[mod] Harem Doctrines

4 hours ago, _Skyfire_ said:

Good to know. Does it also apply to bastard children?

Logically Iย believe it does.ย My experience is from children of different spouses. Most of them are NOT related except by one parent, their liege. Bastards would also fit in that same category since they also have one common liege parent. It didn't matter if they were full or half brothers or sisters. They all suffered stress when a sibling died.

ย 

I just don't know how Paradox calculates stress (mitigating stress for large familiesย is aย needed mod). I am looking into it but since i'm a rather slothful individual I doubt I will get far...

7 hours ago, Rizmordan said:

Logically Iย believe it does.ย My experience is from children of different spouses. Most of them are NOT related except by one parent, their liege. Bastards would also fit in that same category since they also have one common liege parent. It didn't matter if they were full or half brothers or sisters. They all suffered stress when a sibling died.

ย 

I just don't know how Paradox calculates stress (mitigating stress for large familiesย is aย needed mod). I am looking into it but since i'm a rather slothful individual I doubt I will get far...

After a death in the family triggered a cascade effect in both my children and grandchildren, wiping out my 400 member dynasty all at once, I made a fix.

ย 

It's a pretty clumsy fix and disables stress gain from sibling death entirely, but it works and my dynasty is alive and well. Might get around to allowing stress gain for close sibling relationships, but I'll have to figure out what threshold is reasonable, and would also have to stop being lazy... Anyway, sharing my fix here.

StressQuickFix.zip

Key difference is, even if rarely recognized,ย often bastards would have no contactย with the legitimate children, so their death shouldn't really affect anyone tbh.

ย 

Heh if stress can kill a whole 400 memberย dynasty just like that...I sure hope Paradox is working on a fixย ?

22 hours ago, ToastBaron said:

After a death in the family triggered a cascade effect in both my children and grandchildren, wiping out my 400 member dynasty all at once, I made a fix.

ย 

It's a pretty clumsy fix and disables stress gain from sibling death entirely, but it works and my dynasty is alive and well. Might get around to allowing stress gain for close sibling relationships, but I'll have to figure out what threshold is reasonable, and would also have to stop being lazy... Anyway, sharing my fix here.

StressQuickFix.zip 8.4 kB ยท 5 downloads

Excellent fix!

ย 

Hilarious; Paradox hasย it is based on 3 triggers set to the child's opinion of the dead sibling.

ย 

- 40 or greaterย (40-100 opinion) it triggers a medium stress gain. Adds 40 to stress.

- Less then 40 (1-39ย opinion)ย it is minor gain. Adds 20 to stress.

- 0 opinion or less it is a minor stress loss. Add -10 to stress.ย 

ย 

- This is the compressed stringย -

if = {imit = {opinion = {target = scope:dead_character value >= 40}} add_stress = medium_stress_gain} else_if = {limit = {opinion = {target = scope:dead_character value < 40} opinion = {target = scope:dead_character value >= 0}} add_stress = minor_stress_gain} else = {add_stress = minor_stress_loss}}}

ย 

Tweaking the values of the 00_stress_values.txt and the 00_sibling_opinons.txt should probably reign in these issues...

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/8/2020 at 1:52 AM, rhipeen said:

Here is my magic I have tried at altering GUI, atm it separates concubines/spouses from the parents/grandparents line, makes it so that they are the same as children and siblings. ie shows 7 wives (or consorts.... or both, each of them is now separate window thats invisible if you dont have them) and has the expand function like siblings and children.... the only problem I have noticed is that the expanded list now has transparent background where you can see the "normal" relations, even for the original expanded windows for siblings and children, but if you can live trough that it works just fine

window_character.gui 101.97 kB ยท 25 downloads

hmm, I tried my own with this but got stuck if anyone else knows how to fix the last part. I set consorts/concubines down with children taking 3 slots to the right. However don't get the portraits right I get all the children stacking up on one another.

window_character.gui

Hah, wish I had kept up with this topic after I grabbed the mod.

ย 

Just had my 500+ strong dynasty wiped out by cascading stress. One or two kids lost in battle, a couple to the plague, and the snowball started rolling. Whole house poofed inside a month and a half.

ย 

I like to think it was mass suicide. The rest of the world must have been perplexed.

ย 

Thanks much for your fix @ToastBaron. I'll have to give it a shot in my next game.

Regarding the Stress Quick Fix. One, Paradox finally made it possible to overwrite by key, rather than an entire file (Finally!). So only overwritingย death_management.0002 in a file named something like "z_stress_quick_fix.txt" should both work and increase compatibility. Two, Patch 1.1 made a lot of changes to death_management_events.txt, so it would need an update.

ย 

As for a more permanent fix, some ideas. A per_character variable tracking sibling count, updated on birth and on death for performance, could be checked against a certain number to see whether to implement stress at all, i.e. no more stressย while more than 20 siblings are alive. Or to go even further, stress could be processed using that variable as a multiplier, making far less stress the more siblings are alive, eventually reaching zero once horde of children is more accurate than brood.

