Hi,

I know that Fallout 4 doesn't get much love but I thought I'd try my hand at writing an adult quest mod, hopefully by just using the resources available in the game, and giving back to this community that's provided so much fun for me.

I understand that CreationKit is the place to do it. and a web search reveals a bunch of pages, many of which look fairly basic. Can someone please point me to a couple of great introductory, and perhaps a not so introductory, guide to creating your own quests in Fallout 4 please. Pages could be here or elsewhere. I'd prefer just to go for the guides that the experienced creators here recommend as being useful.

Thank you

Your guess about using the CreationKit is correct.

There is a series of tutorials for it that you should look into.

https://www.creationkit.com/index.php?title=Category:Tutorials

It's written for Skyrim but the workflow is pretty much the same for Fallout 4.

Myself I can't help you any further, I never learned more than a few basic things that I needed to write some custom scripts for my mods (like the difference between base object and object reference or like script inheritance).

Good luck with this, Fallout could really need more adult quest mods.

Thanks to both of you for your responses. I really appreciate the quick feedback.

I was inspired by the excellent Raider Pet from @stobor, and was thinking of something involving Super Mutants and having the player get involved to stop them from working together.

It already looks like an interesting dynamic exists in the base game between some Super Mutant named characters: Hammer, at West Everett, and Fist, at Trinity Towers. Specifically the fact that Hammer made a trade offer of weapons for mutants to Fist. Push our heroine into this little mix, add some Super Mutant rivalry and politics, and throw in some kidnap, slavery and breeding as a way around a lack of FEV, I'm conscious that Trinity Towers is an important radiant quest because of the possible Super Mutant companion who is locked up there, Strong, so I'll need to tread carefully. Personally I think that it could make it more interesting having Strong as a possible ally.

Although Hammer and Fist provide a genesis of the canon conspiracy idea, the mod could be expanded to include other Super Mutant bosses in a non-canon way.

@Invictusblade, really good questions

• To keep down costs it'll be unvoiced, although I'll look to reuse vanilla voice assets if I can, and if it makes sense.
  • Because of the breeding aspect it'll be for a sole survivor with a womb
  • Slavery type mods tend towards a largely passive approach, but there will need to be some key moments for the character to make choices and have the option to take back control. Even submission doesn't have to mean that the character becomes a bystander.
  • It's about having a mechanism for slavery in a super mutant context that a player can choose to remain in, as much as it is as an active player going undercover to thwart a Super Mutant conspiracy. I'd like there to be multiple ways to curtail the conspiracy, just as I'd like slavery to be more than persistent rape and breeding.

What is day-to-day life for a Human slave like?

• Providing sex
  • Providing more Super Mutant babies
  • Dancing
  • Preparing food - which is really just about making bags full of stuff
  • Making drugs
  • Scavenging
  • Being ranted at by Super Mutants about their superiority
  • Avoiding moving to the top of the snack list
  • anything else that we can think of as part of