Downloaded Poses Crash My Game

Hey everyone!

So... I've been downloading poses like crazy, and as soon as I put them in the PoseEdit folder over at Customization, I load the game and it just doesn't work. Now, I have some non-sex poses that work just fine besides my own created ones (they're all still), but as soon as I load any sort of poses, the game crashes on me. Without them, it runs just fine.

How do I keep this from happening? Does it have to do with compatibility issues? Running VX, by the way.

6 hours ago, GuyInTheTrapperHat said:

Is there no way to fix this? I'm interested in adding more poses without my game crashing every time and it gets annoying when I try.

It's not necessarily that you have too many... it could also be they have the same index number as other poses; or that they will not convert properly from 7.5 to VX, or that they contain tools (toys, vehicles, etc) that you don't have... That's why it is always said not to just go and dump a thousand poses into the game all at one time. Test them one at a time, or at least as sets.

6 hours ago, GuyInTheTrapperHat said:

I went ouy and did what you said. I tried importing them through the Content Importer tool, even putting them on my Save folder following the numeric sequence...

One of the first things I learned (quite by accident) is that you can't just rename poses for the sake of organization, because they have internal index numbers (part of the tagging system). That's why the content importer exists. It was my bad for telling you just to put them in the Save folder to force them to run (sorry about that). I'm not a big user of other people's poses, and I do all my work in episodes, after which I save all the current poses to backup and start a whole new batch.. So I tend not to think about the Content Importer (in fact, I've never used it). And my Community folders are as empty as the day they were created. But you really should work by official means, especially if you want to cram a bunch of stuff into the game with the hopes of never having to move any of it (all of which goes against the very essence of my being).

Anyhow... IF you start with a clean slate, have "Convert v7.5Poses" in Options Manager checked, and start bringing poses in one collection at a time WITHOUT RENAMING THEM everything should work. But, like I said, do it in small batches, checking things as you go, or you'll never know what poses were causing the problem (if any).

5 hours ago, EJAX said:

I don't know how you could even get to that number in the first place, short of downloading everything in sight. I rarely ever get over 200. But like I said, I work in episodes, so I only work with one batch at a time. Working exclusively in the save folder has never been a problem for me. Your mileage may vary.

I'm presently sitting at 3,905 poses. Nowhere near the 9999 max, but every pose I have is back logged from the earliest days pre-MG to the very day MG went down. Only time poses ever crashed my game was during the process of converting them from 7.5 to VX, cuz a number of poses got corrupted and I had to scrap them.

3 hours ago, Oz70NYC said:

Only time poses ever crashed my game was during the process of converting them from 7.5 to VX, cuz a number of poses got corrupted and I had to scrap them.

I don't think I've ever had a pose crash the game, but I've had a few that wouldn't convert. Everyone would be doing back flips through their assholes, but they still ran.

EDIT: I take that back, I had a bunch of dance poses that wouldn't run. Didin't give me an error, the game just disappeared. They run now, though. Don't know what I did to fix them.