Script error in update Sims 4 when placing objects.

I thought at first it was just beds that were not staying but it appears most anything I try to place reports this script error...Just checked to make sure and it removes all beds, some furniture and counter tops.  It will not allow placement of what has been put in inventory or new...is it just something i've done?

6 minutes ago, SimWinch said:

I thought at first it was just beds that were not staying but it appears most anything I try to place reports this script error.....is it just something i've done?

If you have a lastexception.txt in your TS4 folder you should attach it here for more help.

Just use the paperclip below when posting a reply.

Not enough info to help without it as it could be any number of things.

Otherwise we have to play the 50 questions game.

1 hour ago, SimWinch said:

Can't see any specific mod name errors I recognize so...

Usually after a major game update quite a few mods and/or cc get broken and require updates too.

So make sure any other mods you have installed are updated.

Non-adult broken mods and links to updates here:

https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/984645/broken-updated-mods-cc-skin-tones-dec-2020

This only covers the Dec 7th patch.

If you update your game from old versions, like 1.64 for example, to current then other mods not listed there will also need updates too.

Or

You will need to find the mod/s causing the errors the hard way.

Move all mods to desktop in a temp folder except for WW + Animations

Delete your localthumbcache.pkg in your TS4 folder whenever you add, remove, or update mods or the game itself.

Once the errors stop and things are working properly you can start adding mods back into game one or two at a time and retest.

Eventually you will find the mod/cc that causes the errors to start again.

Just don't make any new saves when testing with mods removed.

Most errors are caused by script mods like Slice of Life, etc.

Basemental Drugs was also causing objects to go missing so update it if you have it.

2 hours ago, SimWinch said:

I thought at first it was just beds that were not staying but it appears most anything I try to place reports this script error...Just checked to make sure and it removes all beds, some furniture and counter tops.  It will not allow placement of what has been put in inventory or new...is it just something i've done?

Outdated Basemental Drugs causes that, so if you've got that mod you should update it!