Full texture load for distant objects

Hi,
recently I downloaded texture for whiterun walls to make it looks better. Everything would be great if not this: landscape.png.23106163bf245d391e2158d6f4823e01.png

The only wayI found out to get that wall to have "full texture" was increasing uGridsToLoad to 7 or 9. But I heard that even value of 7 could be bad for skyrim stability in long run.
So then I wanted to try dyndolod..but unfortunately it don't want to even start. I'm running out of ideas and this is really bothering me. ANy suggestions?

1 hour ago, Brittany11101 said:

ANy suggestions?

Theoretically, you should have both, meshes and textures.
With Nifskope you would have the possibility to view them and possibly make changes, perhaps by changing the emission color .

If, on the other hand, you only have the textures, with any program that allows you to open / edit the DDS ( PAINT.NET, XNVIEW,PHOTOSHOP,GIMP ) , you could try to change the colors . 

12 hours ago, Lestat1627 said:

Theoretically, you should have both, meshes and textures.
With Nifskope you would have the possibility to view them and possibly make changes, perhaps by changing the emission color .

If, on the other hand, you only have the textures, with any program that allows you to open / edit the DDS ( PAINT.NET, XNVIEW,PHOTOSHOP,GIMP ) , you could try to change the colors . 

So..I should find those whiterun LOD walls textures and replace them?

Seems to be applying a generic texture. DynDOLOD will solve most of these issues.

What error exactly is DynDOLOD giving you? There is absolutely no reason for a modded Skyrim setup to not run DynDOLOD and optionally this for terrain LODs and occlusion data.

P.S. Don't bother with raising uGridsToLoad above 5. You know how sometimes scripted scenes trigger while you've no LOS to the scene or when sometimes you see flying elks/mammoths? Yeah, these problems will exponentially rise as more cells get loaded around your current cell.

4 hours ago, Hawk9969 said:

Seems to be applying a generic texture. DynDOLOD will solve most of these issues.

What error exactly is DynDOLOD giving you? There is absolutely no reason for a modded Skyrim setup to not run DynDOLOD and optionally this for terrain LODs and occlusion data.

P.S. Don't bother with raising uGridsToLoad above 5. You know how sometimes scripted scenes trigger while you've no LOS to the scene or when sometimes you see flying elks/mammoths? Yeah, these problems will exponentially rise as more cells get loaded around your current cell.

it can't find skyrim ini ,and I tried to launch game via launcher etc but still nothing

1 hour ago, Brittany11101 said:

it can't find skyrim ini ,and I tried to launch game via launcher etc but still nothing

Did you try looking to see if the ini file was actually there?

It's difficult to make any good guesses from that image but your Skyrim looks very drab and washed out while the wall texture looks to have more colour.

Obvious thing to try would be to remove the 'whiterun walls' mod (which mod was this exactly?)

I use this for my LODs if you want to try an alternative to DynDOLOD

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62698/

2 hours ago, Grey Cloud said:

Did you try looking to see if the ini file was actually there?

It's difficult to make any good guesses from that image but your Skyrim looks very drab and washed out while the wall texture looks to have more colour.

Obvious thing to try would be to remove the 'whiterun walls' mod (which mod was this exactly?)

I use this for my LODs if you want to try an alternative to DynDOLOD

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/62698/

it's washed out because I don't use any enb ,any land textures etc
And the mod for whiterun walls was  CleverCharff's Whiterun

7 hours ago, Brittany11101 said:

Which edition of the game are you running? Which mod manager are you running? If running MO/MO2, are you running TexGen.exe and DynDOLOD.exe through MO?

I won't go into details on how to properly run DynDOLOD because there are a bunch of videos on the subject and it's fairly easy to grasp, but the overall process is:

1. Install DynDOLOD Resources just like any mod.
  2. Unpack DynDOLOD to a separate location. If running MO, make sure this location is not part of MO's virtual filesystem.
  3. Run TexGen.exe or TexGenx64.exe. If running MO, make sure the output path is not part of MO's virtual filesystem.
  4. Install the content generated by TexGen within the output path to your game just like any mod.
  5. Run DynDOLOD.exe or DynDOLODx64.exe. If running MO, make sure the output path is not part of MO's virtual filesystem.
  6. Install the content generated by DynDOLOD within the output path to your game just like any mod.
  7. Move DynDOLOD.esp to the bottom of your load order and enable it.

P.S. If running SSE instead of LE, you need to pass -sse to TexGen and DynDOLOD as a command line parameter. This *MIGHT* be the reason it's not finding your ini.

1 hour ago, Hawk9969 said:

Which edition of the game are you running? Which mod manager are you running? If running MO/MO2, are you running TexGen.exe and DynDOLOD.exe through MO?

I won't go into details on how to properly run DynDOLOD because there are a bunch of videos on the subject and it's fairly easy to grasp, but the overall process is:

1. Install DynDOLOD Resources just like any mod.
  2. Unpack DynDOLOD to a separate location. If running MO, make sure this location is not part of MO's virtual filesystem.
  3. Run TexGen.exe or TexGenx64.exe. If running MO, make sure the output path is not part of MO's virtual filesystem.
  4. Install the content generated by TexGen within the output path to your game just like any mod.
  5. Run DynDOLOD.exe or DynDOLODx64.exe. If running MO, make sure the output path is not part of MO's virtual filesystem.
  6. Install the content generated by DynDOLOD within the output path to your game just like any mod.
  7. Move DynDOLOD.esp to the bottom of your load order and enable it.

P.S. If running SSE instead of LE, you need to pass -sse to TexGen and DynDOLOD as a command line parameter. This *MIGHT* be the reason it's not finding your ini.

I use Legendary Edition and MO + I was running TexGen and DynDolod through MO.