No I haven't seen any for Sims as they normally aren't needed but Mac's use the opposite load order than Windows.

I've read that the second one loaded takes precedent over the first one though but only if two mods are trying to do the same thing.

And the second one will disable the first so it isn't being used anyway.

Although two of the same type mods usually cause errors anyway.

I just use a ! or a _ in front of a folder name to force it to always load first.

I think single files in Mods load before folders too.

15 minutes ago, Scorpio said:

No I haven't seen any for Sims as they normally aren't needed but Mac's use the opposite load order than Windows.

I've read that the second one loaded takes precedent over the first one though but only if two mods are trying to do the same thing.

And the second one will disable the first so it isn't being used anyway.

Although two of the same type mods usually cause errors anyway.

I just use a ! or a _ in front of a folder name to force it to always load first.

I think single files in Mods load before folders too.

How do I know what should load first?

7 minutes ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

How do I know what should load first?

That's the main problem you don't and that's why it normally doesn't matter anyway.

Usually it's just an old outdated mod/cc that causes trouble and the best way is going through all of them and removing a few at a time until the problem goes away.

Might also be duplicate copies of mods.

Look for the WickedWhimsInfoLog.log in your TS4 folder and open it, scroll down a fair bit and look for a 'Duplicates' entry and it should be 0.

If not it will list them.

2 hours ago, Scorpio said:

I've read that the second one loaded takes precedent over the first one though but only if two mods are trying to do the same thing. And the second one will disable the first so it isn't being used anyway.

135.png.afa568445add5df8ece8679ee865cf5a.pngAckchyually... AFAIK the load order is pretty much just based on alphabetical order.

From my personal experience, if X.package and Y.package tries to use the same instance (string, image, etc.), then the one in X.package will be loaded into the game, as X comes before Y. (I actually used this technique for the customizable logo for my mod.)

But if you put Y.package into Folder A, and X.package into Folder B, then Y.package will "win", as the content from Folder A is loaded before Folder B's.

But as you've already mentioned it, apart from some rare cases, load order does not really matter in Sims4 as much as it does in Fallout/Skyrim.

5 hours ago, Scorpio said:

That's the main problem you don't and that's why it normally doesn't matter anyway.

Usually it's just an old outdated mod/cc that causes trouble and the best way is going through all of them and removing a few at a time until the problem goes away.

Might also be duplicate copies of mods.

Look for the WickedWhimsInfoLog.log in your TS4 folder and open it, scroll down a fair bit and look for a 'Duplicates' entry and it should be 0.

If not it will list them.

"Possible Duplicated Mod Files (38)"

Nope, DEFINITELY not 0..

7 minutes ago, Z0mBieP00Nani said:

"Possible Duplicated Mod Files (38)"

Nope, DEFINITELY not 0..

Well that very well could be your problem and even if not it might help in the long run anyway with game stability.

Keep in mind if you have any merged files WW can't detect duplicates inside of them.