Equipable horns like this?

10 minutes ago, Ghoulz said:

Well, don't know how to convert them into equips. Never figured out Skyrim's CK unlike Oblivion's which was simple.

I use a Tera Castanic race that comes with horns and when I was looking for new ones all I did was copy rename the new horn meshes to one of the existing Castanic horn meshes and replace it.

If you have an equipable Horn mod then you should be able to do the same thing. Obviously need to copy over the texture files to whatever location they would install to, get the name of one of your equipable horn meshes (one you like the least) rename the new horn mesh to to this and copy/pasta this mesh into the equipable horns folder, overwriting the original mesh.

16 hours ago, Mez558 said:

I use a Tera Castanic race that comes with horns and when I was looking for new ones all I did was copy rename the new horn meshes to one of the existing Castanic horn meshes and replace it.

If you have an equipable Horn mod then you should be able to do the same thing. Obviously need to copy over the texture files to whatever location they would install to, get the name of one of your equipable horn meshes (one you like the least) rename the new horn mesh to to this and copy/pasta this mesh into the equipable horns folder, overwriting the original mesh.

Game didn't like that. It exploded to desktop upon trying to equip those horns.

46 minutes ago, Ghoulz said:

Game didn't like that. It exploded to desktop upon trying to equip those horns.

Worked ok for me but as I said, I am using a race designed to have horns, albeit not one in the middle of their forehead.

Spoiler

20200621161448_1.jpg.3295adafb86c6baa8ea502ea50c92a09.jpg

Apologies for the neck seam, trying out some of Betterbecause textures but looks like you have to use texture blend to have them match and, afaik, that doesn't work with custom races.

So these are the steps I took, obviously you need to change the location and name of the Mesh appropriately for whatever mod or race you are using for Horns

From the Mod Archive, under Data\Meshes\actors\ronzo\character assets\

I copied ronzohorn01.nif

and pasted it into

Data\Meshes\TeraCastanic Assets\Horns

Where all the TeraCastanic Horn Meshes are.

I created a copy of Castanic_F_Horns09B (as a backup) deleted the original and renamed the mesh I just copy/pasted there (ronzohorn01.nif) to Castanic_F_Horns09B.nif

Back to the Mod Archive, from

Data\textures\actors\ronzo\character    (Yes, it really is actors\ronzo\character and not actors\character\ronzo as you would expect it to be)

I copied

ronzohorn.dds

ronzohorn_n.dds

and created the same location in my Skyrim directory

Data\textures\actors\ronzo\character

Pasting them in there. Start game, open Racemenu, select horn.

I can't see why equipable horns would have a different result, what Horn Mod are you using?

4 minutes ago, Mez558 said:

Worked ok for me but as I said, I am using a race designed to have horns, albeit not one in the middle of their forehead.

So these are the steps I took, obviously you need to change the location and name of the Mesh appropriately for whatever mod or race you are using for Horns

From the Mod Archive, under Data\Meshes\actors\ronzo\character assets\

I copied ronzohorn01.nif

and pasted it into

Data\Meshes\TeraCastanic Assets\Horns

Where all the TeraCastanic Horn Meshes are.

I created a copy of Castanic_F_Horns09B (as a backup) deleted the original and renamed the mesh I just copy/pasted there (ronzohorn01.nif) to Castanic_F_Horns09B.nif

Back to the Mod Archive, from

Data\textures\actors\ronzo\character    (Yes, it really is actors\ronzo\character and not actors\character\ronzo as you would expect it to be)

I copied

ronzohorn.dds

ronzohorn_n.dds

and created the same location in my Skyrim directory

Data\textures\actors\ronzo\character

Pasting them in there. Start game, open Racemenu, select horn.

I can't see why equipable horns would have a different result, what Horn Mod are you using?

I was messing with an equipable mod, not a race.

29 minutes ago, Ghoulz said:

No, of coures that won't work, sorry.

It's worked the other way around ok but no it will not work like this without the mesh being editted.

2 hours ago, Ghoulz said:

I've got it working but I don't know why it is working as the way I understand things it shouldn't be but I am the Lord of Bodging it so...

Spoiler

20200621185017_1.jpg.2f082ef95c47cd101577f047fd6b821f.jpg

20200621185111_1.jpg.10d9fdcf007a120b26507e2ed6217b8d.jpg

4 hours ago, Ghoulz said:

That's the game in a nutshell. I can equip SMP/HDT clothing but a low poly horn causes a CTD.

It's causing CTD because the horns that are designed for RaceMenu are not meant to be equipable items, the can't occupy a bodyslot.

If I actually knew anything about 3d modelling I might be able to fix this but I don't. What I did was combine an equipable mesh from TDN Horns with the Mesh from Ronzo in Outfit Studio. This equipped fine, except I had now had a Tri-Horn mesh. I then went back into OS and removed the orginal Mesh, leaving only the Uni-Horn and amazingly it still worked.

I say amazingly as I can see nothing in the mesh that tells it that it is occupying slot 42 as it should but it still worked.

I did ask what Horn Mod you were using earlier, you didn't answer so I used the first on I found.