.4.4\mods\FrackinUniverse\items\active\shields
4. Remove Shield.lua
5. create Pak Again Frackin Universe folder using Starpakbrowser. then remove Frackin universe Folder to avoid duplicate mod.
5. download Aimable Shield for frackin universe and SuperSBG Race mod " put them in mod folder.
6. you are done now. super SBG playble with frackin universe without Shield Bug.

and yes this trick fix any old mod with shield bugs.

Edited by RedCobra75
more info added + corrections just need to remove FU shield.lua