[mod] Sexbound SFX "Improvements"

Sexbound SFX "Improvements"

View File

These are simple and personal changes I made to the sound files for the Sexbound mod. (Version 3.14.0)

I made these changes for myself mainly, but if they work out for anyone else, then that is great!

These changes are not meant to imply that SxB is in need of sound improvements, it is merely preference.

Changes

1. Avian Females have new human voice acting.  

2. Avian Males no longer moan.

3. Hylotl Females now share the same voice files as Human Females.

4. Some Male Apex orgasms and one Female Human orgasm was removed because I thought they were annoying.

5. The success ding and bed thud sounds were replaced with less jarring noises. 

6. Cum and Thrusting noises were replaced to sound "Sexier"

No changes effect any custom race voices.

Install

Simply drag the pak file into your mod file folder and have it Replace/Overwrite the existing sexbound mod.

• 4 weeks later...

Many thanks for this!  Way less annoying now, the squelching sounds in particular are much less obtrusive, I can no longer hear npcs climaxing from several screens away, lol.   I had no problem using the unpack utility that comes with the game to extract the mod, and then overwrite the sound files I preferred (I decided to pick and choose).

Unless I missed something, the files in mods\SexBound\sfx\ appear to be the only thing this mod updates, the other files remain unchanged.  Might be nice to offer a zip version with just this folder for those of us who have customized our installs, and so you don't have to keep updating this mod every time SxB comes out with a new version.  Excellent work tho! ?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
3 hours ago, DownbadComrade said:

Does anyone know how to unpack and convert this to a folder based mod? because I unfortunately don't.

You navigate to the Starbound installation folder.

Then to the mods folder inside.

Shift + Rightclick the folder itself (not an entry inside) which should give you the option of "Open Powershell here" or something like that.

Type

..\win32\asset_unpacker.exe ".\<insert mod name>.pak" ".\<insert mod name>"

Execute.

Profit.

1 hour ago, Erina Sugino said:

You navigate to the Starbound installation folder.

Then to the mods folder inside.

Shift + Rightclick the folder itself (not an entry inside) which should give you the option of "Open Powershell here" or something like that.

Type

..\win32\asset_unpacker.exe ".\<insert mod name>.pak" ".\<insert mod name>"

Execute.

Profit.

It worked!

Looking through this and there is a TON of junk in here, not just the sound files like you'd believe there would be.

And also, is it really THIS easy to set up asset replacement stuff like this?

4 minutes ago, DownbadComrade said:

It worked!

Looking through this and there is a TON of junk in here, not just the sound files like you'd believe there would be.

And also, is it really THIS easy to set up asset replacement stuff like this?

As the mod description states, this is an ancient relic from the past where people still believed the best way to edit a mod is to include the whole mod with its edits. So yes, I'd be expecting the entirety of Sexbound in there. Also the reason why this mod is fully incompatible with any other Sexbound version sind its release.

And also, it is much easier to make asset replacements. Just make a folder, put in the assets you want to replace (same filename as the original in the same sub-location as the original, that's important), slap in a _metadata file (templates available everywhere) - bam, mod.

5 minutes ago, Erina Sugino said:

As the mod description states, this is an ancient relic from the past where people still believed the best way to edit a mod is to include the whole mod with its edits. So yes, I'd be expecting the entirety of Sexbound in there. Also the reason why this mod is fully incompatible with any other Sexbound version sind its release.

And also, it is much easier to make asset replacements. Just make a folder, put in the assets you want to replace (same filename as the original in the same sub-location as the original, that's important), slap in a _metadata file (templates available everywhere) - bam, mod.

This does make me wonder if there is theoretically a way to have like, per character voices. Like, imagine in a creation screen you can choose a voicepack for your character (or an NPC).

28 minutes ago, DownbadComrade said:

This does make me wonder if there is theoretically a way to have like, per character voices. Like, imagine in a creation screen you can choose a voicepack for your character (or an NPC).

Possible in general? Absolutely. Possible with any currently available version of Sexbound? No.

• 3 months later...