Loiterers

I wish was there a way to disable Loiterers from coming to the Club. They take up seats. They don't drink. They reject the Charmers when the Dancers attempt ply their trade. I'll have the owner step in and ask them to leave but they get belligerent and continue to just sit there. I don't see what purpose they serve other than being a pain in the ass and taking up Sim spaces.

I've taken to using MCCC to force every single one of them to leave as soon as they spawn in off the street. But some nights I'm clicking a dozen Sims to get them to take a hike. It would be nice if we could get a sign in Build mode similar to the "No Sex Allowed On Lot" specifically targeted at Loiterers. I know I'd use it.

Just my two cents.

On 8/18/2020 at 5:33 PM, BatDood said:

I wish was there a way to disable Loiterers from coming to the Club. They take up seats. They don't drink. They reject the Charmers when the Dancers attempt ply their trade. I'll have the owner step in and ask them to leave but they get belligerent and continue to just sit there. I don't see what purpose they serve other than being a pain in the ass and taking up Sim spaces.

I don't know, sounds just like something an actual Loiterer would do.

Spot on explanation why Loiterers exist, if it was self aware it could be a satire post. On top of this, they leave trash around too. Their entire reason to exist is so they take up space and you need to ask them to leave. Isn't this genius? You don't need to answer that, I know it is.

This is a part of running a business that needs active clients, some of them will be useless and need to be spotted and thrown out. Charming Dancers will do it automatically or you can do it yourself. Once asked to leave, their role is removed and the only thing Sim can do is to actually leave, as long as their autonomy kicks in. That can be improved to happen faster though, so I will take a look at it.

I've taken to using MCCC to force every single one of them to leave as soon as they spawn in off the street. But some nights I'm clicking a dozen Sims to get them to take a hike. It would be nice if we could get a sign in Build mode similar to the "No Sex Allowed On Lot" specifically targeted at Loiterers. I know I'd use it.

Part of future updates to Strip Clubs will be setting up club rules and having an entry fee that will get rid of loiterers, but at cost of some legitimate clients too.

4 hours ago, TURBODRIVER said:

Spot on explanation why Loiterers exist, if it was self aware it could be a satire post. On top of this, they leave trash around too. Their entire reason to exist is so they take up space and you need to ask them to leave. Isn't this genius? You don't need to answer that, I know it is.

This is a part of running a business that needs active clients, some of them will be useless and need to be spotted and thrown out. Charming Dancers will do it automatically or you can do it yourself. Once asked to leave, their role is removed and the only thing Sim can do is to actually leave, as long as their autonomy kicks in. That can be improved to happen faster though, so I will take a look at it.

Part of future updates to Strip Clubs will be setting up club rules and having an entry fee that will get rid of loiterers, but at cost of some legitimate clients too.

Thanks for responding. I see the point. I was just kind of irritated after a one particular night with a lot more loiterers than usual and having no recourse than to go around kicking them all out one at a time. I was also having an issue where some of them just wouldn't leave, for some strange reason. I've never had to do that with any of my restaurants because people are all there to eat. My function to was to make sure everyone was doing they're jobs and getting the training they needed so I might have been comparing strip clubs to restaurants a little too closely.

• 2 months later...

@TURBODRIVER I love the strip club mod and have enjoyed experimenting with different layouts and themes. It's so much fun and supporting you through Patreon is the least I can do. I have found the cleaning up to be chore though since I end the night with 20 or so glasses lying around which my cleaner never cleans up. Clicking on them one at a time results in my boss going back and forth so many times just to get them clean. He'll use the dishwasher after the first, and then every other glass gets handwashed - one at a time.

Anyways... on loiterers I don't mind having to go around and kick them out. Yes, I'd prefer that my owner sits in his corner booth, sips his whiskey, and watches the action but I guess this is what the Sims game is about. Better for us to be active!

Going forward I'd be hoping that either we could employ Bouncers or could use the Bouncer property trait to lessen the impact of loiterers, but at a hit to profit?

I'm particularly intrigued to see how bouncers would interact with the gangs from Basemental (when I can spend the time to get some competing gangs setup) e.g. more fighting on the premises between the two gangs to make it their territory, or what happens if the club is owned by one gang... can I have the other gang banned automatically.

on the bright side, before when I'm still running a strip club, sometimes loiterers do help tidy up the place by cleaning up trash and dirty plates if my janitors are overwhelmed with tasks to do (maybe they have a neat trait in them compelling them to do this). sometimes they accept lap dances from me (i hired my own sim as a dancer) if I ask them. maybe that's on the previous version of WW and no longer available on the newer versions but overall, I did not have any major problems with the loiterers like they are just there to spice up the game.

I agree in adding bouncers since they are already included in get famous and would add realism as they are really bouncers in IRL strip clubs and a better staff to deal with loiterers or kleptos as well.

• 2 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

many times i've seen loiterers turn into customers. it prob happens to 4 or 5 of them each night. i used to always kick them out but i don't anymore.

dishes and glasses that need to be cleaned up is done as soon as the employees walk on premises the next day. i used to spend time after closing cleaning up but now i leave for the janitors at the start of their next shift. club usually takes a bit to get busy and it gives the janitors something to do when normally they'd just be sitting around waiting for trash to be generated by the customers.