Bloody Spell - Modding

On 7/9/2021 at 3:24 AM, Tehman4 said:

You don't need to download the SFW mods, if they get overwritten, it's just because they share a folder name. All the mods go into the "weapon" folder, regardless of what kind of mod it is... For some reason. So they aren't weapons that also somehow alter existing models, they're just normal models.

P. S. it's not much of an issue for those mods, but the name of the Folder the mods are in is actually very important, if it's even slightly incorrect, the mod won't show up in-game. You can check the "folderName" in the data.json to figure out what the folder needs to be called. This way you can download and use mods from the Workshop, even if you aren't playing through Steam.

can you do a step by step how to install the mods because the only folder i see in the game folder is a weaponSkill folder and i put two mods in there and nothingplus where do you go in game to change to mod outfit?

8 hours ago, TheAwesomeOne said:

do you need to buy the game on steam for the mods to work because i didnt get the game on steam?

Game requires Steam as it uses workshop. If you didn't buy the game on steam, you are on your own boss. Rules clearly state we can't help pirated copies.

EDIT: BTW, not trying to be a prick. At all. I pirate games all the time. But, considering forum rules, I can't help you. Whoever wants to risk it can. But I won't. When I run into the same problem, I troubleshoot on my own. If I can't run the mod no matter what, I buy it.  (Plus I usually buy all my pirated games when they are on steam sales.)

EDIT2: The files shared in this thread from mega.nz link and the 2B link go in the workshop weapons folder.

Which will look something like this : C:\Users\Username here\AppData\LocalLow\shixue\BloodySpell\Workshop\weapon

So yes, you need steam. You MAY be able to get it working without steam, but that'll be on you. If the game has a hardcoded directory it looks in, reproducing that may lead to a working mod. (You can use the info I provided above and see if recreating that will allow it to work.) Otherwise, you have to go towards full steam emulation/piracy. Steamless, and other such programs. Again, that's on you to troubleshoot. Never done it, never will. I usually stick to piracy groups as stuff like that is more suitable for getting the full game PLUS all the available DLC for free. The only games I'd ever screw with in regards to that would be Dead or Alive 5 and Dead or Alive 6. As to own the full games plus all DLC is over a thousand dollars per game. And screw Tecmo for doing that shit! I'll gladly use Steam emulators to pirate that shit. Only company that releases a crap load of DLC worth over a thousand dollars, and NEVER releases a game of the year edition with the DLC bundled in.

Edited by Hakufu1021

Lets put it this way.

You have to download mods from the Steam Workshop.
There are two directories they will work in, "...\steamapps\workshop\content\992300" and "...\AppData\LocalLow\shixue\BloodySpell\Workshop\weapon".
Modders are able to test mods before they're uploaded to the workshop.
And in my last post, I specified that the folder name of each mod is VERY important.

These are all true facts. If you can't figure out if mods are usable without Steam despite knowing these facts, then I can offer no more help.

8 hours ago, Tehman4 said:

Lets put it this way.

There are two directories they will work in, "...\steamapps\workshop\content\992300" and "...\AppData\LocalLow\shixue\BloodySpell\Workshop\weapon".
And in my last post, I specified that the folder name of each mod is VERY important.

These are all true facts. If you can't figure out if mods are usable without Steam despite knowing these facts, then I can offer no more help.

i just got the game on steam but when i open the game folder there is no workshop folder do you half to manually create it?

11 hours ago, Tehman4 said:

Lets put it this way.

nevermind the last post i got it to work h had to rename mod thanls. do you know if there is a nude Honoka version?

12 hours ago, Hakufu1021 said:

Game requires Steam as it uses workshop. If you didn't buy the game on steam, you are on your own boss. Rules clearly state we can't help pirated copies.

EDIT: BTW, not trying to be a prick. At all. I pirate games all the time. But, considering forum rules, I can't help you. Whoever wants to risk it can. But I won't. When I run into the same problem, I troubleshoot on my own. If I can't run the mod no matter what, I buy it.  (Plus I usually buy all my pirated games when they are on steam sales.)

EDIT2: The files shared in this thread from mega.nz link and the 2B link go in the workshop weapons folder.

