Jump to content
Combaticus

Male Nude Mod?

Recommended Posts

Does one exist yet? I know there are a few female ones, but it's a bit jarring having men with the leaf, or worse yet that weird little nubby ken doll crotch. 

Share this post


Link to post

there are multiple ways how to delete the leaf (the ironman compatible one is to just replace it with invisible texture) but no mod models the pp yet so you have to be content with nubby doll crotch for the time being XD

Share this post


Link to post

From what I've understood reading Paradox devs say, it should be fairly easy to add stuff to the bodies, I think you just need Maya and PDX export addon thingy... I know nothing about 3D modding so I might be way off

Share this post


Link to post

i myself seriously looking forward to it, and to have more scales for bodyshape such as house hung cock or mega tits would be fun.

Share this post


Link to post

Well, I tried making one in Blender with the Paradox importer/exporter addon, and the model turned out okay:

Spoiler

untitled.png.80b8d00da0ddac352cc1b40dadc40e5f.png

Unfortunately, this is how it turned out in-game:

Spoiler

20200917233213_1.jpg.bc2f04b35ee3fcfaf6c8d7d7fc8020a6.jpg

I assume it's something to do with the vertices not being properly mapped to the skeleton so it has no idea where to animate them or something, but if somebody knows how to fix it, I'd be grateful.

 

Or if there's somebody who has the technical aspects of Blender down but doesn't want to go through the trouble of modelling I could just send you the .blend file.

Share this post


Link to post

I'm not the most experienced Blender user, mostly because I can't model at all. But I'm sure if you upload the .blend file I could try doing something.

Share this post


Link to post
17 hours ago, irontooth23456 said:

I assume it's something to do with the vertices not being properly mapped to the skeleton so it has no idea where to animate them or something, but if somebody knows how to fix it, I'd be grateful.

That glich looks like what happens if you add extra vertices to the base model. With how blendshapes work, each blendshape has to basically be the same model with the same number of vertices. They only differ by the x/y/z coordinates of those vertices. If you add a vertices to the base model, you have to add the same vertices to each blendshape modifiying it (old, young, fat, etc.). But I don't know of a convenient way to do that.

 

You would probably have better luck trying to mimic how beards and other attachments work, rather than trying to modify the base model.

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, WaffleIron said:

That glich looks like what happens if you add extra vertices to the base model. With how blendshapes work, each blendshape has to basically be the same model with the same number of vertices. They only differ by the x/y/z coordinates of those vertices. If you add a vertices to the base model, you have to add the same vertices to each blendshape modifiying it (old, young, fat, etc.). But I don't know of a convenient way to do that.

 

You would probably have better luck trying to mimic how beards and other attachments work, rather than trying to modify the base model.

Thanks, I'll look into that. I did notice that Simple Slits had a blendshapes file.

Share this post


Link to post

You will be my hero if you figure it out. though I prefer more reasonable sized one myself.

Share this post


Link to post

I have tried so much, but Blender just stopped working properly and wont even export meshes anymore.

Share this post


Link to post

Howdy, I'm from the Paradox forums and the CK3 modding coop. Currently the character artist for the Bronze Age mod and the LOTR mod. While adult mods aren't really my thing, I have been considering doing some penis models (using blendshapes so they have some variety in shape and such) to better represent the nudity present in ancient egypt for the Bronze Age mod. This wouldn't be an official part of the mod, but just an addon I'd drop here for those who want the extra bit of authenticity. If I work on such a thing, I'd be happy for others to use them of course. I'm still not 100% certain when I'd work on it yet though. If others have already been working on something similar and need help with anything please let me know, I'd be more than happy to share any knowledge.

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, Rewinged said:

Howdy, I'm from the Paradox forums and the CK3 modding coop. Currently the character artist for the Bronze Age mod and the LOTR mod. While adult mods aren't really my thing, I have been considering doing some penis models (using blendshapes so they have some variety in shape and such) to better represent the nudity present in ancient egypt for the Bronze Age mod. This wouldn't be an official part of the mod, but just an addon I'd drop here for those who want the extra bit of authenticity. If I work on such a thing, I'd be happy for others to use them of course. I'm still not 100% certain when I'd work on it yet though. If others have already been working on something similar and need help with anything please let me know, I'd be more than happy to share any knowledge.

I have a question: in addition to the issue I posted a screenshot of above, how do you make it so that new topology is properly parented to the animation skeleton? Because when I try to do some stuff with poses, the penis is completely stationary.

Share this post


Link to post

You would just have to rig it to the skeleton, like any other attachment. You would also need to create blendshapes to fit the various body shapes too though (fat, dwarf, gaunt, old and muscular)

Share this post


Link to post
52 minutes ago, Rewinged said:

Howdy, I'm from the Paradox forums and the CK3 modding coop. Currently the character artist for the Bronze Age mod and the LOTR mod. While adult mods aren't really my thing, I have been considering doing some penis models (using blendshapes so they have some variety in shape and such) to better represent the nudity present in ancient egypt for the Bronze Age mod. This wouldn't be an official part of the mod, but just an addon I'd drop here for those who want the extra bit of authenticity. If I work on such a thing, I'd be happy for others to use them of course. I'm still not 100% certain when I'd work on it yet though. If others have already been working on something similar and need help with anything please let me know, I'd be more than happy to share any knowledge.

Amazing work on those mods!

 

I would be hugely supportive of a mod like that or resources like that. I think there's a lot of us here who are hoping for some kind of realistic normal male nude mod. Something that would be appropriate for the game and mercifully free of LoversLab's usual obsession with Japanese fetishes.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Rewinged said:

You would just have to rig it to the skeleton, like any other attachment. You would also need to create blendshapes to fit the various body shapes too though (fat, dwarf, gaunt, old and muscular)

And, uh, not to sound stupid, but how do you do that? 😬

Share this post


Link to post
20 minutes ago, irontooth23456 said:

And, uh, not to sound stupid, but how do you do that? 😬

 

To connect the rig to the skeleton: in theory, you'd just have to connect the vertices of the penis to the vertices of the crotch.

Share this post


Link to post

Wasn't planning on making a male decensor, but I took a shot at it and have the base model and a single blendshape working now. Attachments have a seam/shadow that's hard to get rid of, so I did end up using the base model instead. I can see why people where having such trouble though, it is very sensitive to set up. I'll make another "simple" mod when I've finished the rest that other people can use as a base if they want.

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, MrMeargt said:

 

To connect the rig to the skeleton: in theory, you'd just have to connect the vertices of the penis to the vertices of the crotch.

No, that doesn't work, unfortunately.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...