Different Models?

4 hours ago, Synlaine said:

I just want to know the possibilities of adding in things like Elves, dwarves, draconic humanoids, werewolves, etc. lol

I'm sure some of the big overhaul mods are going to look into elves. I'm actually involved in one that is going to, eventually need to try to figure out elves and dwarves. But, we haven't started yet.

8 hours ago, Synlaine said:

Is anyone currently working on creating entirely new models yet? The models use blender correct?

just want to ask , what do you mean when you say the model use blender ?

i don't know how ck3 take in model mods,but it does not matter what program you use to make the model , i don't believe that is a block for other 3d making program.

4 minutes ago, kinre said:

i don't know how ck3 take in model mods,but it does not matter what program you use to make the model , i don't believe that is a block for other 3d making program.

The two programs we have exporters for right now are Maya (what Paradox uses in-house) and Blender. Of those, Blender is the more affordable for modding teams.

1 hour ago, Khadir said:

The two programs we have exporters for right now are Maya (what Paradox uses in-house) and Blender. Of those, Blender is the more affordable for modding teams.

ok, i understand paradox use maya, so my another Q will be did paradox make some addon for maya only, like Stellaris had

Might be a somewhat unique problem with this game due to the dynamic portrait creation, since I don't know how easy it would be to create new portraits based on a character's genetics with a model replacer. Static portrait replacers like in CK2 would work, but that feels pretty bad since you're not making use of the capabilities of the new game.

On 9/8/2020 at 3:25 AM, kinre said:

someone said if we want dick swinging mechanics or boob/labia jiggle mechanics you’d need new models too 

It's not even just a thing of having different models for all the blend shapes and clothes, you would also have to make portraits that have two races who will have different structured genes not completely fuck up producing children. maybe just have traits that replace/ add an accessory like current beautiful/herculean or disfigured that adds a mask to model. make elven trait add pointy ears on top of normal or replace head model so when you delet the trait you still would have vanilla portrait

19 hours ago, DrunkenBird said:

Might be a somewhat unique problem with this game due to the dynamic portrait creation, since I don't know how easy it would be to create new portraits based on a character's genetics with a model replacer. Static portrait replacers like in CK2 would work, but that feels pretty bad since you're not making use of the capabilities of the new game.

True, the DNA breeding feature is what makes this game better than CK2 for me. If modders cant use it might as well just play CK2