looking for the armor in this screenshot (UV mapping help?)

It's "Slof's female elaborate robe". I think the one in this picture is particularly modified as there's less skin on the ones I've found.

The reason I don't post a link is because I don't know which one still works. Not only is the mod old, it's also been removed from Nexus.  

well if its a Slof mod, i can check their personal site at least.   I'll check now.

edit::  that was definitely it, albeit a less adult version.   The above picture is far more in theme with the original male robes.    Id prefer that version tbh.   if i knew anything about editing meshes id do it myself buuut i don't.

Don't suppose anyone could replicate it?

Well, I remember there's a tool called "Clothing Converter", built to do just that, you can find it and download it from LL.

It's a good tool to have, that way, you can convert body type without having to wait for someone to do it for you. Ofc, you'll have to do some research (it's just the matter of making lattices and letting the program run while you make yourself some tea or smth) but think of the possibilities.

About mesh editing, if you have "Nifskope", you can make basic edits to the mesh (in your case, removing the chest piece). Again, a great tool to have if you plan to accessorize your character (making mash-ups, editing transparency, etc...).

so the clothing converter seemed to work well for the boots and gloves of the outfit but was really screwy with the lower and upper body parts.  lots of stretched jagged edges.

if i was going to venture a guess itd be because it sounds like its more intended for conversions of same 'type' bodies, like HGEC to DRMA, things that use the same textures, or something along those lines, and Roberts to HGEC was just too different, or maybe that the outfit itself just has too much detail, or shape to it.

i guess i'll try poking around nifskope tomorrow, or try again in the morning.   Would still prefer to get help from someone who knows better what theyre doing, but this is passing the time at least.

You know, you can play around with the settings a bit to get different results (the thread I linked is a good place to start figuring out which setting to mess around with). Yes, nothing beats a human in terms of "creating" but trying to get the most out of that tool is probably your best bet now.

so i think i got it to work in the mesh shape department, but the textures still look like it's using Roberts instead of HGEC.   like the armor looks fine but the character textures underneath are wrong.   i'm not sure how to fix this but i'm still trying.

?  If you have HGEC installed how can it use Roberts?

Your textures path in the nif is textures\characters\imperial\female\footfemale.dds   or  textures\characters\imperial\female\handfemale.dds

And NiMaterialProperty is skin

Or does the nif skin parts have wrong UV map ?

You have changed the body/armor with Clothing Converter from Roberts to a HGEC body.

If the body still have the Roberts UV map you can replace the wrong armor body with a real HGEC body with NifSkope.

yeah idk how it happened, cuz im pretty well flying blind.  i tried getting nifskope earlier but their downloads page appeared to be down, i'll see if i can find a source elsewhere and look into it.

appreciate all the replies by the way.

would 'disabling UV search' make this happen?  i did this after i read something that implied it might be what i need to do, but i'll try again without changing this setting to see if this was an error on my part.

** yeah that wasnt it, that just made everything jagged and stretched again.  time to go find a nifskope link that works.

i think this is the issue, i just dont know how to get this HGEC version over to the converted version, though im going to keep trying.

nifskope.png.c742e413265bcae84901bbf339b64d6a.png

apologies for needing to be babysat through this, i just cant find the information anywhere.

You have converted the Roberts armor into a HGEC armor?

Roberts body is the "from" body   and the HGEC body the "to" body.  (maybe HGEC E cup with L Lower)

And the result is a HGEC armor version ? But with Roberts UV map ????

Maybe you upload what you have. The armor nif  and the HGEC body you want to use.

sure, here's what i've got.   from what i can tell, everything but this UV map thing is correct, like the shape is right and all.

oh, and its HGEC C cup w/ BBB and LL lower if that helps.   idc if the BBB works though frankly, as long as it just looks right.

i'm after the GREEN robes in particular but uploaded all of them just in case it helps.

body to convert from -

femaleupperbody.niffemalelowerbody.niffemalehand.niffemalefoot.nif

body to convert to -

femaleupperbody.niffemalelowerbody.niffemalehand.niffemalefoot.nif

armor convert from -

asfemaleelaboraterobetopred.nifasfemaleelaboraterobetoppurple.nifasfemaleelaboraterobetopgreen.nifasfemaleelaboraterobetopblue.nif

asfemaleelaboraterobeskirtred.nifasfemaleelaboraterobeskirtpurple.nifasfemaleelaboraterobeskirtgreen.nifasfemaleelaboraterobeskirtblue.nifasfemaleelaboraterobeglovered.nifasfemaleelaboraterobeglovepurple.nifasfemaleelaboraterobeglovegreen.nifasfemaleelaboraterobegloveblue.nifasfemaleelaboraterobebootred.nifasfemaleelaboraterobebootpurple.nifasfemaleelaboraterobebootgreen.nifasfemaleelaboraterobebootblue.nif

personal results - 

asfemaleelaboraterobetopred.nifasfemaleelaboraterobetoppurple.nifasfemaleelaboraterobetopgreen.nifasfemaleelaboraterobetopblue.nifasfemaleelaboraterobeskirtred.nifasfemaleelaboraterobeskirtpurple.nifasfemaleelaboraterobeskirtgreen.nifasfemaleelaboraterobeskirtblue.nifasfemaleelaboraterobeglovered.nifasfemaleelaboraterobeglovepurple.nifasfemaleelaboraterobeglovegreen.nifasfemaleelaboraterobegloveblue.nifasfemaleelaboraterobebootred.nifasfemaleelaboraterobebootpurple.nifasfemaleelaboraterobebootgreen.nifasfemaleelaboraterobebootblue.nif

Why so many?