So I found a few more issues. Specifically, multiple marriage opinion modifiers were checking against polygamy and concubinage, but not finding the new doctrines. Took me a bit, fixed it. Also I was wrong before. Apparently events don't overwrite properly.

Attached is my version of the mod, which includes my fixes and the Stress Quick Fix @ToastBaronย posted earlier. @NightlinerSGS Do with as you will

HaremDoctrinesFix.zip

3 hours ago, seeker0003 said:

So I found a few more issues. Specifically, multiple marriage opinion modifiers were checking against polygamy and concubinage, but not finding the new doctrines. Took me a bit, fixed it. Also I was wrong before. Apparently events don't overwrite properly.

Attached is my version of the mod, which includes my fixes and the Stress Quick Fix @ToastBaronย posted earlier. @NightlinerSGS Do with as you will

HaremDoctrinesFix.zip 98.25 kB ยท 5 downloads

Ah, I see. Those other files reference the original polygamy/concubine doctrine directly instead of looking at the number of spouses/concubines like I thought. I'll take a deeper look at this next weekend and probably integrate it.

ย 

In regards to the stress fix... I've just never had a stress cascade like that happen to me so far. However, I did notice that many characters in my massive family have stress traits, and they get them early. I'll look at this too for a quick fix, in the long run I plan to make decisions around the harem that deal with stress.

4 hours ago, NightlinerSGS said:

Ah, I see. Those other files reference the original polygamy/concubine doctrine directly instead of looking at the number of spouses/concubines like I thought. I'll take a deeper look at this next weekend and probably integrate it.

ย 

In regards to the stress fix... I've just never had a stress cascade like that happen to me so far. However, I did notice that many characters in my massive family have stress traits, and they get them early. I'll look at this too for a quick fix, in the long run I plan to make decisions around the harem that deal with stress.

I think it has to do with volume. When I experienced the death cascade I was on at least my third generation with over 50 kids each, (I think that's close to the limit for a single character) and almost the entire dynasty was closely related enough to cause stress on death. Add on the fact that most of them had some degree of the herculean traits, meaning that all of my knights were close family members, and a few back to back wars and deaths in battle set off a chain reaction... good times.

In regards to your ruler wives taking multiple husband under equal law, somebody post a code that prevent this. Can anybody try merging it with this mod?

the file that you need to edit isย 

\common\scripted_triggers\00_marriage_triggers.txt

The code isย 

can_marry_common_trigger = {
ย  ย  is_alive = yes
ย  ย  NOT = { has_trait_with_flag = can_not_marry }
ย  ย  NOT = {ย 
ย  ย  any_spouse = {
ย  ย  ย  ย  is_ai = no
ย  ย  }
}

the added part is

any_spouse = {
ย  ย  ย  ย  is_ai = no
ย  ย  }

which means any characters whose spouse is You, the player, is not eligible for further marriage.

19 hours ago, ToastBaron said:

I think it has to do with volume. When I experienced the death cascade I was on at least my third generation with over 50 kids each, (I think that's close to the limit for a single character) and almost the entire dynasty was closely related enough to cause stress on death. Add on the fact that most of them had some degree of the herculean traits, meaning that all of my knights were close family members, and a few back to back wars and deaths in battle set off a chain reaction... good times.

ย 

Yeah. I had a patriarch who was at that point putting kids into his great-granddaughters. It was a very large family and they were all siblings. A few deaths in remotely close proximity and it was a waterfall.

ย 

They also had the tendency to get stress traits early as Nightliner observed. Lotta drunkards in my tree.

On 10/1/2020 at 9:45 PM, NightlinerSGS said:

this file: /common/defines/00_defines.txt

ย 

DYNASTY_TREE_MAX_SIZE = 200 ย # Limit initial number of character in single dynasty tree

ย 

probably, the problem is caused by this. need to increase the dynasty limit.ย The death cascade is probably caused by the game clearing out excess dynasty members.

ย 

and

ย 

BASE_NR_OF_CHILDREN_PER_COUPLE = { 1 1 2 3 5 5 } # Based on tier of character or parents; whichever is higher Unlanded, Baron, Count, ..., Emperor

ย 

obviously, we need to increase the number of possible children. A harem of 25 spouses and 100 concubines cannot give birth to only 15. There will be a huge crowd of children)ย or, remove limits altogether so that they can reproduce while they are of childbearing age.

ย 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2247667356ย ย this mod removes the limits on the reproduction of children.

5 hours ago, sss1sss11 said:

this file: /common/defines/00_defines.txt

ย 

DYNASTY_TREE_MAX_SIZE = 200 ย # Limit initial number of character in single dynasty tree

ย 

probably, the problem is caused by this. need to increase the dynasty limit.ย The death cascade is probably caused by the game clearing out excess dynasty members.

