Fallout4 crashes in a weird way

Hi, did anyone experience the same? This happens for about a week now and I did not make any changes/mods for at least a month. (overall game is only slightly modded with about 25 mods, causing no problems I 'm aware of)

After about 5-10minutes into the game ventilator/fan starts to become progressively louder and then screen turns blackand the PC emits a wheezing noise. Wenn turned off and on again, PC behaves completely normal and no error message. Any idea how to track down the root cause for this?

Many thanks for a feedback.

Install a hardware monitor which logs the max temperatures of your hardware and the usage (as in percentage of CPU, GPU and RAM use)

A wheezing noise followed by a restart might be a hardware component switching to overheat protection.

Or is it rather sounding like sound hanging? (Kinda like "BRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR")

That might be a driver issue or a Windows Update that broke something.

6 hours ago, Wulfen1723 said:

Hi, did anyone experience the same? This happens for about a week now and I did not make any changes/mods for at least a month. (overall game is only slightly modded with about 25 mods, causing no problems I 'm aware of)

After about 5-10minutes into the game ventilator/fan starts to become progressively louder and then screen turns blackand the PC emits a wheezing noise. Wenn turned off and on again, PC behaves completely normal and no error message. Any idea how to track down the root cause for this?

Many thanks for a feedback.

Probably you need to clean dust from pc

@Frisky Kitsune <3 Thank you for your input. It does not "BRRRRRRRR" as if hanging. I know that sound from previous experiences. It is really a very subtle, scarcly noticable wheezing sound. Yes, I have also thought that somehow believes it is about to overheat. Don't believe it actually does as I have a Coolermaster, Masterwatt Lite 600 230V, which was recommeded to me by a friend who knows more about hardware than I do. Can you recommend a hardware monitor software? Admittedly I looked for something like that on the net already but got quite confused.

@Indarello cleaning the dust... That's what I did after the first incident, but, alas... still happened again

4 hours ago, Wulfen1723 said:

@Frisky Kitsune <3 Thank you for your input. It does not "BRRRRRRRR" as if hanging. I know that sound from previous experiences. It is really a very subtle, scarcly noticable wheezing sound. Yes, I have also thought that somehow believes it is about to overheat. Don't believe it actually does as I have a Coolermaster, Masterwatt Lite 600 230V, which was recommeded to me by a friend who knows more about hardware than I do. Can you recommend a hardware monitor software? Admittedly I looked for something like that on the net already but got quite confused.

@Indarello cleaning the dust... That's what I did after the first incident, but, alas... still happened again

send the computer to a service center, if the computer turns off in every game that is heavy for resources, then most likely some of the system components began to cool poorly, for example, the thermal paste dried out, I would change it myself in your place, but since you have such questions you can hardly do it yourself

7 hours ago, Wulfen1723 said:

Open Hardware Monitor or SpeedFan, you can enable logging in both. I'd personally use Open Hardware Monitor. Click on options, check log sensors and it should save all logs to the folder the .exe is in :)