Ok, Merged patch vs Batched patch?

Dude500X

Just wondering.. I usually always use a bashed patch, however, after playing alot of Fallout 3 lately I've found merged patches to be excellent.

I am wondering, what do you guys use?  Bashed or Merged? and can both be used at the same time and if so what order to create them?

I always use them both and my game runs pretty stable with that configuration. They do different things, so there shouldn't be any problems. At least I didn't encounter any with FNV (FO3 too). You should first create the merged patch and then the bashed patch. The merged patch gets "bashed" in (Rebuild bashed patch, under "Merge patches") and can even be deactivated afterwards. 

Edit: Oops, thought this was about Fallout. I'm not sure, wether or not the merged patch can/should be deactivated/integrated into the bashed patch for Skyrim. 

Like ToJKa saids Bashed Patched for skyrim sucks. You can pretty much get away with just a Well made Merged Patch with Skyrim. Oblivion and Fallout you could merge your merged patch into your bashed patch making a "Super" Bashed Patch. Sadly pretty much everyone working on Wrye Bash is MIA and Tes4/5/NVEdit is still constantly updated soon Wrye Bash might end up being fazed out if NMM or Edit get forced ini tweaks. I hear Papyrus is a hard program to get a hang of, so not a lot of people are jumping on board for updating it.

If you plan to use both delete the leveled list and container references from your merged patch and let the bashed patch handle them since its good at it.

There is also the fact that Merged Patch will detect all conflicting level lists and merge them, while Wyre Bash can overlook some mods that needs to be merged. This has happened to me at least twice, where Wyre Bash completely ignored some armor mods that altered the level lists. 

There is also the fact that Merged Patch will detect all conflicting level lists and merge them, while Wyre Bash can overlook some mods that needs to be merged. This has happened to me at least twice, where Wyre Bash completely ignored some armor mods that altered the level lists. 

Yes, i always check Bashed patches for previous games with Edit, and there's always something to correct. Still it mostly works very fine, and would be a shame if Skyrim doesn't get fully functional bashing.

Archived