If you convert the green version  you can make copies of the result nif and change the textures path to blue, red , ...

Yes your result nif have the Roberts UV map

----------------

And if is better to use from and to  nif with all 4 body parts in one nif.

And you should use a nude Roberts "from" body.  AND your "from" roberts body is not the Roberts body that is used in the armor nif. Use the Armor body!

The body with the white UV grid is the armor body, your roberts "from" body is much thicker.

x6.jpg

And the HGEC body you want ( your "to" body) with your result boot nif. 

x7.jpg

-----------------------

But like I said, I never tried to convert a Roberts body,

Maybe I have some time during the next days and try it.

well i never pretended to know what i was doing.  i dont know if the armor says what roberts female it uses.  i think there is two.  Slof has always been pretty vague on specifics with non-male items.

and theres so many because i thought that was what was required.  ive literally never used these tools before, things that seem obvious to you might not be for me.   for example, assuming i get the green robe working right, i dont know how to set paths for the other colors.  i dont know how to use all 4 parts in 1 nif.

if you decide to try it id be extremely appreciative, i'm just going to do without for now.  might play around and see what i can do but i dont see myself making progress at this point.  i noticed a "padding" option on one of the programs that might help with the boot clipping.

Yes the original  armor nif you posted are Roberts female.

I found a no-nude HGEC version, maybe boots and skirt can be used ( the hands in that version are wrong, still Roberts hands ) Only Blue version  but textures path can be changed

And here the "from" Nif ( the body that is in the armor ) and your HGEC "to"  nif

In both only upper, lower, hand.  The foot is not used in the armor, you do not need it.

FromRoberts.nif

ToHGEC.nif

And the HGEC Boots and skirt  with green textures path.  The ass and legs are a little bit smaller/slimmer than the one you wanted but you can change it with clothing converter.

asfemale_elaboraterobeboot.nif

asfemale_elaboraterobeskirtExnem.nif

---------------------

And how I did it:

I searched a full body armor/clothes (upper, lower, hand and foot in one nif)

I delete all body and armor parts in the nif , with "Remove Branch"  ( only the bones left)

Then I  "Copy Branch" the 3 body parts in that nif

-----------------------

If you have no luck I will try it when I have time.

i'm afraid i don't know what to do with these files.  So the first two are for the conversion 'lattices', right?  and its 3 armor pieces in 1?  So i should take these and use them on the top, bottom and glove armor files of the original mod to convert them to hgec?  if thats right, i should be able to do that.

for the second two, are those ready to put in my meshes folder or do they need to be converted as well?  after renaming to the switched out files.

thanks for your patience with all my questions.

** okay yeah the two bottom files work great, thank you!  i'll see if i can get the others to work now.

*** same issue as before on the top and gloves after trying to use those top two files as lattice files.  for now i'll just wait for you to have some time to try, because i'm not making progress.

Yes the first two files are for the lattice the "from" and "to" nif

And you use the lattice for all 4 Roberts armor nif to convert to HGEC

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

The other two files are  the skirt and boot armor with HGEC body.

But the Lowerbody that is used in this 2 files has smaller ass and slimmer legs than the HGEC body you want to use ( the HGEC body you have uploaded and is in my ToHGEC.nif )

if you don't care you can use them. (   ! remember to rename the nif to asfemaleelaboraterobeskirtgreen.nif and asfemaleelaboraterobebootgreen.nif ! or they will not work with the Mod esp you have )

If you want  YOUR HGEC lowerbody  in the armor files  you have to create a new lattice:

-You create a copy of the asfemale elaboraterobeskirtExnem.nif and put it in the "from" folder.

-You open the copied nif and delete all armor parts ( Block   -  Remove Branch ) until you only have the lowerbody in the nif. Save it.

-In the "to" folder  you put YOUR HGEC lowerbody

-Then you create the lattice

-And then you put the  real asfemale_elaboraterobeskirtExnem and asfemale_elaboraterobeboot  nif in the "Target" folder.

-Now create/convert both nif  and they will have YOUR HGEC lowerbody.

Im perfectly content using these files as boot and lower, tiny differences dont bother me as long as it looks right, and it does.  Thank you for making them.

I made the lattice, and tried converting the top and gloves again but still get the uv map issue so i have to assume im the one doing something wrong, idk.  I'm happy to just wait and see if you decide to try to do it because its getting too frustrating for me.

I dont even care which hgec breast size anymore i just want one that *works* and then i can play around from there.

Some rings are not good, you see skin at a few spots. Most rings are separate parts so you can delete ( Remove Branch ) the rings.

The claws I replaced with already converted Slof's claws from Apachii store.

The Nipple rings and stars I used the original Roberts and moved and scaled in NifSkope.

Added BBB to the corset and nipple rings and stars. ( The HGEC body you uploaded has BBB )

asfemaleelaboraterobeglovegreen.nif

asfemaleelaboraterobetopgreen.nif

Not tested in game ! But some NifSkope tests with animations.

Archived