Werewolf Reskin Idea. (This could be awesome o-o)

Keyboard Warrior

So, I just recently started playing Dawnguard again, and I got the 'Deathhound' loading screen.

Being a hardcore werewolf lover, I paused, and thought: "Whoa. What if someone put a deathhound texture on a WEREWOLF? Give it that sort of undead werewolf look."

I'm currently about to try cracking open GIMP and editing the Deathound textures onto the werewolf... but I literally SUCK at this sorta thing. Anyone willing to do a reskin like this?

What I'd want:

A werewolf, reskinned to have the deathhound body texture.

A possible removal of the large mane on the werewolf's back, to give it a full 'skin' look. (Optional (Hate when there's a mix of fur and Skin. would prefer just skin))

A possible remesh of the werewolf, compatible with the natural howling replacer (Makes the werewolves hands, head, and feet more anatomically correct). Would want it to have him simply have slightly longer legs and a slightly longer body, MAYBE slightly (VERY Slightly) Skinnier arms to give that sort of 'furry'-ish look to it. (Completely optional.)

If I had any money, I'd definetly pay to have this done. Sadly, I don't have any money nor do I have a pay-pal.

<3

EDIT: Also, preferably without those bright grey patches of skin. Just a monotone black, un-furred skin. (Not sure why I like this idea so much. Just seems like it'd look badass on a werewolf >.>)

I'll give it a go in photoshop in a lil bit and see what I can come up with. Just keep in mind it won't look as good since the werewolf mesh doesn't have the same structures as the deathound, like the mouth for instance. I still think it'll turn out good as a texture, and maybe later someone can go back over the model and redo the mouth to match the dead look. It doesn't need the humongous teeth perse, but atleast some skin strands between the jaws would fit in there. As for the fur, its easy to remove.. and by easy I mean I accidentally had a nude werewolf when tryin to recolor mine the first time to a rich black color with slight shades of gray while tryin to make the hair look more.. realistic. Instead it vanished on me entirely lol.

Don't tell that those links you added makes the ingame werewolf kinda like the one in the teso one ? :D cause if that is so that rocks

Alright, I'll start messing with it. I just realized something though, but it might not be a huge deal, but if you also had a UVmap, that might make things light up easier, not required though, I'm sure it'll be fine.

On a Mac right now, so I'll post my first version on here for you to test. I'll have to test it later and then fine tune it.

EDIT: I think you missed the vampire dog body, You just uploaded the normal map and the colar texture.

alright, awesome. apparently there's no dds plugin for photoshop, so i had to settle for gimp because i was to lazy to flip my flash drive back and forth between mac and windows a dozen times. haven't tested it yet, but this is what i have so far.

http://www.mediafire.com/?atodxy5kpjt1yzg

Edit: it's just the head, and ther'es probably seams to fix up, i don't really know how to work 3ds max, but i'll try my best to smooth it out.

Edit: Tested it out. Doesn't seem to have any effect at all.. maybe the normal map is kind of blocking it out? I'm not sure. I'll mess with it more later.

The fur should already have an alpha? Or do you mean and overall alpha? Oh yeah, I kind of forgot to add that back in, I never really understood what that was for, I thought it was mostly for the effectiveness for the normal map and not the texture. Looks like the original was around 20% opacity though.

Also, are you getting any noticable seams around the middle of the head? I might have to get the model into blender for some better UV editing. I just really wish I had a better workflow for this, I prefer working on my mac because it's a bit quicker for this kind of thing, considering it has twice the ram as my desktop, but there's no DDS plugin for photoshop, so sorry if it takes me a while to get this done.

I'll run the texture through crazy bump for the normal map, see if that'll work.. could you upload a screen of what it looks like for you? For some reason I feel like it put it in the wrong spot and it wasn't working at all in-game. Might be because I have other werewolf mods installed?

And thanks, just a feather brush and the clone tool though, pretty easy.

Sure.

Also, the alpha layer is so that the 'hair' on the head appears more hair like, as if you remove it, it'll just appear as big blocky textures. Anyways, here's the screenie:

http://gyazo.com/92256760316bbf6d2e0e78683dcba122

Atm, it'd just seem the hair needs to go, as it just makes it look... odd. Aside from that, it doesn't look that bad. If it had skyrim lighting on it, it'd probably look great, though it does need a slightly more 'skin' look to it.

Working on similar stuff (see downloads), I'll suggest a "speckled" specular look (crazybump or ndo can help with that), and also a subsurface map (_sk) with soft lighting (make sure appropriate flags in the NIF are checked). You can make the subsurface fairly easily by doing a blur, and then shifting the hue to red.

Something like

Spec:

specular.jpg

Subsurface:

skino.jpg

Archived