Jump to content
IGNORED

Where are animation tags? -modding, SL


Recommended Posts

If I wanted to take a 3 stage animation, and just use the 1st stage to make a shortened version of it, how do I add the animation tags?

I have the hkx files, I know how to run FNIS for modders. I think I can figure out that much. I just don't see where or how to add the tags.

I use SLAL and I can see that has a way to manipulate tags, but what if someone who installs my mod doesn't use SLAL? I know that SLATE can add/remove tags, but that means they have to have SLATE and know how to use it. Same with Apropos. I think I've missed something somewhere.

 

Thanks for any help

ChaJaPa

 

Link to comment

Thread.SetHook("Example")  

RegisterForModEvent("HookAnimationEnd_Example", "myAnimStageEndEventHandler")

 

 Event myAnimStageEndEventHandler(int tid, bool HasPlayer)                     <-- This function we registered for will trigger automatically #
    ;ends the wholeAnimation
 EndEvent              

Link to comment

If you want to do it without coding, one thing I know is that maybe you can make your own SLAL package, using existing hkx files.

 

in the FNIS file, you can do this:

 

s -k animEventName ..\thepathToTheOriginalAnimation\TheOriginalHKX.hkx

 

-k means using existing animation files. So you won't need to copy them.

 

But you'll still need to learn modding for FNIS and SLAL( If you are not capable to do it currently).

Link to comment
12 minutes ago, huanrenfeng said:

I want to ask this question too. But I think the stage is not related to the tags.

I understand that the stage is not related to the tags. I'm looking for how to add like... MF, Breastfeeding tags.

Link to comment
4 minutes ago, huanrenfeng said:

If you want to do it without coding, one thing I know is that maybe you can make your own SLAL package, using existing hkx files.

 

in the FNIS file, you can do this:

 

s -k animEventName ..\thepathToTheOriginalAnimation\TheOriginalHKX.hkx

 

-k means using existing animation files. So you won't need to copy them.

 

But you'll still need to learn modding for FNIS and SLAL( If you are not capable to do it currently).

Not everyone has SLAL installed.

Is it possible to use that FNIS line pointing to an existing animation, but have it only play the first stage and then exit?
The animation I'm looking at is a stock sexlab animation. So everyone with sexlab already has it. I just want to shorten it by only running the first stage

 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, chajapa said:

Is it possible to use that FNIS line pointing to an existing animation, but have it only play the first stage and then exit?
T

Possible. You can play it by your self without using SexLab. But if you want to use SexLab to play the animation, and don't want to use SLAL, then you need to register the animations in the scripts by yourself.

Link to comment

Sexlab in sslAnimationDefaults script where all animations ID, positions, stages, tags etc is stored. You can edit it and recompile it with CK than toggle the sexlab reset animations registry.

 

SLAL in theanimpackname.txt (data/slanims/source) which generated into theanimpackname.json so SLAL can read it than register them into sexlab. For quick edit like changing/adding/removing tags it's the json file is the one you want, use notepad++ or similar program to open it. Any changes also can be made while the game is active, SLAL will instantly see the changes in game. But i'm talking about tags here, idk with IDs, stages, position, etc. A lot people having save bloating with SLAL, so better safe than sorry.

 

What about Sexlab Tools ? believe it has function to mix animations

 

FNIS can't point into certain stages unless you made your own brand new anim set : Having your own folder in animations dir with no hkx files containing only FNIS parameter say :

' Leito_69
s -AVbHumanoidFootIKDisable Leito_69_A1_S1 leito_69_a1_s1.hkx
+ -AVbHumanoidFootIKDisable Leito_69_A1_S5 leito_69_a1_s5.hkx
s -AVbHumanoidFootIKDisable Leito_69_A2_S1 leito_69_a2_s1.hkx
+ -AVbHumanoidFootIKDisable Leito_69_A2_S5 leito_69_a2_s5.hkx 

forgot what FNIS parameter for taking animations from another animations pack, something like adding the targer folder dir into parameter. I think nazotonoko did that with his SLAL pack to animations from Tropical island. 

 

And that is just "blending" your animations into master behavior not setting them up for ready to go, Ashal Sexlab and Rydin NSAP did that with those complex scripting and i don't even know how ORXX did with his SLAL, not mentioning Josh AP and CEO OSEX.

 

imo, SLAL is the best option, it easy once you get the hang of it.

Link to comment
30 minutes ago, anubis said:

Sexlab in sslAnimationDefaults script where all animations ID, positions, stages, tags etc is stored. You can edit it and recompile it with CK than toggle the sexlab reset animations registry.

 

SLAL in theanimpackname.txt (data/slanims/source) which generated into theanimpackname.json so SLAL can read it than register them into sexlab. For quick edit like changing/adding/removing tags it's the json file is the one you want, use notepad++ or similar program to open it. Any changes also can be made while the game is active, SLAL will instantly see the changes in game. But i'm talking about tags here, idk with IDs, stages, position, etc. A lot people having save bloating with SLAL, so better safe than sorry.

 

What about Sexlab Tools ? believe it has function to mix animations

 

FNIS can't point into certain stages unless you made your own brand new anim set : Having your own folder in animations dir with no hkx files containing only FNIS parameter say :


' Leito_69
s -AVbHumanoidFootIKDisable Leito_69_A1_S1 leito_69_a1_s1.hkx
+ -AVbHumanoidFootIKDisable Leito_69_A1_S5 leito_69_a1_s5.hkx
s -AVbHumanoidFootIKDisable Leito_69_A2_S1 leito_69_a2_s1.hkx
+ -AVbHumanoidFootIKDisable Leito_69_A2_S5 leito_69_a2_s5.hkx 

forgot what FNIS parameter for taking animations from another animations pack, something like adding the targer folder dir into parameter. I think nazotonoko did that with his SLAL pack to animations from Tropical island. 

 

And that is just "blending" your animations into master behavior not setting them up for ready to go, Ashal Sexlab and Rydin NSAP did that with those complex scripting and i don't even know how ORXX did with his SLAL, not mentioning Josh AP and CEO OSEX.

 

imo, SLAL is the best option, it easy once you get the hang of it.

In my mod I already have an animations folder, but right now it's only being used for some poses by a single NPC. Have not done a paired animation, but I believe I can figure that out by reading the documentation. Not having the tags is where I'm stuck. I was trying to figure out how to do this more or less universally, without the user needing to have SLAL. It seems there is no easy way to just attach tags to an animation and still keep it within my own mod.
SL Tools can create animations, but then I believe the user needs SL Tools installed to be able to use them. Or maybe even has to recreate them themselves.
I may end up doing this with SLAL and those that have it will see the intended shorter animations, while the ones without it would get the longer animations.

Just need to decide how badly I want those shorter animations and if it's worth the effort to try to make them.

 

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...