Request: custom race/custom texture for custom follower

Hey there! I was hoping someone could point me in the right direction or set me on the right path to getting a custom follower set up with body textures I made. I've followed the process similar to skyrim I believe, but while in the actor tab in CK, the character still retains the normal human skin, instead of the textures I added. They're added in the CK, but I'm afraid I missed something. I'm not sure if I need to make a whole new race or would it be enough to simply make this skin unique to this npc? I've spent the last few days researching, but have come up empty handed on this particular issue, but I might not be looking in the right spot either. Any help will be super appreciated!

You can make a skin Armor and make the NPC use it as their skin.  For an example, take a look at the SkinNakedDirty armor (MacCready uses this as his skin).  You'll need to create Armor Addons that use your textures for the hands and torso, then an Armor to point to them:

Untitled1.jpg

then just make the actor use that armor as its skin:

Untitled2.jpg

Changing them to a custom race would also work but then you'll have to add config files to AAF to support it, some mods won't recognize it, etc.

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the late reply. That helped, and was basically the same, mostly, as it is for Skyrim CK, thank goodness! The one problem I ran into was dealing with the face texture I made. I didn't have to create a new race, simply go about and adding an armor addon, As for the face, I followed the same method, although it doesn't seem to show up correctly in game, using default human skin instead, so I goofed up somewhere in there. So I figured I might instead use the default human male skin for the face, and just add a metric ton of burn scars, using some from LMCC and all the vanilla burns. Well, it shows up in CK perfectly (although I wish there was a burn scar for the chin), but in game, unfortunately only the vanilla scars seem to appear. There was the suggestion somewhere else to export the face, but this latest version of CK doesn't seem to do so. I'm thinking I'm going to need to find an earlier version of CK instead, like I did to generate the lip files, in order to export. As well as archive in .ba2 format since the last attempt resulted in purple hands, no armor and no follower package when my friend tested it out. Works great in my game but I can tell it's gonna take some work to ferret out those problems. 

Thank you again for the images, I really appreciate it as it's easier to follow something visual than only text!