Ahhh if trees cast shadows then shadows are working but the textures for shadows are not being loaded. This greatly narrows down what can be wrong :D

Dang also i found something too, Oblivion at ultra high 40fps, skyrim at ultra high 50-65 FPS, is that because CreationEngine(Gamebyro3) is more stable and optimized?

Nope, it just because Skyim is uses a more modern engine then Oblivion. Oblivion if memory serves can only support a certain max FPS. I get roughly the same regradless of setting.

OK I created a little package and PMed you with it. Simply unpack it and follow the instructions in the text file. YOU MUST DO THE BIT IN BLUE IN ORDER FOR IT TO WORK

After doing the instructions and before starting your game, DELETE your ini file and allow the game to regenerate it, after it regenerates try and lauch the game. DO NOT MESS WITH ANY SETTINGS IT HAS GENERATED!!

DO NOT DO WHAT IS BELOW IN YELLOW UNTIL YOU HAVE DONE WHAT I HAVE STATED ABOVE!

If that does not fix the issue delete the INI again and regenerate it but this time when loading the game do the following from the settings menu in the launcher.

- Set graphics to "High" not "Ultra"

- HDR: enabled

- Fullscreen: Enabled

- V.Sync: Enabled

- All distant rendering: Enabled

- Antialiasing: Disabled

I starting thinking perhaps try to lower some of the settings. Much like Ark of Truth states above. Lower the stress of the computer/game. See if it allows some of the files (shadows) to start to show. The tree shadows is important becuase it shows that some of the files are working. There might be hope yet.

I am amazed that you gotten as much out of the HD3000 as you have. I work/know some people that sell and repair computers. The general though is HD3000 isn't the most desirable graphic chipset for gaming. Many would of encouraged anyone wanting to play games seriously as you do to get any laptop with a dedicated seperate graphic card from Nvidia or at least ATI. This is because it is more supported and tested, not because it is any less powerful. Some of the older ATI/Nvidia cards can be less powerful than the HD3000. Not to mention combined with that nice processor and ram it should handle everything well. (spec wise) You are very skilled with computers, gamming and mods in general and it shows. Now if the dam shadows can be fixed ..

I think this might help, Oblivion is detecting that my preset is shaderpackage 2 and not 7. My fallout detects to 7 which is a higher shader model. Oh why OBLIVION!

On my old desktop it can run it with shadows and works but that computer was only playable for mod making lol

I think this might help, Oblivion is detecting that my preset is shaderpackage 2 and not 7. My fallout detects to 7 which is a higher shader model. Oh why OBLIVION!

On my old desktop it can run it with shadows and works but that computer was only playable for mod making lol

Game Mistakes Newer Hardware's Capabilities

When Oblivion is first run, it attempts to autodetect the maximum Shader Model and Shader Package the video card is capable of using. Unfortunately, some newer cards (both ATI and NVIDIA) are sometimes misdetected and Oblivion configures itself to use a Shader Package lower than the video cards maximum supported. While this may not always cause issues, some cards will experience a drastic difference in performance between newer and older shader packages. Using the highest shader model supported by your video card is generally recommended, as newer Shader Models often include improved shader algorithms as well as visual enhancements.

To force Oblivion to use the highest possible shader package (Oblivion only supports up to Shader Model 3.0, by default 2.0 is used), first enter the "Oblivion" directory located in the "My Games" folder (which is in turn located in the My Documents directory). There should be a file named "RendererInfo.txt". Locate the bottom entry in that text file and take note of the number listed (it should be between 1 and 19), then enter the "Data" folder located in Oblivion's directory in "Program Files", there should be a folder named "Shaders". Assuming your video card has support for Shader 3.0 or higher, make a copy of the file named "shaderpackage019.sdp". Now make a backup copy of the file "shaderpackage0[number you found in the RenderInfo file here].sdp (i.e shaderpackage007.sdp). Once you have made a backup copy of the shader delete the original file. Now rename the copy you made of "shaderpackage019.sdp" to the name of the shader that you made a backup of.

You should now have 2 copies of "shaderpackage019.sdp", except one should now have the name of the shader package that contained the number written in the "RenderInfo.txt" file. Now, whenever the game attempts to use the incorrect shader package, it will instead be using the highest one.

• Note that this may cause some issues such as crashing, if this is experienced, simply recopy the backup of the shader package you made.

Alternatively, you can simply edit the RenderInfo file to use the correct shader package. Once you saved the text file change it to read only. This way the file won't revert to it's original state each time you run Oblivion.

It is found here. I am not famular with Oblivion .ini config so I will leave you with the info and let you make the decision. The web site is here:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Oblivion:Tweaking

It seems that Oblivion can only go to Shader 3.0 Doubt that will solve the problem but..

NVM fixed it myself thank you guys very much for the help.

The fix included making my own d3d9 out of my old collection of d3d9 configured it to be set as ATI Radeon HD6400 pasted to oblivion folder, viola shaderpackage 17 is being used as well as shadows exist :D:D:D::D:D:D No performance hit, same fps.

NVM fixed it myself thank you guys very much for the help.

