I think WolfZQCustom Broke My Game..

DeltaD36

I believe this is the second time in two weeks that I've had to come crying back here to work out my Oblivion issues. Needless to say that I am happy to know the LL community is experianced, if not tolerative with such things. So let me get to the point.

So I was bored with what I had in oblivion and started to download stuff that I wasn't paying attention to, and I broke my game.

I believe I copyed and pasted the folders from something called "WolfZQCustom 0.83 (Data)' for some kind of Succubus mod that I didn't understand.

Like an idiot... I decided to replace over 122 files and as a result; My game crashes when I try to load up a save.

I think it might have have something to do with the Pluggy that the files overwrote in the OBSE folder. So I downloaded the current Pluggy on Nexus and overwrote the files that got overwrote and I'm STILL experiancing this crash.

It has nothing to do with my load order because it didn't chane, nor did I add anything to it. All I know is that only Sound, Mesh, and Textures files got overwritten with the exception of the OBSE plugins. I honestly don't think that the game would crash if a few textures and meshes got pasted over.

Could anyone shed a little light on this? I know it's not much to work with, but It's honestly all I know.

Take it away, Greg.

EDIT: I deleted all the files that I had overwritten... and It's still doing it. Great.

Ok, let's get this straight, you can start a new game or not?  Crashing on an existing save could be a function of a load order change, a bashed patch change, missing ini files, missing textures or other things.  It is tough to figure out.  This is why I have preached till I was blue in the face for folks to make a periodic backup of their games so they can recover from mods that break things.

Not only the periodic back up is important, but using the manager tool also. Like OBMM or bash or NMM or MO whatever they name it.

afair wolfzqcustom data0.83 worked well for me.. but anyway, overwriting 122 files without confirmation was a serious mistake. Always, check their CRC match/mismatch, if not backup before you do anything. Like...when you play daggerfall. Save the game before you kill a rat and save the game after you kill the rat.

Use data conflice view & omod creation feature of OBMM or reorder&anneal  feature of bash.

I've never reinstalled oblivion for over 2 years myself. Not always I can fix my own oblivion but can always revert back to the previous stable state, as long as my backup hard drive doesn't go postal.

Archived