Sims 3 64 bit (Mac) and KW

Drop KW into the mod folder and see if it starts, Either it will or it won't (at which point you just remove it). I'm sure a few of us placed Sims 4 mods into our Sims 3 package folders by accident before figuring it out - no harm - no foul!

Nothing is over-written and only included in any save file made while it's active.... (which is why one 'de-activates' KW before removing it and wanting to continue using any save series which had it)

Let us know how it goes. There has been discussion about 64Bit Sims 3. But mostly from an interest by Windows users since 64Bit is obviously superior to 32Bit.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/16/2020 at 11:19 PM, vtb said:

It works. Its TONS faster. Tons fewer graphical glitches. Loads faster.

Its like a whole new game.

I'm so envious right now. I'm tired of my slow and glitched Sims 3. 

Last night I found out that my Sims 3 was broken by an unknown script error that prevents me from clicking any sim.

If EA doesn't release PC 64 bit version by the end of next May, I may have to jump to the Apple ship for 1st time in my life.

5 hours ago, Danragon01 said:

the Apple ship

I don't have a particular problem with Apple myself, given my experience in the industry. At worst (IMO) one can look at them as a form of 'advanced console' as the parts and programs for Apple products must be very specific. This also has the benefit of them generally always working properly with little in the way of 'bad' programs or components.

Most of my experience was in the late 80's - with the Mac's just launching into the market. One could use a Mac very easily as the Apple OS was point and click like Windows is today - IBM still needed users to enter DOS commands. (This Windows/Apple similarity is what sparked that huge litigation back in the day with Gates/Windows winning) IBM engineers were at that time superior in they 'squeezed' more performance from the same amount of equipment through better design and programming. Apple was considered easy to use, but sloppy and careless in the use of their product concerning efficiency.

Using the examples above one could see the PC market would be dominated by IBM(x86)/Windows while Apple became the go-to for those more interested in things like Art. Program compatibility and availability was the reason I myself leaned towards the Windows platform. Hard core Apple users will defend their purchase religiously, yet seem hesitant to explain their defense. When they do, it usually boils down to the specific use they have and past experience concerning this use and not the overall pros and cons concerning comparisons between the 2 options.

If one could afford it AND have access to all disks, then having an Apple just to play the Sims 3 would be the obvious choice from my chair. Checking that last statement has me wondering if that is even possible as it's likely the 64bit Apple option needs Origin or else the player would be stuck with a 32bit game (The original disk for the Sims 3 base game had both the Windows AND Apple versions on it)

Fuckin' EA.... grrrrrrr - never seen a bitch so dedicated to getting into the players pants.... okay better now - rant over. (Please ignore the misogynist overtones by replacing certain words with the ones of your choice!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...