[SOLVED] Armor Slides For Multiple Body Presets

Just out of curiosity, could it actually be possible to have armor bodyslides (0 and 100 weights) for two different body presets, e.g UNPB and UNPetite, for all armors?

Normally what I end up doing is dividing my armors between the two presets or doing one at 0 and one at 100 and have to spend time in the console to set npc weights while having neck issues.

2 hours ago, krimsonxg said:

Just out of curiosity, could it actually be possible to have armor bodyslides (0 and 100 weights) for two different body presets, e.g UNPB and UNPetite, for all armors?

It wouldn't be that hard if there was a race difference.

You could do what they do for helmets and have different armor addon records for the different races that pointed toward a different nif which could be the same outfit with a different bodyslide setting... 

On 3/4/2020 at 2:38 PM, Corsayr said:

It wouldn't be that hard if there was a race difference.

You could do what they do for helmets and have different armor addon records for the different races that pointed toward a different nif which could be the same outfit with a different bodyslide setting... 

For what I'm trying to do, there actually is a race difference.

As for actually setting it up is something that is not in my experience currently. I'm sure over time I could figure it out and do it, I just have way too many armors that I would want to do it to.

It is good to know that it is probably possible.

3 minutes ago, krimsonxg said:

For what I'm trying to do, there actually is a race difference.

As for actually setting it up is something that is not in my experience currently. I'm sure over time I could figure it out and do it, I just have way too many armors that I would want to do it to.

It is good to know that it is probably possible.

Look at how imperial armor gauntlets work for beast races, and that is a pattern you can use.  Another part to look at is under the race record for "armor race", which determines which overall armor types to use for that race.

34 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

Look at how imperial armor gauntlets work for beast races, and that is a pattern you can use.  Another part to look at is under the race record for "armor race", which determines which overall armor types to use for that race.

Looks like I'm going to have to learn how to use the CK properly to do this...fun.

Thanks for the assistance.

Create the ArmorAddon records you need for the races you want to control. Making sure to active only the races you want on the ArmorAA records you want them on. This allows you to point to a different NIF file.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.9d6216ec5595f4447fe3d3622d9b2aae.png

Then go into the Armor record like in this Dwarven helm and set up the multiple ArmorAddon records

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.55d09a5f6d0c88e87028c023fcd47a7b.png

2 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Create the ArmorAddon records you need for the races you want to control. Making sure to active only the races you want on the ArmorAA records you want them on. This allows you to point to a different NIF file.

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.9d6216ec5595f4447fe3d3622d9b2aae.png

Then go into the Armor record like in this Dwarven helm and set up the multiple ArmorAddon records

Hide contents

image.thumb.png.55d09a5f6d0c88e87028c023fcd47a7b.png

Oh excellent TESEDIT can be used, that makes me happier.

The race i'm using is one added by a mod so I assume that I will need to load that in as well.

From what I'm getting is that in all the armors I need to create a new armor addon for the race from the mod, then in the armor section and direct it to a folder that contains the altered model files for the specific body they use.

It may sound like I got this down pat but I can guarantee I will screw up atleast 3 times before I get it.

Thanks for the instructions.

23 hours ago, Corsayr said:

Alright, so I think I'm missing something or doing something wrong.

Since the race I was wanting to use was one added by a mod, I added the race mod as a Master to the armor mod to get the race as an option. I then copied 1 piece of the armor and pasted it as a new ArmorAddon record, changed the name and redirected everything to the new nifs (I used something to make it obvious if it worked). I then went over to the Armor records and added a new "Armature" record for the new "ArmorAddon" . However loading into the game and having a npc of the custom race wear said armor piece, nothing changes and it is still calling the original nif.

EDIT: Nvm, I figured it out. Apparently you have to move the new "Armature" record above the original then it will work. Having the new "Armature" record below the original just makes the race use the original meshes.

Archived