Can someone explain to me what the hell is going on in Crysis 2?

Right, so I made a conscious decision not to replay the original Crysis and Warhead expansion before playing Crysis 2, even though its been a few years since I last played, and it would have given me a better understanding of the story. Time is a scarce commodity for me these days, so I just couldn't afford it - the games were long (which I like) but like I said, couldn't do it.

Anyway, its not like I don't remember what happened. North Koreans in Island, archaeologist expedition, aliens, US gets involved, aliens go mental, war breaks out, epic battles and nuclear bombardment of island ensues... the end.

Now, I start Crysis 2. OK, I'm in a sub. There is some sort of pandemic going on. Right, probably aliens, but this isn't made explicit in the intro. OK, I have to rescue someone, from something. Whoah, attacked by something, evacuate the sub! Evacuate the sub! Oh, why is New York being attacked? Nobody briefed me on this. What the hell is that! OMG a flying alien of doom! Run... saved by Prophet, commits suicide, I get suit. So I find have to find Gould, OK. But who are these guys in weird armour? Why are they stopping me? Guys, there's an alien invasion going on, don't you think we should be working together! GODAMN STOP SHOOTING AT ME! The same government that pays for my suit pays for those BULLETS YOU'RE SPEWING AT ME! Why do you HATE ME!!!??

*rant over* 

Seriously though, WTF? I'm literally just dropped into New York with no exposition whatsoever. Has this war with the Aliens being going on for a while now (I assume so, why was the statue of Liberty attacked?) or is it JUST happening? Who are these guys fighting against me? Does my marine contingent not know about them AND the Aliens?

Honestly, this intro is just one, disjointed, undisciplined mess. All it says is there is some sort of virus, I have to rescue a Gould (from what it is never revealed) and then that's it. Oh, don't mind the Aliens, and the other guys trying to kill you. Yeah, ignore them. I mean, what? WTF IS GOING ON?

Right, so I made a conscious decision not to replay the original Crysis and Warhead expansion before playing Crysis 2, even though its been a few years since I last played, and it would have given me a better understanding of the story. Time is a scarce commodity for me these days, so I just couldn't afford it - the games were long (which I like) but like I said, couldn't do it.

Anyway, its not like I don't remember what happened. North Koreans in Island, archaeologist expedition, aliens, US gets involved, aliens go mental, war breaks out, epic battles and nuclear bombardment of island ensues... the end.

Now, I start Crysis 2. OK, I'm in a sub. There is some sort of pandemic going on. Right, probably aliens, but this isn't made explicit in the intro. OK, I have to rescue someone, from something. Whoah, attacked by something, evacuate the sub! Evacuate the sub! Oh, why is New York being attacked? Nobody briefed me on this. What the hell is that! OMG a flying alien of doom! Run... saved by Prophet, commits suicide, I get suit. So I find have to find Gould, OK. But who are these guys in weird armour? Why are they stopping me? Guys, there's an alien invasion going on, don't you think we should be working together! GODAMN STOP SHOOTING AT ME! The same government that pays for my suit pays for those BULLETS YOU'RE SPEWING AT ME! Why do you HATE ME!!!??

*rant over* 

Seriously though, WTF? I'm literally just dropped into New York with no exposition whatsoever. Has this war with the Aliens being going on for a while now (I assume so, why was the statue of Liberty attacked?) or is it JUST happening? Who are these guys fighting against me? Does my marine contingent not know about them AND the Aliens?

Honestly, this intro is just one, disjointed, undisciplined mess. All it says is there is some sort of virus, I have to rescue a Gould (from what it is never revealed) and then that's it. Oh, don't mind the Aliens, and the other guys trying to kill you. Yeah, ignore them. I mean, what? WTF IS GOING ON?

Ya they don't really tell you much. Basically what I gather is Prophet was infected with the virus that was infecting Manhattan, and he was dying so he gave the suit to Alkatraz so that he could continue on to extracting Gould, who knows a way to combat the aliens. CELL were after Prophet because they thought he was a biological hazard, which is why they chase you throughout the game. CELL is different than the US Marines, who come into the story later on and are allied with you. CELL is commanded by Lockhart, who is the one trying to catch you throughout the game. Later on you meet Hargrieve (sort of) who explains most of this and what the purpose of the Nano-Suit is and how it was created, etc. Through him and Gould you uncover what the hell is going on.

