Switched to Nemesis, Creature Animations not working (Solved)

My games runs fine so far, beside the creature thing.

I witnessed Nemesis and switched from FNIS used these steps:

1. Open Fnis > deinstall Creature behaviour
2. Deleted Fnis

3. Installed Nemesis
4. Re-installed every single animation Mod (+Nasty Critter/Framework)

5. Run Nemesis to create behaviour

6. Sorted stuff and started game

What happens is that the creatures stand still. Not static T-Pose, they just idle while my character is doing the animation. Sometimes, randomly as it seems, i get a big red-white exclamation mark when the creature is supposed to start the animation.
So i guess it pretty much has something to do with the Creature Framework. I re-registered all mods for the Framework, which also didnt made the trick.

Human Animations (Or creatures which are based on the body) do work.

Iam using MO2. Are there any FNIS leftovers regarging creature Behaviour or whatever somewhere i missed? Or did i something wrong on other steps?

(sorry for grammar; english isnt my first language)

Just now, Grimincubus said:

As far as I understand, Nemesis doesn't support creature animation yet. So you'd most likely have to stick with FNIS for that. I just use two profiles in MO2, one for Nemesis stuff, and the other for FNIS and Sexlab stuff. I think some people have found a way to get both FNIS and Nemesis to work together, but I don't believe it's super stable. Hope this helps.

Yea man.... Completly my fault. I just stumbled upon this on the Nemesis Github couple Minutes ago. Some say they get around with both, i investigate rn.
https://github.com/ShikyoKira/Project-New-Reign---Nemesis-Main/issues/98

• 3 months later...
On 9/20/2020 at 8:33 PM, squart2203 said:

funny. i did as per the github instructions and now i've have the opposite happen. the creature is animating while the character is just standing there doing nothing. curious though, did you have to delete any behaviour files after generating FNIS stuff?

I found this but still about to try it 

1. Be sure to have Nemesis deactivated in MO2 if you use MO2.
  2. Run FNIS as normal pick necessary options accordingly e.g. Skeleton Arm Patch etc.
  3. Go to your FNIS output folder and delete the following folders and files inside:
    Meshes\actors\character\behaviors <--- there will be bunch of hkx files delete them all
    Meshes\actors\character\characters\defaultmale.hkx
    Meshes\actors\character\characters female\defaultfemale.hkx
  4. Activate/install Nemesis
  5. Run Nemesis.

If Nemesis fails to generate behavior files then reinstall mods that replace behavior files after you generate FNIS. Some mods that replace behavior files are:
-TK Dodge
-Ultimate Combat
-( Zartar's ) Character Behaviors Enhanced
-360 Movement Behavior
-Combat Gameplay Overhaul SE

If mod replaces files/files in the folders I mentioned above in the point 3 then it would be safer to reinstall those mods prior to running Nemesis.

• 4 months later...
On 12/31/2020 at 2:36 AM, jichirki said:

2. Run FNIS as normal pick necessary options accordingly e.g. Skeleton Arm Patch etc.
  3. Go to your FNIS output folder and delete the following folders and files inside:
    Meshes\actors\character\behaviors <--- there will be bunch of hkx files delete them all
  5. Run Nemesis.

If Nemesis fails to generate behavior files then reinstall mods that replace behavior files after you generate FNIS. Some mods that replace behavior files are:
-TK Dodge
-Ultimate Combat
-360 Movement Behavior

If mod replaces files/files in the folders I mentioned above in the point 3 then it would be safer to reinstall those mods prior to running Nemesis.

See I did this and the creature anim's work and everything looks good but the only downside now is XPMSE Styles won't show up.

• 2 months later...
On 9/20/2020 at 2:37 PM, Aylis said:

The solution to the problem can be found here (just check the entry in 'Installation'):

I tried these directions multiple times, and they didn't work. Nemesis would generate creature files that caused them to do nothing, so the PC would animate and the creature wouldn't.

For anyone trying this, generally you want nemesis to generate all the non-creature behavior files, and FNIS to generate the creature behavior files. Make sure to keep the output separate, so disable the FNIS output when you run nemesis and vice-versa. Inspect the output to make sure the appropriate mod is driving the behavior, and when you're sorted leave FNIS disabled and Nemesis enabled.

On 12/31/2020 at 1:36 AM, jichirki said:

1. Meshes\actors\character\behaviors <--- there will be bunch of hkx files delete them all

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
On 9/21/2021 at 8:50 AM, Yayayayayaya said:

I found some workaround. At least it's work for me

1.Generate fnis first then copy all folder from meshes/actors/* except character and follower or humanoid race folder

2.Paste it somewhere

3.Generate nemesis

4.Copy files from step 2 to meshes/actors and overwrite everything

My nemesis only create character folder in "meshes/actors", so when i paste the step 2, nothing got replace, it just add creature animations to the folder, i tested it, and all the animal freeze up, is there any solutions ? can i somehow make nemesis to generate creature behaviors folder to overwrite the FNIS on ?

Edited by panhsenpai
On 12/31/2020 at 4:36 AM, jichirki said:

5. Run Nemesis.

-TK Dodge
-Ultimate Combat
-360 Movement Behavior

I see that the steps tell you to delete those folders and files from FNIS output....but what if FNIS never generated them in the first place? Like, for me for some reason....the output does not even contain a character sub-folder....will it still matter?

On 9/21/2021 at 4:50 AM, Yayayayayaya said:

1.Generate fnis first then copy all folder from meshes/actors/* except character and follower or humanoid race folder

2.Paste it somewhere

3.Generate nemesis

Worked ty.

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/21/2021 at 3:50 AM, Yayayayayaya said:

2.Paste it somewhere

3.Generate nemesis

i only have the folder character meshes/actors/character

• 1 year later...
  • 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, RabbitZer0 said:

I used a modpack that came with nemesis already installed, would generating the stuff with FNIS break it, or would it be okay?

Ask the modpack author.