GND Model Noob Tutorial

Happysparkles

So for those who remember I posted a thread a while back How to Create GND Models?

Well a few days after some going insane and not really finding a concise answer I learned myself how to do it.

I posted it on my blog but somehow forgot to share it with the rest of Lovers Lab. So I am deciding today to add this for others who may have the same issue as me and prefer to have it explained step by step. This is not the greatest GND model and I recommend playing around with the settings and mass and float values as well in Nifskope, But it will be helpful for other new modders to keep the moral going and allow them to make complete mods of their own instead of using others resources for GND models if not neglecting it all together.

So here goes the pasting of it,

So I finally did it. I have spent countless hours to figure out something that only takes less then five minutes. I made my first GND MODEL!!! And now I am going crazy with it and I am excited.

Oblivion+2012-12-03+16-58-11-96.jpg

Oblivion+2012-12-03+16-58-32-45.jpg

Oblivion+2012-12-03+19-59-53-63.jpg

Now I have GND Models for my first outfit.
Maybe soon I can do an outfit release soon enough we will see. But I might switch the panties for now. Maybe I will use the Tanga Panties. Because I feel it will be better to make this set the Ring Set. We will see so keep your eyes open for it.

So now since I had such struggles I decided to try to save others the Stress so lets get to it!

This Tutorial is for beginners and all you need to do is know how to use BlenderUI. 
This GND model is not perfect and is not the best but I have not seen any tutorials for it so it will teach you to make a basic GND Model for your clothing and you can build upon it from there.

blender+2012-11-28+17-20-56-70.jpg
 First You need to Start Blender of course.
blender+2012-11-28+17-24-56-98.jpg
 Upload the Model of the GND you want to make. For me I used the BDM Ring Bra. 
You can also create you own too if you want to be creative.
blender+2012-11-28+17-26-06-37.jpg
Now delete the Bones/Armature and the body and other pieces you do not net to be in the Ground Model (GND)

blender+2012-11-28+17-26-43-49.jpg
 I joined the parts together since the bra has multiple parts.
blender+2012-11-28+17-28-12-66.jpg
Now Go into Edit mod (Tab)
Now chose Scale Manipulator since I am lazy to go back and make circles all you need to do is press Ctrl+Alt+S and that will apply the Scale Manipulator (The blue square next to global) Probably best going to side view Pressing 3
blender+2012-11-28+17-28-37-87.jpg
Now you want to try to flatten it (I do not think it is 100% necessary but I followed what I saw from other GND Files the Pros have made)
blender+2012-11-28+17-29-00-97.jpg
 Now you will stay in Edit mode and Press N then make sure you check global instead of Local (Local is selected here)
When you do that set the 3 settings shown to Zero (0)
blender+2012-11-28+17-33-51-00.jpg
Now you will have your item on the ground.
blender+2012-11-28+17-35-24-07.jpg
 Now duplicate it Press Ctrl+D (You can do this less glitchy in Edit mod but make sure you separate the duplicated one from the original I would also move it to the side by holding G and clicking and using the mouse. Press P the Separate it from the original (it will be to your advantage later) If you went to Edit mode go back ot Object mode (Pressing Tab)
blender+2012-11-28+17-35-32-98.jpg
 Press F7 to go to Object Pana (or the three Arrows) Click on Bounds Under DrawType, Now you will get these pink boxes with a wired version of the outfit.
blender+2012-11-28+17-39-04-22.jpg
 Press N again if you closed the window before and go back to Global and set all settings to 0 again.
Now you will have them combined. Press A until everything is outlined pink. Then Go to File Export. And Export them with the settings below.
blender+2012-11-28+17-39-53-81.jpg
These settings are the ones I used. They are not 100% perfect but they do make a Simple GND and they work. Notice they differ from the original settings. Experiment with these values and see if you can get a PERFECT GND but for now this should do for those who are not going for a 100% perfect item (I never persoanlly drop items but for those who will play my future mods I would like to not have the "WTF I'm a Missing Mesh"

I hope this tutorial helped anyone else who wanted to learn GND making but found some of the Tutorial on the net rather over intuitive and confusing. 

Thanks
-HS
PS: This is for OBLIVION, though it may work for Fallout but would love others to confirm that,

Archived