Armor position wrong after converting in OS...

Hey!

I'm trying to convert in OS vanilla armors to a UNP preset I made in BS. I was having a problem with the body coming out of the armor, then I asked about it in the ousnius discord, it fixed the initial problem but then it caused another problem, I followed the step-by-step in ousnius github, made the converssion Vanilla to CBBE > CBBE to UNP > exported NIF and then used a preset with BodySlide. 

The first problem was unweighted vertices, in the body and underwear part it works fine, but the main armor part gives this error:

rRKiEqF.png

Then the wrong position ingame, the problem isn't only in forearms /calves, but the whole body is a little too high...

SdVXuRU.png

In the ousnius discord they only told me to check the calves and forearms from ArmorAddon, but it was already checked by default.

UZIkgpa.png

This is how AA parts checked looks ingame:

1u9EWnF.png

But then I told that I converted to UNP and they told me that UNP is the opposite and uncheck the AA parts, is this was how it looked ingame...

lAXZu14.png

I think that the problem has nothing to do with the calves/forearms parts, but the positioning, so the coordinates might be wrong...

It's been almost a month I'm trying to convert the vanilla armors, everytime I fix something another problem appears, I'm almost giving up to be honest...

Any help would be appreciated, thank you so much! ;w;

34 minutes ago, koalynha said:

It's been almost a month I'm trying to convert the vanilla armors, everytime I fix something another problem appears, I'm almost giving up to be honest...

Any help would be appreciated, thank you so much! ;w;

I would be interested in seeing an answer from someone that knows what they are doing.

All I can offer is a shortcut

https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/85411?tab=description

There was another of these, a "high poly" version but it has been hidden by the author.

59 minutes ago, koalynha said:

The first problem was unweighted vertices, in the body and underwear part it works fine, but the main armor part gives this error:

rRKiEqF.png

The parts must be masked, and then cut away

This is how AA parts checked looks ingame:

1u9EWnF.png

You have to replace the feet

But then I told that I converted to UNP and they told me that UNP is the opposite and uncheck the AA parts, is this was how it looked ingame...

lAXZu14.png

Same as above, but first convert

Try this system :

Armor 

Outfitstudio/File/Set Reference and import your body morph found in Bodyslide's Shape Data .

Outfitstudio/File/import nif and import your body morph found in Bodyslide's Shape Data .

Outfitstudio/File/import nif and import armor if you want converted (Bodyslide file)

Delete body CBBE . Don't apply any reference into armor  ( or, apply them to individual parts if possible , bras are usually not a problem ). ( this is to get around your first problem ).

Export nif and overwrite armor 

Feet /Hand 

Outfitstudio /Import nif / import your body morph Outfitstudio /Import nif / import, file/import your feet . 

Outfitstudio /Import nif / import feet if you want convert Outfitstudio /Import nif / import . You will thus have a body and two types of feet .

Turn off the CBBE feet level, you should find the correspondence of your body morphs (body and feet) .

Delete body morph, delete feet cbbe / export nif and overwrite your feet above the CBBE feet .

Repeat the step with your hands . You will have a total conversion of the body morphs .

Skyrim data folder / meshes / name armor you want to convert and delete all the related nif (armor, boots, gloves)

Bodyslide/Batch build(don't active Build morph) / Select none and search armor that you converted . Select all and build . You should find yourself with all the parts already in place .

EDIT : If you want to apply TBBP, BBP, and / or similar, it can be done later with NifSkope (always to get around your first problem)

• 3 weeks later...

Converting CBBE to UNP etc. using presets is a great thing. But sometimes it's better to do some manual work.

Step 1: open your armor in OS. If there is a body, delete the body (Del in the right menu)
Step 2: Export the mesh as a wavefront (obj) -> right-click in the right menu. Then close OS.
Step 3: open OS again. Load Outfit -> Choose your exported object.
Step 4: Load Reference -> UNP
Step 5: If the position of your mesh (obj) is not correct -> press F for the gizmo and place the mesh correctly
Step 6: Use the brushes for Increase / Decrease and Relax to adjust your mesh to the body (UNP reference)
Step 7: Right click on your mesh (in the right menu) -> Copy Bone Weights
Step 8 - optional: edit the skin if necessary. If necessary, you can see if you scale the bones in the Bone tab (your mesh is selected).
ALT + Brush = decrease Bone Weight
Shift + Brush = Relax Skinn (requires higher values)
Brush = Increas Bone weight

This has to be done separately for each bone.
However, it is usually not necessary for low poly meshes - therefore optional.

Step 9: Save as a project (if the original armor had a body, then with reference).

Step 10: Open the saved Nif (in Bodyslide\ShapeData\YourProjektName) with NifSkope and check BSDismemberInstance - OS should have set it to slot 32 (body).

For vanilla armor, the whole process should take no more than 10 minutes. For beginners maybe 20-30 minutes.

That's all :)