ย 

and

ย 

BASE_NR_OF_CHILDREN_PER_COUPLE = { 1 1 2 3 5 5 } # Based on tier of character or parents; whichever is higher Unlanded, Baron, Count, ..., Emperor

ย 

obviously, we need to increase the number of possible children. A harem of 25 spouses and 100 concubines cannot give birth to only 15. There will be a huge crowd of children)ย or, remove limits altogether so that they can reproduce while they are of childbearing age.

ย 

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2247667356ย ย this mod removes the limits on the reproduction of children.

ย 

My dynasty is over 600 without the use of a mod that removes the cap you are demonstrating above. Does it only apply to NPC dynasties?

ย 

I get around the limits of "children per couple" by using the impregnate spouse mod, but it would be nice for it to happen naturally - especially for NPCs. I have immortal daughters in my game who are Queens and very fertile but stopped having kids until some died, I guess now I know why.

ย 

Curious - that definition limits children "per couple"; are you and your wife vs. you and your concubine a distinct "couple"? I would assume so.

ย 

ย 

56 minutes ago, thuggins said:

ย 

My dynasty is over 600 without the use of a mod that removes the cap you are demonstrating above. Does it only apply to NPC dynasties?

ย 

I get around the limits of "children per couple" by using the impregnate spouse mod, but it would be nice for it to happen naturally - especially for NPCs. I have immortal daughters in my game who are Queens and very fertile but stopped having kids until some died, I guess now I know why.

ย 

Curious - that definition limits children "per couple"; are you and your wife vs. you and your concubine a distinct "couple"? I would assume so.

ย 

ย 

ย 

I dont know. The limit is not defined only for NPCs, probably not.ย It is necessary to understand, there are many definitions, how their various combinations affect. ะlso, perhaps, the younger houses (cadet branch) are counted as separate dynasties. Maybe the cases of a cascade of deaths are caused when they are all in the same house.

ย 

ย 

By the number of children per couple - more than 15 does not work, the author of the mod on the link is right . Although it should be about 20, in the case of 4 spouses.ย In the case, one husband and 4 wives are 4 couples. 5 children for each couple for the emperor is 20 children.

ย 

the author of the mod bypasses this limitation like this:

ย 

NChildbirth = {
ย ย  ย BASE_NR_OF_CHILDREN_PER_COUPLE = { 9999 9999 9999 9999 9999 9999 } # Based on tier of character or parents; whichever is higher Unlanded, Baron, Count, ..., Emperor
}

ย 

ย 

13 hours ago, sss1sss11 said:

ย 

I assume:

• "initial" means that at game start no dynasty has more than 200 members
  • Base number of children per couple: there are defines for "extra children from extra concubines", so a "couple" should beย any marriage, no matter how many people are involved; if you are married and have 3 concubines, that's one couple. If you are married to three wifes, that's one couple. I can't imagine what happens in gender equality settings where one of your wifes has different spouses... if that's even possible (it should be, though...).

EXTRA_CHILDREN_FOR_PLAYERS = 2 # Num of extra children players can have before reaching living child limit
EXTRA_CHILDREN_PER_EXTRA_SPOUSE = 2 # Num of extra children per spouse above one before reaching living child limit
EXTRA_CHILDREN_PER_EXTRA_CONCUBINE = 2 # Num of extra children per concubine above one before reaching living child limit

With 100 concubines you should (if comments on these lines are literal) get base number plus extra for player plus extra from "more than one concubine", as an emeror thats 5+2+198=205 children. Enjoy. It's troublesome though to get children from new concubines because while they increase the limit, I don't think they are prioritized, so if any other two concubines get pregnant then the new one won't (because the limit is already reached).

• 1 month later...

there's a bug when you chose any of the marriage doctrines, your ruler's husband/wife can't marry and your vessel will have "-1000 religion don't allow polygamy", if you choose the vanilla polygamy then the ruler's wife/husband needs to own a land of their own to marry another spouse... had the urge to make everyone's brother's and sister their husbands and wives lol... if anyone know how to work around this please do tell...thanks!

7 hours ago, onishinigami said:

there's a bug when you chose any of the marriage doctrines, your ruler's husband/wife can't marry and your vessel will have "-1000 religion don't allow polygamy", if you choose the vanilla polygamy then the ruler's wife/husband needs to own a land of their own to marry another spouse... had the urge to make everyone's brother's and sister their husbands and wives lol... if anyone know how to work around this please do tell...thanks!

The doctrines add different marriage types. I did this for myself so I think it only includes like the 5 spouse 20 concubine one and similar but you just have to add the marriage types do the decision modifier. Just search polygamy in that text file

zz_00_marriage_scripted_modifiers_patch.txt

• 5 months later...
On 11/9/2020 at 1:08 PM, EvenBiggerChungus said:

The doctrines add different marriage types. I did this for myself so I think it only includes like the 5 spouse 20 concubine one and similar but you just have to add the marriage types do the decision modifier. Just search polygamy in that text file

zz_00_marriage_scripted_modifiers_patch.txt 41.23 kB ยท 97 downloads

I'm so confused. HOW do I fix the polygamy problem? Is there somewhere I'm supposed to put this particular .txt file?