Installing Wicked Whims

Do you need all expansions of sims 4 to install Wicked Whims?  I understand the game has be be of a certain version but from what I've seen while researching sim 4 updates, you only get the updates when you install the expansion packs (can't install updates without expansions), so basically Wicked Whims makes you buy all sim 4 expansions just to install it.  It does not work with the base game, tried that already.

Sim 4 expansions are huge size wise!  That's the draw back for me.  Sims 3 kinkyworld is awesome but most gamers know sims 3 was poorly optimized (which explains why sims 4 is more like sims 1).  Plus sims 4 characters are too happy-go-lucky for me, but I still would rather run Wicked Whims and sims 4 because of the better optimization.  You would probably need a $6k graphics card taking up two board slots in order to run sims 3 smooth enough to not notice the hiccups.

Windows 7 64 bit

Quad-core 3.4 ghz

AMD chipset

Nvidia graphics (cuda tech)

8 gigs ram

welcome to sims 4. you sound like i did when i first decided to give sims 4 a try.

you should be able to use wickedwhims without expansion packs. Sims 4 just broke a load of mods today with its newest update. this happens with big updates. so i recommend trying to set up wicked whims at a later time. i would be on sims right now, but the update broke everything. im waiting for all of our great modders to update their mods before i go saving my game.

i agree, sims 4 sims are too-happy-go-lucky for sure. until i ran into the following add-on (after 2-3 years of going without). the link will go into detail. i'll upload the addon to this reply, along with other realistic addons.

here is the details (only) of that addon. https://modthesims.info/archive/index.php?t-594573.html

also included in my upload below is, "invite to home longer" - visitors stay for up to 2 weeks unless you ask them to leave or use Mod command center to make them leave. instead of them only staying for like 5 real life minutes. i love it.

also, another add-on = "Less Intrusive Conversations" = less interuptions by random people/people walking by you and another person who are talking. noone will ever interupt, unless youre in your own home, how it should be.

heck, i'll just share my whole addons folder. i organized it so the addons i did mention in this reply, are the first ones you'll see.

if any of these addons do stop working after that update, just copy and paste the file name into google, and you should be able to find the original download page for the addon. 

im uploading in 7zip and zip format. choose one.

realistic addons snake1384 uses and recommends.zip

8 hours ago, chitondihk said:

I understand the game has be be of a certain version but from what I've seen while researching sim 4 updates, you only get the updates when you install the expansion packs (can't install updates without expansions), so basically Wicked Whims makes you buy all sim 4 expansions just to install it.  It does not work with the base game, tried that already.

If WW didn't work with base game only then you had something installed wrong.

Game will auto update and break your mods unless you disable it in the Origin settings.

No EP's are required for WW but if you want to use the new Strip Club you need Get to Work EP.

And Get Together EP for using Sex Clubs but these are just some added features if you have them and not required.

Don't worry about too many DLC's as S4 isn't nearly as demanding as S3 was.

Start with Wicked Whims and some Animations first.

MC Command Center is a nice mod much like NRass was for S3 but has way more useful features.

Basemental Drugs adds drugs and smoking.

Nisa's Wicked Perversions adds prostitution system.

Mods will need to be updated after major game patches. 

I have been using ww for every I just noticed after the update its not working anymore. I re downloaded the file like I always do. But now when ever I try to use WW I am getting a giant blue square with a purple circle in. Would this have something to do with the update ? 

13 minutes ago, Bourda86 said:

I have been using ww for every I just noticed after the update its not working anymore. I re downloaded the file like I always do. But now when ever I try to use WW I am getting a giant blue square with a purple circle in. Would this have something to do with the update ? 

Try deleting your "localthumbcache.package" file loceted in your game folder.

• 2 weeks later...