KW bad woohoo or no option

jk2705

I installed KW and the recommended animations as directed and it seems to run fine some of the time, but my character always seems to have bad sex... does she need to learn? Will she get better over time?

Also, my character is in a relationship with someone, but none of the woohoo options are available for them under the kinky tab... like ever. She was able to use them with a call girl twice and then they disappeared.... is this also something that will come and go? will they ever be there? clearly they work because I have used them in the game, but i can't seem to use them with the sim she is in a relationship with.... any ideas? 

Sorry, I am new to all this and may have missed something about how it all plays out in the game.

Thanks in advance.

The'bad sex' is easy to explain: everything is working as intended. To keep KW from being a mindless sex simulator, Oniki added little script hooks that use existing game mechanics. As a characters woohoo skill increases, they will give a better experience to the sexual partner. Problem is Sims 3 default mechanics. Explanation - a sim with say lvl 7 woohoo can still give a 'bad' moodlet to someone with a skill of 10 for example. Yes, sims are spoiled bitches....

As far as menu options not showing up - this one could be many things. Since the options were there at one time but not 'now', it depends on your 'commitment' to this character.

If truely borked, then using a form of cloning, copy in CAS, etc. may be needed to keep the apperance of the original sim while replacing the offending sim save and the problem it seems afflicted with. If you have Master Controller this will be doable. You can edit everything needed to carry on - relationships and level, pretty much everything except certain game play history.

Using Nraas Saver allows me to save the game in 4 rotating 'slot's every 1/2 hour (can set however you want) and if I have a problem like this I can check an earlier save to see if I can continue play before whatever it was broke....

KW also has tracking of a character's mood, which changes over time (that'd be the "Arousal Gain Multiplier" in general settings) so if a sim isn't "in the mood", I think, some options aren't there.  Also it's gotta have some checks (but don't know for certain) as to whether a sim has certain traits or not.  Example: if your sim hasn't read (all or part of) "Let 'em Look", then their Exhibition skills will be non-existent and some options not available (like the 'Kinky' menu on computers, which is there for some of my sims, but not all, although that might also be connected to the voyeur trait...)

I keep every save, found NRaas Saver to be a lifesaver (no pun... ok small pun... intended).  Tried an hour, game kept crashing.  30 mins real time is good.  But I've had to increase number (and I put the date in the save name too) as quite often I didn't discover something was bad for 6 or 7 saves, or had a change of heart on how I wanted a sim to progress and restarted (such as: making them a call girl or not).

1 hour ago, jdw6 said:

if your sim hasn't read (all or part of) "Let 'em Look", then their Exhibition skills will be non-existent

The KW books are an excellent source of skill building material. Family Ties is the easiest way to introduce sims to incest, but Let'em Look isn't the only way sims gain exhibition. They can watch KW television (or would that be cable?) Take kinky selfies, and have them wear revealing clothing or switch to naked. Being seen by others is necessary when clothing gambits are used. If enabled, being the 'victim' of other sims/dogs pulling 'down' a piece of clothing will increase the value as well.

Once your Sims save files exceed 100, you will no longer see the new saves in the loading screen. Move save files to another folder, or delete those no longer 'needed'.

2 hours ago, landess said:

Once your Sims save files exceed 100, you will no longer see the new saves in the loading screen. Move save files to another folder, or delete those no longer 'needed'.

Yeah, I kinda forgot to mention I move them to a backup folder (on another drive) so there's only ever about 1-4 in the actual game folder... and was thinking of that enough to check to see that I have (not in the few zip files from earlier attempts at game-play) 460+ GB of saves... I might need to rethink this keep everything bit. Or dump some stuff in other folders... but I still have a few TB free.  (Yeah, I'm probably unique having 2 RAIDs of about 20 TB each.)

Archived