Left Brains VS Right Brains

33 members have voted

1. 1. WHICH BRAINER ARE YOU?

• LEFT
    • RIGHT

I would say have to say right brained, you know... because all of the mad creative ideas pumping into my head and my love for music and art. Strangely enough im a scientist though... Hmmm must be my brain's corpus callosum connecting both areas...

I dont really like what the left brain's dominance has done to mankind... it has its good side like the analytical part, but the only way to make advances is by making connections and using imagination. Imagination is the silent responsible of all great discoverings in history, and that kind of imagination befriends math, but is not controlled by them

totally left, except; math is totally illogical for me...

Nonusnomeni, Does the dancer turns anti clockwise to you?

Emily tried to focus really hard it but it keeps moving clockwise on her perception.

That illusion & perception thing is kinda bizzare.

at the contrary to elalquimista, emily wish to see the world on the left brain perception. (at least once)

It's not easy being called strange or eccentric all the time.

@emily

nope; it is absolutely illogical  and preposterous to expect then something mechanical will change behaviour only because you want that

and if someone was made successful autosuggestion  it is only prove then he is very susceptible to make and accept illusions...

question if you are make dancer to change her rotation why do you not make earth to change her rotation?

at the contrary to elalquimista, emily wish to see the world on the left brain perception. (at least once)

At risk of soundig egocentric i was cursed to being smarter than most individuals, (and ive heard it from others so its not just me being egocentric) i said cursed because true sight is a curse when you get to see the world with a different crystal, people often walks away from you, gets intimidated or just feels awkward. But the ability to make connections between hemispheres is one of the characteristics that every single creative mind has had over the time

For example Einstein was a total nutjob according to his comrade scientists when he was young and impopular (just look at his hair), and he certainly loved music

Da Vinci was one of the firts persons to study human anatomy in modern ages since people in greece and he was also one of the greatest artists in history.

Nikola Tesla dared to imagine amogst other things, new forms of energy and all they did was to ignore him and toss him into oblivion for being different

Just ta couple of examples cause i could go on an on telling of how people who has the ability to imagine more, advance further down the barriers of conventional thought and do the unexpected can truly change the world

As for being called strange or eccentric... who the f*ck cares?? people will always be jealous of whats different cause deep down they wish they could be unique too

Left brain perception gives you logic and analysis and they ARE necessary, but reason alone has given a cold mind to people for ages. Cold reason does not feel or care its just cold. Reason without emotion is what dehumanizes society

At risk of soundig egocentric i was cursed to being smarter than most individuals, (and ive heard it from others so its not just me being egocentric) i said cursed because true sight is a curse when you get to see the world with a different crystal, people often walks away from you, gets intimidated or just feels awkward. But the ability to make connections between hemispheres is one of the characteristics that every single creative mind has had over the time

For example Einstein was a total nutjob according to his comrade scientists when he was young and impopular (just look at his hair), and he certainly loved music

Da Vinci was one of the firts persons to study human anatomy in modern ages since people in greece and he was also one of the greatest artists in history.

Nikola Tesla dared to imagine amogst other things, new forms of energy and all they did was to ignore him and toss him into oblivion for being different

Just ta couple of examples cause i could go on an on telling of how people who has the ability to imagine more, advance further down the barriers of conventional thought and do the unexpected can truly change the world

As for being called strange or eccentric... who the f*ck cares?? people will always be jealous of whats different cause deep down they wish they could be unique too

Left brain perception gives you logic and analysis and they ARE necessary, but reason alone has given a cold mind to people for ages. Cold reason does not feel or care its just cold. Reason without emotion is what dehumanizes society

That is not egocentric, atleast not for me. I understand you. People here tend to think I'm a little bit crazy and most of my novels arent appreciated by some readers. But now that I'm about to finish my book, I'll leave some of my craziness to the world, so I can die in peace.

@emily

nope; it is absolutely illogical  and preposterous to expect then something mechanical will change behaviour only because you want that

and if someone was made successful autosuggestion  it is only prove then he is very susceptible to make and accept illusions...

question if you are make dancer to change her rotation why do you not make earth to change her rotation?

That sounds logical.

But now that I'm about to finish my book, I'll leave some of my craziness to the world, so I can die in peace.

Yes, Emily felt that too. Mr.grumpy cat.

As for being called strange or eccentric... who the f*ck cares?? people

will always be jealous of whats different cause deep down they wish they

could be unique too

Emily need to work to impress & gain respect from the meat and potatoes on her workplace.

it's kinda tough at times but rewarding. If only she can tap more left brain powers, perhaps she'll be smarter & less clumsy at the office.

But now that I'm about to finish my book, I'll leave some of my craziness to the world, so I can die in peace.

Now thats the spirit

Im making tne whole spreading the madness thing my own life's personal mission

argh I remember doing this left brain right brain nonsense last semester as part of a class.

Was good fun though as I spent a good 30 minutes debating, or I should say arguing, with my tutor over the actual validity of such a test.  I mean..come on, there is NO such thing as a pure left or pure right brain and I doubt left and right brains even exist..

Now thats the spirit

Im making tne whole spreading the madness thing my own life's personal mission

Count Emily in!

----

OOoooOo, Looks like the [right brain] faction member is growing this is interesting. If only those lurkers could vote for but a few moment.

Which is 'opposite'?

Emily seen it moving clockwise. The rotation are various for each person prespective.

Try relax and gaze the dancer normally. If it moving clockwise then you're right brain person.

If it anti-clock wise Then you're a left brain person.

argh I remember doing this left brain right brain nonsense last semester as part of a class.

Was good fun though as I spent a good 30 minutes debating, or I should say arguing, with my tutor over the actual validity of such a test.  I mean..come on, there is NO such thing as a pure left or pure right brain and I doubt left and right brains even exist..

I have to agree with dweedle on this matters. OP link try to generalise/categorise people into left and right brain group, but, if what the author of the link claimed is true, then there is something very wrong with my brain. I'm a left brain type of a person as the link describe, but I failed terribly at mathematic and even so at art. However, I do enjoy great musics and can play both guitar and piano, like to invent things, and more to visual-oriented type of a person. According to the link, I shouldn't exist because I can't be categorise into any of the group, hell maybe I'm considered as a mutant or some highly evolved frog. To OP, please don't take it to the heart about my incoherent rant.  :P

Some link if anyone wants to read;

http://theness.com/neurologicablog/index.php/more-left-brain-right-brain-nonsense/

Actually, if left-right is only a myth. it'll make emily's life a hell a lot easier than you can imagine.

It Means a lot if she can develop new prespective on her life.

Emily put this topic for better understanding in human perceptions. It's nice to discuss this as group then to study it .. alone. :D

Actually I'm a myth believer back in my younger days. Things about gender, perspective, equality, socio-economy, politics, pseudo informations, and many more that I don't like to discuss in here nor want to elaborately express my opinions; because I always find a way to avoid any conflict and pay no heed to it, well, most of the time (and language restriction, I can't speak or express an opinion in English that fluently). After countless of reading and discussing and arguing and a share fair of dog fights, I come a realisations, some myth are best to leave it be, not worth to discussed with a bunch of adamant lunatics. So yeah, we entitled to anyone opinions but to force our own or their own to us or someone else is plainly stupid and almost impossible to do.

It is actually part myth-part true. You cant define a person entirely as left or right brained, as stated in that article, there is a large bridge between hemispheres called the corpus callossum, that is actually formed of neuronal axons, but lateralization of functions is a reality, depending on use, training and genetics, a person undergoes the process of lateralization around the age of 7, where people define most of the dominances of motor control processes.

But personalty and thought are lateralized in a complete different way. For example you can be right handed and be completely "right brained" in terms of thought (in case anybody doesnt know one hemisphere controls the movement of the opposite half of your body) and you could also see the dancer moving clockwise, because the visual cortex is yet another part of the brain

It is absolutely impossible to have one brain hemisphere alone to be the only responsible for all your existence because if it were so you could only control one half of your body. Futherrmore there are studies telling that some fibers have been discovered that relate one hemisphere with the same part of the body!

The only holistic true is that everything is connected, though evidence of this is only recently beggining to appear. Its not about going full left or full right, its about lateralization. Training of every type of body cell, causes it to evolve into more complex forms, its like lifting wheights, if you would only lift weights with your right arm, you would soon develop a lot of muscle mass in such arm, but it doesnt mean the left arm doesnt have any muscle

Sorry... scientist nerd moment.  :P