FO3 breakarmor/breakclothes

DeadSomething

hey, i've used BA a little bit and am currently playign FO3 and come to this idea:

wouldnt it be much easier creating a BA/breakclothes version for FO3, as all clothes in FO3 has a health value.

i'd really love to see that happen in FO3, as you would see how damaged an armor is.

I have it done it for some Vaultsuits & Red Corset Dress in SCR because I had torn versions of them in SCR, but they are the only torn versions of outfits available, and only have torn & untorn versions, a heap of texture work is needed, someone could copy my scripts and make a plugin for SCR pretty easily, they just need the torn textures to be made for a heap of outfits.

It only works on the Player and major companions currently, though would work on any actor with the effect SexoutSEFFDamagedClothingSwap added.

well, i've been retexturing static objects so far, but that shouldnt be too complicated to make/edit textures for clothes aswell.

also i've made changes to some type3 raiderskins... i'm willign to spend a lot of time to get that thing done.

what i really need is a framework that does exactly what BA does but for FO3 and best not being dependant on anything else but fose.

well' date=' i've been retexturing static objects so far, but that shouldnt be too complicated to make/edit textures for clothes aswell.

also i've made changes to some type3 raiderskins... i'm willign to spend a lot of time to get that thing done.

what i really need is a framework that does exactly what BA does but for FO3 and best not being dependant on anything else but fose.[/quote']

One thing that may be worth the effort is to have someone convert SCR to FO3, it could be stripped back a lot to the basics of just the assets pretty easily then the other stuff added using FOSE. Could always just copy out the torn outfits into a new esm I guess and use that as the basis of bodyswapping. I aren't going back to FO3 so anyone whou wants to use mys tuff in anyway to help the FO3 community is welcome to pillage freely :)

Guest luthienanarion

I'm surprised that there isn't more interest in doing this for FNV, given that there is a vanilla script command to change the texture of an individual TriShape object in the model of a reference. I've tested it with all sorts of things, and body and armor textures are really simple to swap without having to actually change equipment. The possible applications are vast, including blood stains of bodies and clothes based on health or limb conditions, rust or scratches on armor and weapons based on their health, etc.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived