Encounter Zones Adjusted

Encounter Zones Adjusted

View File

I personally find many of the locations unbalanced as they are capped at a very low level, so if you visit them at a higher level you can virtually just cough and the bad guys fall dead.

This mod simply removes the many of location level caps, so when you visit you will get enemies at your appropriate level (e.g. Corvega upper level goes from L5 to L99) minimum stays the same at L1 so it scales with the pc.

I have left a few (like Concord) at its vanilla setting (max level 5) for users of mods like AAF Violate for easy pickings if your gear gets robbed and you need to re-equip.

I have also lowered the lower limit at three locations:

Revere Satellite Array – you get this mission (BoS Lost Patrol) at an early level and although I have completed it a number of times it gets very tedious slowly drawing out high level Mutants, so I have lowered it from minimum 35 to level 10).

Castle – L35 to L20 as it’s a bit tedious

University Point L35 to L25 as you usually get this at fairly early in the Railroad quest line so it’s a bit overpowered at L35 in my view

If you don’t like the minimum level changes then just revert them back to L35 with FO4Edit.

One of the issues that also dogs FO4 (same with Skyrim) is that once you enter an area it’s level is fixed for the whole game, so I would recommend also using Encounter Zone Recalculation by Ea6t (https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/45674) which resets the zone when you return after a cell reset.

This mod has no scripts and simply changes the vanilla levels so is safe to add or remove at any point in the game, but best early on to get the full effect. It should be compatible with all other mods except those that also change min/max location levels

The DLC have not been adjusted so are not necessary for this mod and some locations were not changed as they were already maxed out or seemed inappropriate.

• Submitter
  • Submitted
    10/21/2020
  • Category
  • Requires

2 hours ago, vaultbait said:

Out of curiosity, how does this differ from https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/45674 ? I've been happy with that, but willing to switch if this gives me something that doesn't (though reading the description I'm not yet certain it does). Thanks!

They do different things, I use them both together myself.

This mod removes many of the upper limit caps so that hostiles will scale up. For example Corvega has a max level of 5 so that if you go there at say L50 the highest level Raider will be L5. This mod removes that cap.

Encounter Zone Recalculation does a different thing. Let's say you visit Corvega at level 5 then Corvega will always be level 5 even if you revisit after a cell reset at level 90. Encounter Zone Recalculation would reset Corvega so that the level 90 would apply. The problem is that the maximum level for Corvega is set at level 5 in vanilla so it cannot scale up to make Encounter Zone Recalculation work correctly, so my mod increases the maximum to level 99 so that it will.

In short, they work with each other, mine increases the maximum level whereas Encounter Zone Recalculation resets the value when you revisit after a cell reset.

On 10/22/2020 at 12:51 AM, Slorm said:

They do different things, I use them both together myself.

This mod removes many of the upper limit caps so that hostiles will scale up. For example Corvega has a max level of 5 so that if you go there at say L50 the highest level Raider will be L5. This mod removes that cap.

Encounter Zone Recalculation does a different thing. Let's say you visit Corvega at level 5 then Corvega will always be level 5 even if you revisit after a cell reset at level 90. Encounter Zone Recalculation would reset Corvega so that the level 90 would apply. The problem is that the maximum level for Corvega is set at level 5 in vanilla so it cannot scale up to make Encounter Zone Recalculation work correctly, so my mod increases the maximum to level 99 so that it will.

In short, they work with each other, mine increases the maximum level whereas Encounter Zone Recalculation resets the value when you revisit after a cell reset.

Aha, thanks! That's very clear. Going to give it a shot in that case.