Brainstorming an adventure quest mod for MALE PCs :)

Hello. I am a hardcore Fallout3/NV gamer who has recently stumbled upon the world of modding and even more recently the Sexout framework. This is a lovely piece of work and I see great things that can come from this. However it seems that development on adventurous content is a bit to be desired, more so on the male PC side.

So, as I said in a previous thread I have decided to take it upon myself to learn how to mod FO and even to use the Sexout framework, and I finally have brainstormed a wonderful new adventure for male PC's to work on! For background I am a C# professional developer, so none of these concepts are foreign to me - just another language I need to learn :).

I welcome any and ALL input. To those who wish to offer help as I learn and build - be it valuable information and sites, so actually assisting with the development of this mod - please let me know privately. I would love to work with others on this and will give due credit!

To anyone who wants to offer input into the story and details please let me know on here. I welcome feedback and suggestions!!!

And now the story...

I call it "Dominating the Mojave". And for continuity reasons this mod will be recommended for higher level (lvl 30+) PCs.

While roaming the wastes you are contacted by a long-presumed dead former officer of the NCR military with a somewhat sinister plan of taking over the Mojave Wasteland by using the Mojave's own traits to his advantage - sex, drugs, and killing. He has a plan, and knows what needs to be done, but he needs the means to do it - you. This story takes you on an adventure of carving out an empire of the future, and also give you some back story on the first battle of Hoover Dam, the NCR, and the evils of the Mojave tying in elements from prior Fallout versions AND the DLCS of NV.

In this adventure you will:

Create brothels by taking over the most secure pre-war structures in the Mojave - the Vaults. Rebuild them into full fledged "entertainment" centers and slave bases.

Form and raise a "security force" that will assist you in your quests.

Enslave females of any faction or status, even taking slaves of another faction like the Legion!

Get a chance to once again choose the fate of New Vegas and the strip by replacing leaders or tribes with those that are compliant with your will!

Learn the tale of this mysterious man with the plan, and whether you wish to create this empire for him - or take it for yourself!

Nothing in the OP seems like it would need to be male-only. Is it going to be limited to one gender, or is that just to emphasize that you actually have something most mods don't have?

I suppose that it COULD technically be for both males and females but the story plot and quests would be more tailored for males. I suppose for female PCs that enjoy enslaving other female NPCs and climbing up to power in an organized syndicate of brothels it could be fun, and fem to fem sex could be as well provided Sexout allows that stuff...

No - I am not planning on making it exclusive to male PCs only, and I welcome any feedback that would assist in making it both male and female friendly. But the main focus will be for male PCs.

Nothing in the OP seems like it would need to be male-only. Is it going to be limited to one gender, or is that just to emphasize that you actually have something most mods don't have?

I suppose that it COULD technically be for both males and females but the story plot and quests would be more tailored for males. I suppose for female PCs that enjoy enslaving other female NPCs and climbing up to power in an organized syndicate of brothels it could be fun, and fem to fem sex could be as well provided Sexout allows that stuff...

No - I am not planning on making it exclusive to male PCs only, and I welcome any feedback that would assist in making it both male and female friendly. But the main focus will be for male PCs.

Forgive me if I am wrong. If you created both male and female oriented play through it would create a lot more work on an already impressively large task as it is? This is already a major undertaking as it is.

Not separate playthroughs  but creating the needed support and references (male and female) and all the added text and such for both sexes properly, shouldn't that add greatly to the creation time of the mod. At least that is my understanding from reading many many post here on LL

I am still learning, but if I am reading correctly I can put in scripted checked for PC's gender and adjust content accordingly. No need to have to create two separate playthroughs.

However, that is a bit of ways away as I am still going through the newb part of this... Need to consult an expert for finding out where I need to work on first for the story.

Step one on working on the story: Write the story. Seriously. Plan first. Don't even open up the GECK until you know exactly what you need to do.

I already have most of the first quest-line written up. All that's left is some dialogue and details...

