Male Nude Mod?

Well, I tried making one in Blender with the Paradox importer/exporter addon, and the model turned out okay:

Spoiler

untitled.png.80b8d00da0ddac352cc1b40dadc40e5f.png

Unfortunately, this is how it turned out in-game:

Spoiler

20200917233213_1.jpg.bc2f04b35ee3fcfaf6c8d7d7fc8020a6.jpg

I assume it's something to do with the vertices not being properly mapped to the skeleton so it has no idea where to animate them or something, but if somebody knows how to fix it, I'd be grateful.

Or if there's somebody who has the technical aspects of Blender down but doesn't want to go through the trouble of modelling I could just send you the .blend file.

17 hours ago, irontooth23456 said:

I assume it's something to do with the vertices not being properly mapped to the skeleton so it has no idea where to animate them or something, but if somebody knows how to fix it, I'd be grateful.

That glich looks like what happens if you add extra vertices to the base model. With how blendshapes work, each blendshape has to basically be the same model with the same number of vertices. They only differ by the x/y/z coordinates of those vertices. If you add a vertices to the base model, you have to add the same vertices to each blendshape modifiying it (old, young, fat, etc.). But I don't know of a convenient way to do that.

You would probably have better luck trying to mimic how beards and other attachments work, rather than trying to modify the base model.

6 hours ago, WaffleIron said:

That glich looks like what happens if you add extra vertices to the base model. With how blendshapes work, each blendshape has to basically be the same model with the same number of vertices. They only differ by the x/y/z coordinates of those vertices. If you add a vertices to the base model, you have to add the same vertices to each blendshape modifiying it (old, young, fat, etc.). But I don't know of a convenient way to do that.

You would probably have better luck trying to mimic how beards and other attachments work, rather than trying to modify the base model.

Thanks, I'll look into that. I did notice that Simple Slits had a blendshapes file.

Howdy, I'm from the Paradox forums and the CK3 modding coop. Currently the character artist for the Bronze Age mod and the LOTR mod. While adult mods aren't really my thing, I have been considering doing some penis models (using blendshapes so they have some variety in shape and such) to better represent the nudity present in ancient egypt for the Bronze Age mod. This wouldn't be an official part of the mod, but just an addon I'd drop here for those who want the extra bit of authenticity. If I work on such a thing, I'd be happy for others to use them of course. I'm still not 100% certain when I'd work on it yet though. If others have already been working on something similar and need help with anything please let me know, I'd be more than happy to share any knowledge.

28 minutes ago, Rewinged said:

Howdy, I'm from the Paradox forums and the CK3 modding coop. Currently the character artist for the Bronze Age mod and the LOTR mod. While adult mods aren't really my thing, I have been considering doing some penis models (using blendshapes so they have some variety in shape and such) to better represent the nudity present in ancient egypt for the Bronze Age mod. This wouldn't be an official part of the mod, but just an addon I'd drop here for those who want the extra bit of authenticity. If I work on such a thing, I'd be happy for others to use them of course. I'm still not 100% certain when I'd work on it yet though. If others have already been working on something similar and need help with anything please let me know, I'd be more than happy to share any knowledge.

I have a question: in addition to the issue I posted a screenshot of above, how do you make it so that new topology is properly parented to the animation skeleton? Because when I try to do some stuff with poses, the penis is completely stationary.

52 minutes ago, Rewinged said:

Amazing work on those mods!

I would be hugely supportive of a mod like that or resources like that. I think there's a lot of us here who are hoping for some kind of realistic normal male nude mod. Something that would be appropriate for the game and mercifully free of LoversLab's usual obsession with Japanese fetishes.

Wasn't planning on making a male decensor, but I took a shot at it and have the base model and a single blendshape working now. Attachments have a seam/shadow that's hard to get rid of, so I did end up using the base model instead. I can see why people where having such trouble though, it is very sensitive to set up. I'll make another "simple" mod when I've finished the rest that other people can use as a base if they want.