Merging Mods

• 3 weeks later...

If youre doing a simple merge, like combining weapon or armor mods to reduce your mod list, use plugin. If youre doing something like patching a quest mod, use edit.

ElvenScoundrel thanks for posting this I had the same question... yea for searching the site for info I need.. Amazing what great things you can find with a little patience. ..

I have been reading. .. a very dangerious thing.. seriously dangerious... :P I tend to get myelf in trouble this way.

Correct me if I am confused or missguided or even just plain wrong...

You use the plugin one for clothing, armor simple items in the world (objects) because the program can reassign the necessary id if there are confiicts. and the edit because you cannot allow the random reassignment of the mods because there might be scripts or other dependancies looking to the original ids and such and changing anything can break parts of the merged mod or cause problems. The edit is more advanced and allows you to go into and see potential changes and manualy work the needed changes and repair various issues that will occur. This is needed when you are dealing with more complex actions as opposed to simple renaming of an object. :huh:

You use the plugin one for clothing, armor simple items in the world (objects) because the program can reassign the necessary id if there are confiicts. and the edit because you cannot allow the random reassignment of the mods because there might be scripts or other dependancies looking to the original ids and such and changing anything can break parts of the merged mod or cause problems. The edit is more advanced and allows you to go into and see potential changes and manualy work the needed changes and repair various issues that will occur. This is needed when you are dealing with more complex actions as opposed to simple renaming of an object. :huh:

Thats exactly right. 

Thats exactly right. 

Cool.....

Do you have some links which can help shed light (tutoral ) on how to use either or both of these programs in a clear concise manner?

How about some other members reading this post with experience using these programs. Surley you have used some tutorals. Mind posting them? (links)

Archived