First, I must applaud you for doing this! Now for something a bit more concrete, would any characters from the New Vegas core game be involved? For a character to reach level 30 before starting this quest, some of those characters might die before then, which might make an unpleasant surprise. Perhaps it would be best for a fresh game with this mod installed to have the PC spawn with a note listing NPC 'targets' so they know which ones to preserve for future fun? Might be a bit too blunt though. I don't really have anything else to say seeing as I don't know the details. I eagerly await to hear news though, and wish you all the best. 

First, I must applaud you for doing this! Now for something a bit more concrete, would any characters from the New Vegas core game be involved? For a character to reach level 30 before starting this quest, some of those characters might die before then, which might make an unpleasant surprise. Perhaps it would be best for a fresh game with this mod installed to have the PC spawn with a note listing NPC 'targets' so they know which ones to preserve for future fun? Might be a bit too blunt though. I don't really have anything else to say seeing as I don't know the details. I eagerly await to hear news though, and wish you all the best. 

A very good question! I will try to explain my logic as much as possible without providing spoilers :).

As I was writing the first quest-line and story I was trying to take this into consideration myself. MY official statement on this matter is that I would RECOMMEND the PC be around level 30 - but do not intend to make this a requirement. The official trigger for the quest-line will be coming onto the Strip for the first time in the game. This makes existing PC's likely already qualified, and newer PC's able to begin relatively soon into the game. The level recommendation isn't necessarily for the experience, but to allow the PC to complete some of the original quests FIRST before going to mine. While I do intent on blending in some of the main NPCs into the story at some point the major emphasis will be locations rather than characters (like the Vaults). This would give the PC the option of completing the original quests for said locations prior to completing my story ones, as my story ones will most definitely fail the original ones if done first. It wouldn't make much sense for my story to conflict massively with the main storyline of the game, but this is a roleplaying game right? That means some decisions do matter and others don't, and while I think the first episode/quest-line will likely not be seriously impacted by the PC's prior in-game choices I cannot say the same about future episodes/stories. 

For the sake of stirring up a bit more excitement I will provide a hint: Consider the following, if you were going to create a syndicate of military style brothels to operate and control the Mojave wouldn't it make more sense to see that New Vegas was technically "independent" (no House, NCR, or Legion)?

I am glad you have given it much thought and have some of the story line already made out if not in detail and seriously considering the ramifications of the changes you are doing to the game. It sound like you are well on your way to creating an exciting mod. I look forward to further info on progress.

I am glad you have given it much thought and have some of the story line already made out if not in detail and seriously considering the ramifications of the changes you are doing to the game. It sound like you are well on your way to creating an exciting mod. I look forward to further info on progress.

Thanks. I have played NV extensively as I love stories in RPG games. And when I got this idea I realized it would cause a huge disconnect if I didn't try to interweave it with existing plots in at least some capacity. An adventure mod should not be an exclusive mod unless it has enough story to replace the existing story altogether, and I don't think any one person has that capability right now lol. My quests will interweave to allow flavorful gameplay in both sexual and nonsexual ways.

Thanks. I have played NV extensively as I love stories in RPG games. And when I got this idea I realized it would cause a huge disconnect if I didn't try to interweave it with existing plots in at least some capacity. An adventure mod should not be an exclusive mod unless it has enough story to replace the existing story altogether, and I don't think any one person has that capability right now lol. My quests will interweave to allow flavorful gameplay in both sexual and nonsexual ways.

Great an added bonus that you have played FNV extensively. You understand many of the story lines and can appreciate the importance of the RPG aspect of the game.

Great an added bonus that you have played FNV extensively. You understand many of the story lines and can appreciate the importance of the RPG aspect of the game.

I'm a total Fallout junkie. I actually grabbed the list of quests off of the wiki after my 4th playthrough so I could play as many as I could. The Fallout world - notably the Mojave Wasteland (Capital Wasteland too but FO3 is buggy as hell) is full of endless possibilities while still sticking to certain themes of the game. 

