FF Custom Skins

Guest flingingfeces

I believe the video was on YouTube, played to a Jazz song from Castlevania Symphony of the Night

Unfortunately I have missed that video. Was it 'Marble Gallery'? That's one of my all-time favourite pieces of video game music ever!

The music selection for all the FF videos is always perfect to match the theme and mood.

Crystal Teardrops from SotN

Edited by wanzer

Ah, thank you for reminding me of that one! It's also very good. That whole game was simply awesome, to me the best one in the whole series.

Did you know the soundtrack was composed by a woman? She is also responsible for the soundtracks to many other games I loved for their music - 'Goemon' games, 'Gungage', other 'Castlevania' titles like 'Order Of Ecclesia'...

Hello  :heart:

I'm looking for a new skin texture for my moonshadow elf please:

- I do not want tattoos

- would like it with that sweaty look thats popular in skyrim but regular gloss is fine also (i use 1000 value in glossmax on meshes)

- would like it to match my Face texture that was sent to me from a private site.

I will share the face texture of course if you will accept this challenge. However I'm willing to upgrade my face+body texture for what is in the spoiler below

7ZXEsce.jpgim unsure what & whos textures those are

If you would rather not deal with my face texture, anything close to those textures in the spoiler is fine.

My current texture I do love (can see in my oblivion gallery linked below), but my hand textures, ear textures do not seem match & I'd like that sweaty effect from skyrim.

Easy? please let me know what you think :)

biikaru: Make the texture fits (with PhotoShop, Gimp or Paint.net), a little bit color and brightness correction. Fit all the textures to the head texture.(or Body). I correct often textures to reduce hand and neck seams.

The sweaty effect from skyrim? What race in Skyrim has this effect? In Oblivion, I know only the gloss effect.

Here are the only Moon textures I have. (Body,hand,ear. no Tattoo)

Moon.7z

The sweat effect in Skyrim is in the femalebody_1_s.dds (the black).

In Oblivion it should be possible with the _g texture.(FootFemale_g.dds, headhuman_g.dds,.....)

post-3205-0-71035700-1372898831_thumb.jpg in NifScope.

But I can't get it to work in game. ( the Body is almost invisible)

I checked some Creatures meshes with _g textures, like dogd.nif or werewolfhead. The dogd.nif used the _g texture without changes in the nif. The werewolf head adds the _g texture in the nif.

I tried to amend my setBody meshes, stored the texture in different dds formats, but nothing worked. (the Body is almost invisible)

Can someone tell me how to use _g textures?

Edit: After a long Google search; _g textures (glow maps) do not work with Body/head meshes, only with objects. The Oblivion engine is too stupid. Shit no Body sweat effect.

Edit2: I have combined the Skyrim texture with the Moonshadow texture. Then made ​​a normal map, so that the drops look three-dimensional.

Only a quick test (without head and Hand texture), the drops not always flow in the right direction, but the sweaty look is OK in game. I've done the same thing already with semen and milk (for some of my characters).

post-3205-0-42572200-1372905288_thumb.jpg

The sweat effect in Skyrim is in the femalebody_1_s.dds (the black).

In Oblivion it should be possible with the _g texture.(FootFemale_g.dds, headhuman_g.dds,.....)

attachicon.gifsweat.jpg in NifScope.

But I can't get it to work in game. ( the Body is almost invisible)

I checked some Creatures meshes with _g textures, like dogd.nif or werewolfhead. The dogd.nif used the _g texture without changes in the nif. The werewolf head adds the _g texture in the nif.

I tried to amend my setBody meshes, stored the texture in different dds formats, but nothing worked. (the Body is almost invisible)

Can someone tell me how to use _g textures?

Edit: After a long Google search; _g textures (glow maps) do not work with Body/head meshes, only with objects. The Oblivion engine is too stupid. Shit no Body sweat effect.

Edit2: I have combined the Skyrim texture with the Moonshadow texture. Then made ​​a normal map, so that the drops look three-dimensional.

