For anyone still playing with Project Nevada

Delete the Rebalance Complete.esp that comes with Extra Options.

This thing will fuck up your performance hard the more minutes you invest in your gaming session, eventually halving your fps after approximately half a hour due some script fuckery.

I at first thought that my game was suffering from Memory Leaks, but even after actually enabling 4GBLAA, and using the newest version of Tickfix, I still got nasty performance degradation over time. So I did some investigation around other forums and eventually found out, that PN's Rebalance Complete plugin is supposedly notorious for performance problems (though it was never officially addressed on Nexus). And as it turns out after my 2 hour gaming session today, this thing actually was the cause of performance problems.

Just because it's probably worth mentioning. The following tabbed spread sheet has some ideas on alternative individual modules to replace Project Nevada. Not all of them I agree with, but a nice start. Anyway now that the increased number of file handle fix is a thing, (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/68714?tab=description&BH=2 ), FNV can go to the full 253 mods limit - so sex and violence all round. Problem is,  that along with the Tickfix and various other mods, (eg Stewie),  My FNV is now so silky smooth I feel sick playing it. ?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ci3sNT0wcrbjETw4sM7JqlK-zmcjoLqJFSjqhmTjk_0/edit#gid=305467018

18 minutes ago, spoonsinger said:

Just because it's probably worth mentioning. The following spread sheet has some ideas on alternative individual modules to replace Project Nevada. Not all of them I agree with, but a nice start. Anyway now that the increased number of file handle fix is a thing, (https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/68714?tab=description&BH=2 ), FNV can go to the full 253 mods limit - so sex and violence all round. Problem is,  that along with the Tickfix and various other mods, (eg Stewie),  My FNV is now so silky smooth I feel sick playing it. ?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ci3sNT0wcrbjETw4sM7JqlK-zmcjoLqJFSjqhmTjk_0/edit#gid=305467018

Thanks for the list. Some interesting tidbits here and there. The more I read about PN, the more paranoid I get about my mod setup. lol

Another interesting tidbit:

Enabling the "AllowShader3.0" tweak (shaderpackage013.sdp and shaderpackage019.sdp business) will make half of the ENB features not work (Detailed Shadows, Sun Glare, Sun Rays).

So if you for example are trying to get Nightvision working with ENB, and installed the ENB Night Vision fix from Nexus, and it's still not working, the wrong shaderpackage here is the problem.

I've had hours long sessions with Project Nevada and haven't had a hugely negative impact on my performance. Weird. Still using it but over time with more selective features (bullet time, custom experience settings not available anywhere else yet, weight rebalance & a custom loot preset mostly).

Using a custom mix of 2k/4k textures (setting up the lod was a pain) and the only time my frame rate dropped significantly was after visiting a dozen locales so I'm assuming my ram / vram just clogged up because of the games mediocre purge buffer. Last run I had it didn't even choke in Better Angels' big attack.

As far as ENB goes, does it still look like ass? (DoF and MotionBlue are a no-go for me) - Last time I check it still had huge issues with MSAA / FXAA and that's why I'm practically only using its speedhacks and some nvidia inspector magic to make the game look less jagged.

€ I'm also using WCP and unfortunatly this also has PN as a prerequisite. So I'd rather have a fix for the original mod than stand alone reworks, especially since it has a lot of features covered just under one roof and it's also quite customizable, which a lot of other mods don't have.

Unless you could show me a mod that has customizable experience values or customizable loot values per category (ammo, meds, junk etc.), that would be highly appreciated, of course.