[Solved] Is it possible to allow spells to do sneak attack damage with just vanilla scripts?

Darkpig

As it says in the title Is it possible to allow spells to critical hit when sneaking without using scripts outside core vanilla Skyrim? If so then how would I go about it? Kind of an odd request I know but most mods of this kind either comes in the form of an McM which I'm sick of using or are incompatible with my other mods.

30 minutes ago, Darkpig said:

As it says in the title Is it possible to allow spells to critical hit when sneaking without using scripts outside core vanilla Skyrim? If so then how would I go about it? Kind of an odd request I know but most mods of this kind either comes in the form of an McM which I'm sick of using or are incompatible with my other mods.

Isn't there some alchemy effect to fortify critical chance? maybe you can add this effect to the actor via perk or ability?

9 minutes ago, Roggvir said:

Isn't there some alchemy effect to fortify critical chance? maybe you can add this effect to the actor via perk or ability?

I'm not aware of any alchemy effect that increases critical chance. I'll check just to be safe.

Lost Grimoire is a mod I'm using and when I went looking for the Nexus link for the "what's the best magic overhaul" thread I saw the line about " Destruction spells now also get sneak-attack bonuses " so that might be doing the effect I mentioned in that thread as well.

It also features some silent spells that might have similar extra bonuses and they might give you an idea on how to add stealth effects.  Spellmaking is one thing I haven't quite gotten yet in TES V.

16 hours ago, karlpaws said:

Lost Grimoire is a mod I'm using and when I went looking for the Nexus link for the "what's the best magic overhaul" thread I saw the line about " Destruction spells now also get sneak-attack bonuses " so that might be doing the effect I mentioned in that thread as well.

It also features some silent spells that might have similar extra bonuses and they might give you an idea on how to add stealth effects.  Spellmaking is one thing I haven't quite gotten yet in TES V.

So it turns out that with both Lost Grimoire and Vokrii have this perk that allow spells to have a sneak attack bonus but not a sneak attack critical which totally sucks. If there was a way to allow spells to have a sneak attack critical that would be great. Unfortunately there is no way I know of that I can get that sneak attack critical. I tried using the Deadly Aim perk in the vanilla Skyrim to include spells but it just crashed when I tried it.

Making them silent is easy relatively speaking. Just go along to effects, look for the effect for that spell you want, and you will find that an effect is either silent, normal, loud or very loud. Change it to silent and you have a ninja spell. Isn't there already a vanilla perk that does this already though?

4 hours ago, Darkpig said:

So it turns out that with both Lost Grimoire and Vokrii have this perk that allow spells to have a sneak attack bonus but not a sneak attack critical which totally sucks. If there was a way to allow spells to have a sneak attack critical that would be great. Unfortunately there is no way I know of that I can get that sneak attack critical. I tried using the Deadly Aim perk in the vanilla Skyrim to include spells but it just crashed when I tried it.

Making them silent is easy relatively speaking. Just go along to effects, look for the effect for that spell you want, and you will find that an effect is either silent, normal, loud or very loud. Change it to silent and you have a ninja spell. Isn't there already a vanilla perk that does this already though?

Yes, Quiet Casting in the Illusion tree... think its around level 40. I tend to get it when I'm doing any sort of magic build because I love using fury spells.  Can cause problems casting from far enough away they don't notice when I miss, but that only lasts till I hit and then they get ... distracted.  Hitting other people in the resultant melee isn't as noticable.  Then you get quiet casting and it become easier, because you can cast closer.  Down side is you can't .. or its harder to, draw baddies out of patrol patterns by casting and missing intentionally, getting them to chase the impact like a cat after a laser pointer.

58 minutes ago, karlpaws said:

Yes, Quiet Casting in the Illusion tree... think its around level 40. I tend to get it when I'm doing any sort of magic build because I love using fury spells.  Can cause problems casting from far enough away they don't notice when I miss, but that only lasts till I hit and then they get ... distracted.  Hitting other people in the resultant melee isn't as noticable.  Then you get quiet casting and it become easier, because you can cast closer.  Down side is you can't .. or its harder to, draw baddies out of patrol patterns by casting and missing intentionally, getting them to chase the impact like a cat after a laser pointer.

Always figured that was because of the bad AI

• 2 weeks later...

To be honest I wanted to it to be something similar to the Spell Sneak Attack mod but less of a papyrus hog. I didn't get the answer I was hoping for but still I managed to make something that multiplies the damage on unsuspecting targets using spells thanks to mods such as Vokrii and Lost Grimoire. This should make stealth spell casting a bit more viable with say 100 times the damage.

And of course thank you

Karlpaws

&

Roggvir 

Archived