I agree that it's a little disjointed and kinda all over the place, but I didn't mind the story of this game it was pretty good. The one thing that bothers me though is that the aliens are now more humanoid like, while in Crysis 1 they were just mechanical robot octopus things. it makes me wonder why they purposefully made themselves weaker than they were initially. I mean before you had to use a full clip from a machinegun to take them down. Now, you can just walk up to them and stab them in the throat.

Guest Lady Luck

are you surprised  crysis 2 is prequel to crysis 1 north korea invaded, crysis 3  is sequel to warhead its kinda confusing

an actual order on crysis

- Crysis 2

- crysis 1

- crysis warhead

- crysis 3

i dont think its a prequel. in crysis 2 Prophet dies. He's the leader of the team that is sent to the island in Crysis 1.

spoiler alert.

also, they explain what happend to him and how he got sick after he get to the island at the end of crysis 1.

are you surprised  crysis 2 is prequel to crysis 1 north korea invaded, crysis 3  is sequel to warhead its kinda confusing

an actual order on crysis

- Crysis 2

- crysis 1

- crysis warhead

- crysis 3

I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

Crysis 2 is not a prequel.

Guest Lady Luck

http://www.vg247.com/2011/03/21/crysis-2-story-bridged-by-prequel-comic-mini-series/

source

if crysis 2 has prequel and mini - bridge story then it's related with crysis 1 and 3  becuase warhead was in the middle you can't just say crysis 2 is sequel because that's pick up way before this shit happens if we fighting the same enemy then it would be same story made sense to you? , plus crysis do need story consistenty that game its only game that i want to play with story driven fps not just like cod crap.. with stupid story.

oh thats a comic prequel  to crysis 2. tolds the story of what happend beetween crysis 1 and 2. exactly what the chancellor is looking for.

i already played crysis 2 and saw the ending. of course a third part is necessary to clarify some of the gaps left in Cry2.

the comics are just additional content wich in fact its included in the game, but its showed and exaplained during the playthrought.

Guest Lady Luck

Yeah so many   people think crysis 2  is sequel when its really prequel because at the time north korea still not invading the island it was different enemy , if you really want proof there's your proof go buy comic book first before you say stuff u regret.

Guest Lady Luck

idk what prophet really is , lol because he died damn , without prophet the sequel is never be the same ,  cant wait for crysis 3 though i said they finally add some awesome weapon upgrade system on that game V_V that game  make me drool so hard , its good on the trailers and good on the game almost like you can fap the whole game XD

well it will be released next week. unluckily i dont have enought cash. i did a terrible mistake preordering Aliens colonial bullcrap. The game is shit, so now im grumpier than ever.

Oct-31v2-625x468.jpg

I saw Angryjoe's video about it and I was thinking of getting it. Thank god I didn't lol :D

dont even think about it... it looks like a 2003-2004 game and sucks alien shit.

well it will be released next week. unluckily i dont have enought cash. i did a terrible mistake preordering Aliens colonial bullcrap. The game is shit, so now im grumpier than ever.

I saw Angryjoe's video about it and I was thinking of getting it. Thank god I didn't lol :D

That review was fantastic. I love Angry Joe, I'm so glad  I found his channel.

Hehe, kinda surprised Colonial turned out shit...ah well, there's some games you just can't win...no matter what it is...*Looks at DNF*

Anyway, Crysis 3 being released soon kinda took me by surprise, same with Dead Space 3, hadn't heard anything about either's release date...hope my my laptop can run it to a reasonable extent...granted I waited a bit until I got Crysis 2, which I got for $50, which is a good price...in Australia anyway...

Hehe, kinda surprised Colonial turned out shit...ah well, there's some games you just can't win...no matter what it is...*Looks at DNF*

Anyway, Crysis 3 being released soon kinda took me by surprise, same with Dead Space 3, hadn't heard anything about either's release date...hope my my laptop can run it to a reasonable extent...granted I waited a bit until I got Crysis 2, which I got for $50, which is a good price...in Australia anyway...

Oh that's why it is top seller in UK?

I'm talking about ACM

Sorry for off topic but my bad side won.

Oh that's why it is top seller in UK?

I'm talking about ACM

Sorry for off topic but my bad side won.

then uk's have bad taste.

dont let other get an idea for a game, get your own opinion by playing it. but beleive me, ACM its surely a shit. i preordered it and luckily i was able to sell it yesterday. now to get some more money and hope crysis 3 will be good.