I DO want to make my quests more karma neutral however. Main reasoning is that I consider some morals to be relative and not universal. This is consistent with the Fallout world (I.E The Legion thinks that are doing right, as does the NCR). I do think that the quests should affect some faction standing, but fix it so that that the effect is determined from how the PC accomplishes certain missions (IE brutally murdering a faction NPC over a stealthy assassination). 

I likely won't get it perfect, which is why I will rely on my fellow gamers in here to play my mod and give me feedback. I will be open to new ideas and feedback, and will either take the suggestion into account or give a good reason why I won't. Again details are flexible and SHOULD be.

The trick of course is to find the game mechanics to allow these seamless modifications to happen... I will be asking the experts for help when the story is done. The first main quest-line is almost done.

The main plot of this mod kinda reminds me of the Skyrim Slaver's Guild mod idea of DocClox, maybe you could take some of the ideas there and work them into this mod. For instance, if the PC decides to play as a female there could possilby be points in the mod where they themselves become slaves. You could also turn Big Mountain into a slave "trainging and restructuring" site. the restructuring would be possilby changing certain aspects of their appearance.

The main plot of this mod kinda reminds me of the Skyrim Slaver's Guild mod idea of DocClox, maybe you could take some of the ideas there and work them into this mod. For instance, if the PC decides to play as a female there could possilby be points in the mod where they themselves become slaves. You could also turn Big Mountain into a slave "trainging and restructuring" site. the restructuring would be possilby changing certain aspects of their appearance.

I don't have Skyrim so I can't really do that. However if you have a list of good ideas to take from that mod please privately message me and I will consider them. I like the two ideas you suggested above, but likely neither will be in the first quest "episode". The first adventure will start a Brothel in one of the Vaults, developing the base of the story and the main NPC "antagonist". However I do not intend to stop there, and have yet to fully explore what future ideas will come. One story at a time ;).

I don't have Skyrim so I can't really do that. However if you have a list of good ideas to take from that mod please privately message me and I will consider them. I like the two ideas you suggested above, but likely neither will be in the first quest "episode". The first adventure will start a Brothel in one of the Vaults, developing the base of the story and the main NPC "antagonist". However I do not intend to stop there, and have yet to fully explore what future ideas will come. One story at a time ;).

I understand that those two ideas wouldn't be part of the first quest i just put them there when they came to mind. As for the mod i was talking about it was never fully started but there is a thread in this forum about it if you want to look at some of the ideas that were put there.

One story at a time

So does this mean that you will be giving them out in sections like chapters where the player has to eagerly wait for the next chapter in the story?

Like Chapter 1, the introduction

Chapter 2, Humping the Mohave

Chapter 3, Sweet conquest.

New Vegas Bounties did some thing like this. He broke the story in two.

I'm a total Fallout junkie. I actually grabbed the list of quests off of the wiki after my 4th playthrough so I could play as many as I could. The Fallout world - notably the Mojave Wasteland (Capital Wasteland too but FO3 is buggy as hell) is full of endless possibilities while still sticking to certain themes of the game. 

I DO want to make my quests more karma neutral however. Main reasoning is that I consider some morals to be relative and not universal. This is consistent with the Fallout world (I.E The Legion thinks that are doing right, as does the NCR). I do think that the quests should affect some faction standing, but fix it so that that the effect is determined from how the PC accomplishes certain missions (IE brutally murdering a faction NPC over a stealthy assassination). 

I likely won't get it perfect, which is why I will rely on my fellow gamers in here to play my mod and give me feedback. I will be open to new ideas and feedback, and will either take the suggestion into account or give a good reason why I won't. Again details are flexible and SHOULD be.

The trick of course is to find the game mechanics to allow these seamless modifications to happen... I will be asking the experts for help when the story is done. The first main quest-line is almost done.

Unfortunately I don't have the needed skill to help your technical development. However feel free to PM me any spoilers or story concepts and such if you want to bounce it off another FNV junkie. I don't mind spoilers I enjoy the game anyway. The experience is the thing I am looking for not surprise.