Only a quick test (without head and Hand texture), the drops not always flow in the right direction, but the sweaty look is OK in game. I've done the same thing already with semen and milk (for some of my characters).

attachicon.gifsweat2.jpg

Just a small fix here, glow maps can be used with body meshes if you rename the material to something other than "skin\Skin", the downside is obvious, that body will always keep the assigned body texture regardless of the race you're using.

Risray thanks for the tip. But the Skyrim _g texture does not work in game, Body is visible but the Drops/sweat effect is almost not visible. So the best results are achieved when you add the Drops/sweat effect to the Body Texture and create a new normal map. You can make the Skin glossy and the drops looks three-dimensional.

Its a shame the oblivion engine is limited but you certainly have done well improvising!

In your pic the sweat seems a bit thick streaking across the chest, however the back looks alright.

you mentioned the drops/sweat isn't that visible through the other method, but that wouldn't seem so bad either. Maybe even could consider it as options if this all becomes something.

razzor69 you can make a new normal map (PhotoShop,Gimp,Paint.net) and/or increase the glossiness of the head mesh with NifScope.

But it will look weird if the face but not the body ist glossy.

Send me face texture and/or head mesh if you have problems.

Of course you need dds Plugins

Normal map plugins.7z

with the The_Normal_Tools_V_01_1-6843-V01-1.zip the normal maps looks like...

post-3205-0-00355200-1373391655_thumb.jpg

with the NormalMapPlus.zip a glossy texture looks like...

post-3205-0-43756700-1373391730_thumb.jpg

with the Options "Layers" "Layer Properties..." "Opacity" you can lower the gloss.

In the The_Normal_Tools_V_01_1-6843-V01-1.zip is a readme

Perhaps you can use a normal map from this Mod
http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/20022/

In the Folder _NormalMap01 are 2 glossy/oiled Versions for  4 pubic hair typs and a shaved one and each in 5 nipple variations. Oh and all in muscular and  non-muscular Versions. There you should find a normal map for each texture you use.

Of course you need dds Plugins

attachicon.gifNormal map plugins.7z

with the The_Normal_Tools_V_01_1-6843-V01-1.zip the normal maps looks like...

attachicon.gifglossy.jpg

with the NormalMapPlus.zip a glossy texture looks like...

attachicon.gifGlossy2.jpg

with the Options "Layers" "Layer Properties..." "Opacity" you can lower the gloss.

In the The_Normal_Tools_V_01_1-6843-V01-1.zip is a readme

Perhaps you can use a normal map from this Mod

http://oblivion.nexusmods.com/mods/20022/

In the Folder _NormalMap01 are 2 glossy/oiled Versions for  4 pubic hair typs and a shaved one and each in 5 nipple variations. Oh and all in muscular and  non-muscular Versions. There you should find a normal map for each texture you use.

OK i followed what you said and So using paint.net i was able to make the body glossy but the head wont. I'm using the purple sky for moonshadow elves and its kind of weird only the face wont get glossy.

Edit:Ok then I decided to just use another texture its odd but for some reason either my inability to figure this out or maybe the texture just doesnt want to be made glossy I found one that did work in the end so its all good now.

Edit 2: Oh wow now for some reason It works i guess after mixing the Moonshadowface.DDS from the FF custom skin and another random moonshadowelvesface_n.DDS its all glossy now!

hey fejeena,

Will you release the textures you attempted the sweaty look on? I'm interested in trying it unless you had more to do with it.

Sad to see FF deleted his account..I was iffy on making a post here last week about my request cause he never would respond to my PM in the past.

Yeah I want to ask how do you get the skin to super glossy I've noticed some people have so extremely glossy skin and I can't seem to figure out how to get to that level. For example I noticed Biikaru's gallery and i want to achieve that level of gloss.

Nifskope change the gloss to 1000 via manual editing.

or change the texture alpha in gimp or photoshop to white color.

Yeah I want to ask how do you get the skin to super glossy I've noticed some people have so extremely glossy skin and I can't seem to figure out how to get to that level. For example I noticed Biikaru's gallery and i want to achieve that level of gloss.

Nifskope change the gloss to 1000 via manual editing.

or change the texture alpha in gimp or photoshop to white color.

OK I'll give it a try.