[mod] Chanfana x MaliBody

Chanfana x MaliBody

My gendered textures adapted to work with MaliBody (Steam)

These files do nothing on their own! You need MaliBody for anything to show up!

How to use:

- Make a local copy of MaliBody (if you don't know how, Google is your friend)

- Open the folder

- Copy what's inside this mod (About and Textures folder) and paste it into MaliBody. You should get a file replacement message, say yes.

- Don't forget to activate the mod called Chanfana x MaliBody

You're done.

Thank you to Malistaticy for finding a work-around in 1.1 for gendered bodies and letting me make a replacement mod for it.

So, little heads up since i saw no notice of this in here;

Facial Stuff prevents this mod structure (Gendered bodies for humans) from working. It's a shame, and it's shitty, until someone makes a update for FS to accommodate this, it won't work with Facial Stuff installed, sadly.

Also, any plans to make the cross-gender bodies? As in, Female-male and Male-female?

As far as I know my tribal clothes can't be used here. At least not like they were used in GD.
You can still use the general vanilla replacement pack, but of course those won't be properly gendered.

I don't plan to make any more textures right now. I just adapted this real quick on request.

For the record, my mod is just a bunch of png files, no code. It's not my place to answer issues relating to how MaliBodies work. If you have any problem with the way the mod is working, I'm not the person who can help you.

In any case, why do you expect alien races to be replaced too? MaliBodies afaik is made to replace vanilla humans, and it's doing precisely that, nothing else.
Alien races are separate mods with their own textures and specific coding. One would need to make specific replacement mods for each race for anything to happen.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
On 3/12/2020 at 7:43 PM, Chanfana said:

As far as I know my tribal clothes can't be used here. At least not like they were used in GD.

I spend a few hours looking into it and it seems to be the case. I would recommend maybe asking HAR to add a `<useGenderedApparel>true</useGenderedApparel>` tag. It is not so hard to implement and there are several projects which would make use of this.

One other solution is splitting tribalwear into gendered versions, 'tribalwear (male)' and 'tribalwear (female)'. With this no other mods are required, just core 1.1+. The big disadvantage is you need to specify default textures for a pawns wearing the incorrect clothing, male wearing the female tribalwear and vis versa.

I tried it out, it works okayish. Screenshot using base textures: https://i.imgur.com/FYoAOM3.png (Should work in 1.2, I just tested in 1.1)

I also tried porting the textures to UnderWhere as loinclothes/chestwraps with mixed results. Main issue is the body textures have much longer legs so panties/boxers won't sit properly.

ChanfanaTribalApparel.zip

• 1 month later...

I appreciate the messages left here, just stating for the record I don't plan to do anything else mod-wise. I personally wanted a very simple texture replacement to make the game more visually appealing to me and decided to share it while I was at it. I don't want to branch out and maintain several mods - I don't have the time or inclination for that. I'm sorry if that's a disappointment, but this really has run its course for me. I just pop-in when Rimworld updates because I feel that's the least I can do for my little mod, considering how many people seem to like it.

I think I mentioned this before elsewhere, but anyone is free to take my textures and use them in their mod or some kind of mod adaption, now and in the future - no need to ask, just credit me somewhere. Modification of any sort using these as base is also allowed.

• 1 year later...

Hi,

I understand that you are not very active around this forum (at the time of writting this the last seen was in September) and that you are not interested in branching out, but since the Malibody was updated adding a few new variants like female with penis and male without penis, it would be great if you could update this mod to fit that gap.

• 1 month later...

Hi due to insomnia i had a little to much time so i made a little edit of Chanfana's bodies for malibody.

Chanfana if you want you can take it as you own and repost it as you want.

edit : Just to let you know : for some reason female south texture is only 384X384 px while all others are 640X640 px.

edit : just a little fix for the female hulk east.

Chanfanas_bodies_for_malibody_edit 1.1.zip

Edited by vulpes14
file version change