Modding Question

Hi Guys,

i am working on a bikini mod for a while now. Ii am nearing the release date, i think, still a lot of work to do. this mod in my vision should be a complete replacer. In order to do that, i need to modify the outfits. Here my question:

What is best practice in such a case, create a patch for item distrebution ( separate file) or include everything in one .esp.

I created already a test file and it is not flaggable as .isl. If i create Mod + patch, it would take 2 slots

What s your opinion on that.

cears

If youre just going to replace Vanilla outfits, why use an .esp in first place. Just use the same datapath as the vanilla armor you want to replace

A plugin is only needed when you want to make it standalone (have it exist next to the original vanilla armor) 

the outfits will be modular like TAWOBA, infakt it is TAWOBA, but Extended, i reworked it in order to have no/less cliping. additionally i created male variants of the outfits. Because of that, i can not just use vanilla paths.

the idea is, to have npcs (male and female) using those TAWOBA outfits. in this case it would be better to have just one file? i thougt, maybe there are people, who would like to have the outfits, but not disrebuted those to all npcs.

i tend to create just one file. I wnated to see, what the community thnks about it, before i commit to the "last stage"

36 minutes ago, monty359 said:

the idea is, to have npcs (male and female) using those TAWOBA outfits. in this case it would be better to have just one file? i thougt, maybe there are people, who would like to have the outfits, but not disrebuted those to all npcs.

No clue how TAWOBA operates but in general:

1) The less esp slots a mod requires the better 

2) Its easier to delete stuff from a mod than to merge 2 mods together

Youre right, there will be people that only want the male or only want the female part of it (or however you want to split it) but Id recommend you to first make one big esp with everything and then just delete that things you dont want in this split

58 minutes ago, Scrab said:

make one big esp with everything and then just delete that things you dont want in this split

This. We don't need more mods adding multiple plugins when one should be enough. The best approach is make a single plugin containing all your mod features and offer optional plugins to tweak things if required. And there is always people willing to do these edits themselves, so you could have less work to do in the long run.