[REQUEST] Can someone build a new location mod in CK?

Hi everyone,

are there modders out there who know their way around in CK and are able to build a small mod for me (for us)?

If you are basically able to build a new house or a player home or even a dungeon in CK then that´s already more than required. It would be out in the open, all we´d need are some walls, trees, a few furniture items, a fountain possibly, not much, I just don´t know how to build this and add this as a new location to the worldspace.

Happy to discuss via PN with anyone willing to help - or if someone can point me to a video "this shows you all you need to know"; then that´d be fine, too.

Thanks, yes, already found a load of videos. By the time time I watched them all, it´ll be 2030, though ?

My main problem here that most videos explain how to build dungeon or the like in it´s own cell and then connect it with a door to the world. Or how to edit the terrain of the landscape. My idea seems to be somewhere inbetween; it would be a location (if you wish) but not enclosed, no roof, no ceiling, no door or loading screen, I would like to place objects directly into the landscape. How would I go about this? Create an own cell anyway, put grass and trees in it and then paste it ontop of the wilderness for example? That doesn´t sound right. The videos which edit the worldspace all talk about editing the terrain with the painting tool. ?

the first and easyest way is to look in skyrim find a place in the map and you begin to build your mod. Load skyrim and the dlcs you need in ck find the place and start building. Don't forget to change the navmeshes at he end or all NPC would run against the walls or other static object.

Many modders don't want to change the vanilla locations and so they place a door amd create the mod in a different cell or worldspace. So, you can do both. It depends on how you want to equip the cell or location.

Making a cell is much easier than making an own world space. An existing cell is duplicated and completely cleared of all objects, including navmeshes. Then you start. The disadvantage of a cell, however, is that it has no floor, so you have to build it from objects. Because there is no soil there is no grass. You can then adjust the cell definition in a few simple steps to get a sky and what climate the cell should have. You have to put a door, somewhere in Skyrim and your cell and adjust the teleport between the doors. Ok then navmeshes and finalising, so that NPC could use the cell. you need a door but it can be an invisible door.

55 minutes ago, Harvald said:

the first and easyest way is to look in skyrim find a place in the map and you begin to build your mod. Load skyrim and the dlcs you need in ck find the place and start building

Thaaaaats exactly why I would like to do, but I didn´t find a video explaining how this is done. Whenever they edit "a place in the map", they show how to use the brush and level the terrain, not how to select objects (walls, trees, a bench, etc.) and place them there. ?‍♂️

A cell, as far as I know, always requires loading into it, wheter with or without visible door. That´s what I am traing to avoid.

On 6/30/2020 at 3:47 PM, Husky1o1 said:

t would be out in the open, all we´d need are some walls, trees, a few furniture items, a fountain possibly, not much,

I don't know exactly what you are looking for but I am currently working on something similar. It consists of 2 locations one right outside Whiterun by the stables. A house (unfinished and inaccessible) with some furniture placed outside all contained inside a stone fence and a stable (of sorts). This first area is intended to be my Dairy Farm for Milk Mod Economy. Then the second being on the road to Rorikstead near Broken Fang Cave consisting of just a couple of tents and a few seats. Each area already has several "action markers" placed and this MOD??? is in no way anywhere near finished.

18 minutes ago, wokking56 said:

I don't know exactly what you are looking for but I am currently working on something similar. It consists of 2 locations one right outside Whiterun by the stables. A house (unfinished and inaccessible) with some furniture placed outside all contained inside a stone fence and a stable (of sorts). This first area is intended to be my Dairy Farm for Milk Mod Economy. Then the second being on the road to Rorikstead near Broken Fang Cave consisting of just a couple of tents and a few seats. Each area already has several "action markers" placed and this MOD??? is in no way anywhere near finished.

Ah, cool, so indeed, you would know how to do what I am trying to do. Sending you a pn,

Thanks for the thought. But I really would like it it to be part of the Tamriel worldspace without loading screens. Doesn´t have to be around Whiterun necessarily.

I´ll figure something out. I can´t be that difficult, right, people do place player homes there and plant trees and whatnot.