ENB: D3d9.dll Trouble

bunnions

Hi,
I recently changed to a new (much better) computer, importing all my files from my old device. I decided to try using a few EMBs, but none are working for me (by not working I mean I can't even get the menu interface to show up, to turn the effect on). I'm currently trying Realvision EMB. I'm pretty damn sure that I installed the EMB preset the right way, have watched multiple tutorials to make sure I get things right. 

What I think is the problem is the ENB series stuff itself. Particularly the d3d9.dll files. 

As you probably know, when you are installing an EMB it most often requires you install both the ENBhost file and the d3d9.dll file. When I did this I noticed I already had a file similar to d3d9.dll, called D3D9_43.dll. If I don't install the new one, I get nothing, so I am guessing I need the new one because its the only part of the enb set up that I have not done yet. If I delete the pre-existing one my game asks for me to install direct X. If I try and keep both I get a an error 'dxc000007' or something similar. When I looked it up it said something about a clash between 32 bit and 64 bit (mine is 64).       

Anywho, if anyone has some suggestions of what I'm doing wrong, id be grateful. 

Edit: I just want to say, everything else is fine. Game runs beautifully. Just can't get embs to work. 

I'm using Mod Organiser if that helps.

3 minutes ago, bunnions said:

or something similar.

Any chance of either a screenshot of the error or the exact thing the error says?

What OS you are running?  Which version of Skyrim?  Stability Tools (Crash Fixes, Bug Fixes, Safety Load, SKSE memory patch, etc) installed?  Did ENB work on your old system?

TESV.exe - application error
"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b). click ok to close the application"

^thats the error, just caused it again when I put both files in my skyrim folder

Yeah, ENB did work on my old computer.
Used to have safety load but removed it because I never needed it and was taking up space. 
using windows 10 if thats what you mean by os

Edit: saw something new. There was another error 'SKSE loader: couldn't inject DLL

2 minutes ago, Seijin8 said:

Does Skyrim work if you just click the vanilla game through Steam with no mods enabled? (Like, not through MO).

So if I run it through Skyrim in MO, i get the same error
If i ran it just through steam it shows the skyrim launcher picture (the guy standing on a mountain) but no setting names. After a second it just closes out. 

4 minutes ago, bunnions said:

So if I run it through Skyrim in MO, i get the same error
If i ran it just through steam it shows the skyrim launcher picture (the guy standing on a mountain) but no setting names. After a second it just closes out. 

You may want to make a backup of your Skyrim Folder before doing this.

Assuming you have nothing in Skyrim's own directories (which if you're using MO, you shouldn't), go into Steam and under the game find "Verify Integrity of Game Cache", which will check and redownload everything you need to make Skyrim run.  If you can't execute the vanilla game successfully, then there are deep issues with the install that have nothing to do with ENB.

Work on getting the vanilla game running first.

EDIT: Also, is your game installed in the Program Files(x86) directory?

3 minutes ago, bunnions said:

Yeah

Ill try that now, ty for help so far :) 

Program Files (x86) is a bad place to put it.  Can cause a host of permission issues down the road.  It may not be the cause of the problem right now, but it will be a cause for problems later.

I would recommend moving it (and Steam) to a new directory.

Yeah, everything is working... and still no ENB, but D3D9_43.dll was no longer in my skyrim folder. In fact there where no .Dll at all  anymore. 

I then tried placing the D3D9.dll from ENBseries folder into to skyrim folder again. When I start skyrim through skse it shows an error, asking for D3D9_43.dll, which I had in the first place. if I get that, I just get error 0xc000007b again

9 minutes ago, bunnions said:

Yeah, everything is working... and still no ENB, but D3D9_43.dll was no longer in my skyrim folder. In fact there where no .Dll at all  anymore. 

I then tried placing the D3D9.dll from ENBseries folder into to skyrim folder again. When I start skyrim through skse it shows an error, asking for D3D9_43.dll, which I had in the first place. if I get that, I just get error 0xc000007b again

Reinstall SKSE.

30 minutes ago, bunnions said:

I not know where you get that D3D9_43.dll but you must not have it the skyrim folder.

The D3D9_43.dll is a proxy library of the Win10 Operating System.

The D3D9_43.dll must be located in the Windows folder. Remove your D3D9_43.dll from the Skyrim folder.

You only need copy the files inside the WrapperVersion in your Skyrim folder and launch the game.

If you get the message "D3D9_43.dll not found" download and run the DirectX Web Setup

If you get CTD when start the game download and run the DirectX End-User Runtimes (June 2010)

Aditionally, open your enblocal.ini and look the [Proxy] section. Must have:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=false
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=other_d3d9.dll

If the problem persist try change your [Proxy] section to:

[PROXY]
EnableProxyLibrary=true
InitProxyFunctions=true
ProxyLibrary=D3D9_43.dll

Archived