The fix included making my own d3d9 out of my old collection of d3d9 configured it to be set as ATI Radeon HD6400 pasted to oblivion folder, viola shaderpackage 17 is being used as well as shadows exist :D:D:D: :D:D:D No performance hit, same fps.

YEAAAA .

I thought a "fake" was needed.  HD3000 isn't what was expected to be used.

However my research stated errors and crashes were likely caused and to use it as a last resort. .. I trust no crashes? 

If so Double YEAAA.

Now we need some nice beautiful captures of your new character... :P

There isnt a crash yet. I hope it stays that way. I noticed something the lod is messed up i mean the lod is super low quality, but i managed to fix it by increasing the lod texture size in the ini.

Thank you for your idea of faking the gfx card, whats bothering me is how the hell this integraded card running Oblivion or any of the games i mentioned lol, oh do you guys know how to set my dedicated gfx memory? since i have 6gigs of ram i want to allocate more.

Yep gonna post in my screenies :D

There isnt a crash yet. I hope it stays that way. I noticed something the lod is messed up i mean the lod is super low quality, but i managed to fix it by increasing the lod texture size in the ini.

Thank you for your idea of faking the gfx card, whats bothering me is how the hell this integraded card running Oblivion or any of the games i mentioned lol, oh do you guys know how to set my dedicated gfx memory? since i have 6gigs of ram i want to allocate more.

Yep gonna post in my screenies :D

I am amazed that that intergrated card is running the games. To the level that your able to do this. It is fricking amazing. I just cant believe it is over medium level. It is a testiment to your awesome skills with the computer tweeking and your indepth knowlege of Oblivion and .ini config.

It might be difficult or even impossible to set the dedicated memory for the gfx card. Most laptops have locked bios. Some cases people have been able to change the bios. That can cause other problems. Remember you only have 6 gigs of memory. Start taking too much from the OS and you might cause other things to happen depending on the programs in the system. 

If I was you work with what you have. test. run the game for a while. See if everything is stable. Maybe a month etc. During which research the system and see where you might be able to change the bios or if there is indeed some reg or program to set it. I am unfamular with Intel HD300 and the tweaking of bios is limited to win2000 or early xp. No where current enought to risk advising you on this endevor. Other than stating that people have set the bios to do so.

http://www.ehow.com/how_2138456_configure-shared-memory-through-bios.html

Not current. Might not even be relevent currently. For the most part my understanding now with 64 bit systems (yours is 64bits right) the video ram is assigned as needed. It shouldn't need to be changed or fixed as it was before with limmited system memory of win 2000 or winXP.

By the way while mentioning memory. How much can be added. and if your going to dedicate more memory to graphic (provided you can) how much do you plan to. Keep in mind that there is a dimishing returns as you increase. I wouldn't go above 1 maybe 2 gigs max. Chances are your current memory is already there.

My Bios doesnt have an integraded pheriperals menu

Thought so. Most computer Laptops are locked. Please don't continue with this. I have info from individuals that work in retail repair that if Sony finds out you forced any changes into their laptop hardware of the nature to change the memory settings for graphic cards you wll most likely void your warranty. NOt a concern for a very old cheap laptop but a new one.  Not good.

The resoucrces that I have had time to talk to about this states your laptop most likely is running at the max memory needed to be effective. Any additional will likely be wasted anyway even if you could do so.

Finally if you're determined check with Sony support and see if they have any official way of changing it.

The manufacture warranty is important to keep for the entire year. There are several computers that fail in one way or another during that first year of opperation. Without the manufacture warranty you have to pay out of pocket. Some of those repairs can cost over 1/2 the amount of the lap top or even more.

Instead of using more memory for graphic card. Lower the graphic requirements where possible within the game. On ultra settings there are sure to be several settngs that can be lowered with minimum affect to the visual quality of the game. Substute lower texture mods when there is a choice. Try and experiment. You might be able releave more memory for gaming card by doing this and keep the game beautiful.

Hope this all helps.

• 1 month later...

Ahhh if trees cast shadows then shadows are working but the textures for shadows are not being loaded. This greatly narrows down what can be wrong :D

Dang also i found something too, Oblivion at ultra high 40fps, skyrim at ultra high 50-65 FPS, is that because CreationEngine(Gamebyro3) is more stable and optimized?

Nope, it just because Skyim is uses a more modern engine then Oblivion. Oblivion if memory serves can only support a certain max FPS. I get roughly the same regradless of setting.

You can run Oblivion at higher FPS using sr_Oblivion_Stutter_Remover.ini, BUT you will have to choose between an increase in performance (faster FPS) and a decrease in stability. Not sure why a faster FPS is so desireable by so many. It's not like Oblivion was designed to be a 1st person shooter...

Oblivion was designed pre multicore processors, so it can only use one EVER. Also pre hyperthreading too, so even if you processor is hyperthread capable, Oblivion will never make use of it.

I use to keep Oblivion FPS hard clamped at 40FPS using the above OSR ini. I now use 60 FPS with my new system and I'd rather not go any higher for Oblivion. The way it was designed it simply cannot handle much higher and remain stable, i.e. CTDs. Other more modern games that DO make use of multicore and hyperthreading capable processors I do run at higher FPS.