Is anyone up for a challenge? I think Skyrim would be over the top BADASS if someone could make a mod that makes all important interactions, like a dragon appearing to fight you, or main story situations like learning shouts, meeting talking dragons, or even basic conversation, more cinematic. The camera controls would need to be taken over by the mod, so that different, "locked" angles could be targeted and auto-zoomed on. Bioware does this exclusively in games like Dragon Age and Mass Effect. A strong grasp of camera control and good timing would be an obvious necessity, but it can't be impossible. I think this would be the best mod Skyrim has had since Tropical Skyrim. If you make this dream a reality, I will marry you. No questions (Well, maybe one...). ^_^

• 4 weeks later...

The head tracking system actually comes with its own problems, as "all" it basically does is setting a flag which marks the Player as NPC animation-wise, iirc. This works fine enough generally but once you have scenes with idles, it might get a bit messy.

As for camera control, I don't know if you play Dark Invesitigations, but it makes use of camera angles for cut scenes. I am actually not quite sure how refined one can get with that - zooming isn't possible script wise, but there are Camera objects (what you see in the game as killcam, death cam, etc) in the creation kit which offer more flexibility - like so many features they are undocumented however and I haven't checked them out yet to see if they can be used in a scene but for default situations they would probably be the best bet as they are already used in such a way.

However the main problem is that to have dramatic effects, you really need to have a story to tell and at least in the adult mod area there aren't really many mods which have anything to do with a story.

That headtracking mod was great, but then deactivating was a bitch, nearly destroyed my gamesave.

Crap, I didn't know that! Well, I'll figure it out. Wish it was in my language. I don't know what any of those options in MCM even do.

However the main problem is that to have dramatic effects, you really need to have a story to tell and at least in the adult mod area there aren't really many mods which have anything to do with a story

You don't actually have to have a story to tell to satisfy me. If the camera went "cinematic" during regular conversations, that alone would be a nice improvement. Basic things like that could make a big difference. Probably all adult mod sex scenes could use it too, but I won't hold my breath. Those poor modders are busy enough without me putting this on their plate. If they'd like to do it though, I sure as hell wouldn't stop them. ;)

Archived