Is there a mod that allows sims to interact with objects they don’t have a path to?

Here are some things I’ve used bb.moveobjects to do:

1. I put a stereo on top of a bar for the bartender to use.

2. A sim died by being electrocuted by the refrigerator, so I put his urn on top as a memorial.

3. I created a fake “bunk bed” by placing a single bed and then using the 9 key to place a duplicate in the space above it.

In all these cases, sims were unable to interact with the radio, urn, and upper “bunk” bed. When I tried to perform the interaction, the sim would walk as close as they could to the object, but then displayed the “no path” icon (two footprints with a red Ø over them). 

HOWEVER, if I clicked on the top bunk to perform a Wicked Whims sex animation, the sims teleported there and were able to perform the interaction as usual!

Is there any way to allow sims to interact with other objects in the same way, to approach them as close as possible and then use them even though their “path is blocked”?

14 hours ago, exxa said:

Here are some things I’ve used bb.moveobjects to do:

1. I put a stereo on top of a bar for the bartender to use.

2. A sim died by being electrocuted by the refrigerator, so I put his urn on top as a memorial.

3. I created a fake “bunk bed” by placing a single bed and then using the 9 key to place a duplicate in the space above it.

In all these cases, sims were unable to interact with the radio, urn, and upper “bunk” bed. When I tried to perform the interaction, the sim would walk as close as they could to the object, but then displayed the “no path” icon (two footprints with a red Ø over them). 

HOWEVER, if I clicked on the top bunk to perform a Wicked Whims sex animation, the sims teleported there and were able to perform the interaction as usual!

Is there any way to allow sims to interact with other objects in the same way, to approach them as close as possible and then use them even though their “path is blocked”?

No, because the AI pathing in Sims 4 is utter trash and if anything and I mean anything gets in their way or they don't have a clear path, then they will get stuck. Objects have to be within the green tile grid (either by being on the floor or wall with absolutely no obstructions) for Sims to use them. 

WW only works on the elevated bed because WW teleports the Sims into the starting position for the animation.

Technically it may be possible to intercept the 'no path' message and teleport the sim to the desired target. Anyhow if the sim is floating or below 0 to perform the animation it will look strange. And of course  the sim would be stuck there and need another teleport to get away.

Archived