• 3 months later...

Hi @RomeoZero, love the armor, but the helmet is almost black, while the armor is mettalic, Is there a reason why you did the helmet way darker...? I wish the helmet color would match the armor color :/

I actually much prefer the first version that you made, this one :

TESV_2019_09_26_22_54_21_355.jpg.0c9f065

Is there any link to get this version?

Edited by Helghan
16 hours ago, Helghan said:

Hi @RomeoZero, love the armor, but the helmet is almost black, while the armor is mettalic, Is there a reason why you did the helmet way darker...? I wish the helmet color would match the armor color :/

The armor is set to 1 color data. Armor set is bound to Vertex color flag and its shader by vertex parameters of " 0.498 " 
Perhaps your version has issues in it or the metal mask texture is not working properly ? There can be many variants of bugs for this question.
In NifSkope app tool you can see vertex color data in the Tree -  BSDismember>NiSkinData>VertexData>VertexColors >click on rainbow icon to see the data. (0.498). If it's correct. Also see if Vertex\ color is set in shaders BSTRISHape > Vertex Desc
If I remember you can import the mesh to BodySlide SE and set the right color in its Vertex color slider or Vertex tab ,then export it back.

If helmet has no visual environmental shader and has only specular shine, perhaps the texture (helmet_m.dds) is not present in a folder to render its metalness. 

Edited by RomeoZero
5 hours ago, RomeoZero said:

The armor is set to 1 color data. Armor set is bound to Vertex color flag and its shader by vertex parameters of " 0.498 " 
Perhaps your version has issues in it or the metal mask texture is not working properly ? There can be many variants of bugs for this question.
In NifSkope app tool you can see vertex color data in the Tree -  BSDismember>NiSkinData>VertexData>VertexColors >click on rainbow icon to see the data. (0.498). If it's correct. Also see if Vertex\ color is set in shaders BSTRISHape > Vertex Desc
If I remember you can import the mesh to BodySlide SE and set the right color in its Vertex color slider or Vertex tab ,then export it back.

If helmet has no visual environmental shader and has only specular shine, perhaps the texture (helmet_m.dds) is not present in a folder to render its metalness. 

Thanks, I am going to check this in nifskope !

• 4 months later...

Not sure if I'm doing this right because I suck at manually adding mods, but I'm supposed to unzip and add its data file into SSE's Data file, correct? Tried doing that and the armor nor the weapon appeared in the smithing menu when crafting, even when I have the Steel Smithing perk.

8 hours ago, DarkRaze said:

Not sure if I'm doing this right because I suck at manually adding mods, but I'm supposed to unzip and add its data file into SSE's Data file, correct? Tried doing that and the armor nor the weapon appeared in the smithing menu when crafting, even when I have the Steel Smithing perk.

so u have dwl the SE version and tried to craft it ?

• 2 months later...

So, I have a mod installation including XPMSE, XPMSE Light (overwritten the previous mod), Immersive Weapon Display, and Simple Dual Sheath.

Problem: Goblin Slayer Shield won't register to the back, any other shield works, including modded shields.

I read earlier in the thread that these meshes were run through NIF optimizer and that it can potentially have issues during the conversion to SE. Other than just never using the shield, is there any way to change the mesh so that it works with my mentioned mod installation?

7 hours ago, Linkxp500 said:

So, I have a mod installation including XPMSE, XPMSE Light (overwritten the previous mod), Immersive Weapon Display, and Simple Dual Sheath.

Problem: Goblin Slayer Shield won't register to the back, any other shield works, including modded shields.

I read earlier in the thread that these meshes were run through NIF optimizer and that it can potentially have issues during the conversion to SE. Other than just never using the shield, is there any way to change the mesh so that it works with my mentioned mod installation?

Maybe try just copy paste the GS shield mesh to the one that support Back shields in NIF extension. The attachment to bone node [arm] is written in NIF file as  NiStringExtraData [Shield] . IDK what supported shields has lines written in CK [character>equip slot] and their NIF files to support other slots. Experiment.

21 hours ago, RomeoZero said:

Maybe try just copy paste the GS shield mesh to the one that support Back shields in NIF extension. The attachment to bone node [arm] is written in NIF file as  NiStringExtraData [Shield] . IDK what supported shields has lines written in CK [character>equip slot] and their NIF files to support other slots. Experiment.

I'll likely have to do some comparing between plugins as well, but could you tell me what significance BSFadeNode (Value HelmetGO) and bhkCollisionObject (Target: HelmetGO) might have? The reference GO I assume means Ground Object, is that right?

EDIT: CK says they take the same slot. I'll look into the NIF files again and see what I can come up with. And for the record, these aren't specially made shields. Immersive Weapon Display makes zero edits to shields and requires nothing special from shields themselves. So there's something else I'm missing it seems like.

Edited by Linkxp500
16 hours ago, Linkxp500 said:

I'll likely have to do some comparing between plugins as well, but could you tell me what significance BSFadeNode (Value HelmetGO) and bhkCollisionObject (Target: HelmetGO) might have? The reference GO I assume means Ground Object, is that right?

EDIT: CK says they take the same slot. I'll look into the NIF files again and see what I can come up with. And for the record, these aren't specially made shields. Immersive Weapon Display makes zero edits to shields and requires nothing special from shields themselves. So there's something else I'm missing it seems like.

BSfadeNode is the main node for Ground Collision Objects.  bhkCollisionObject is the collision mesh data ( it can be variable depending of the chosen shape ) 
Just looked at preview files - they have  [AdditionalCMENodes ] json files in which u prob can set data manually

Edited by RomeoZero
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Goths13 said:

great looking mod, ive put all the files in my data folder but cant seem to find it in the additem mod nor crafting menu. i realize this is years late but any help would be appreciated. thanks!

Did you checked ON esp in SkyrimLauncher also ? (Keep in mind there are 2 versions LE and SE, be sure to download the right one, as people sometimes confused by Skyrim Pages)