Which will look something like this : C:\Users\Username here\AppData\LocalLow\shixue\BloodySpell\Workshop\weapon

So yes, you need steam. You MAY be able to get it working without steam, but that'll be on you. If the game has a hardcoded directory it looks in, reproducing that may lead to a working mod. (You can use the info I provided above and see if recreating that will allow it to work.) Otherwise, you have to go towards full steam emulation/piracy. Steamless, and other such programs. Again, that's on you to troubleshoot. Never done it, never will. I usually stick to piracy groups as stuff like that is more suitable for getting the full game PLUS all the available DLC for free. The only games I'd ever screw with in regards to that would be Dead or Alive 5 and Dead or Alive 6. As to own the full games plus all DLC is over a thousand dollars per game. And screw Tecmo for doing that shit! I'll gladly use Steam emulators to pirate that shit. Only company that releases a crap load of DLC worth over a thousand dollars, and NEVER releases a game of the year edition with the DLC bundled in.

i got it i figured it out thanks. do you know if there is a Honoka nude version instead of the v-bikini?

8 hours ago, TheAwesomeOne said:

i got it i figured it out thanks. do you know if there is a Honoka nude version instead of the v-bikini?

Not that I've found so far. But there could be one out there. The Asian community seems to really love this game. So they may have created a mod. Where to find it though? Absolutely no clue.

Hello, I am trying to install the mega download mods. I tried to follow the read me but I am having the same problem that someone else mentioned: there is no character model in the main menu and all of my previous mods are gone.

I extracted the download. Then I used 7z to decompress. I created a directory in the path: C:\Users\my_user_name\AppData\LocalLow\shixue\BloodySpell\Workshop\weapon

Then I copied and pasted all of the a00_ folders into that directory. Still, I get the above mentioned problem. But I am sure that I am doing some minor thing wrong; hopefully someone can chime in and give a tip.

The first batch of mods in this thread worked no problem however btw.

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/9/2021 at 10:01 PM, TreeHugger54321 said:

Hello, I am trying to install the mega download mods. I tried to follow the read me but I am having the same problem that someone else mentioned: there is no character model in the main menu and all of my previous mods are gone.

I extracted the download. Then I used 7z to decompress. I created a directory in the path: C:\Users\my_user_name\AppData\LocalLow\shixue\BloodySpell\Workshop\weapon

Then I copied and pasted all of the a00_ folders into that directory. Still, I get the above mentioned problem. But I am sure that I am doing some minor thing wrong; hopefully someone can chime in and give a tip.

The first batch of mods in this thread worked no problem however btw.

1. for non original game
  3. Unzip all mod(dont care armor, equipment,voice…) to
    C:\Users\<username>\AppData\LocalLow\shixue\BloodySpell\workshop\weapon\
  4. Open file data.json in mod folder. Now you can see FolderName of this mod (Example mod) is: a03_SXDM003
  5. Rename the mod folder to a03_SXDM003 as shown in the data.json file
  6. the folder name and the name in data.manifest they must be similar
3 hours ago, Iluzion0ne said:

How do did get this ?

Its all Steam workshop mods plus a few offsite that I found. I haven't really been keeping up with the game lately, so I don't know if more lewd mods were made since. That collection was basically every female mod I could find.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, CoomUser said:

Where do i find modding tools for this game?

1 hour ago, uglywolf said:

+1

Thank you for asking the actual question that I was looking for.

if you mean the mods you can find them right here in this thread, page 2, there are two links and a file you can download

for installation follow these instructions:

Unzip all mod(dont care armor, equipment,voice…) to
Open file data.json in mod folder. Now you can see FolderName of this mod (Example mod) is: a03_SXDM003
Rename the mod folder to a03_SXDM003 as shown in the data.json file
the folder name and the name in data.manifest they must be similar

If the folders workshop and weapon do not exist, you have to create them inside each other. In the weapon folder you install the mods

https://mega.nz/folder/4A1DyCSB#wQj2LFtRFbAtS8eRHtZChQ

https://pixeldrain.com/u/kDVtgvS8

To activate the mods, start the game and follow this path:
workshop

local

unit

Edited by lisander68

I would like to add a detail. Now, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but I've encountered some errors related to mods. I had installed a weapon (just to see what it was) and the game froze and remained fixed in the home page loading. Also, I get Archive sync failed very often, I don't know if this is related to the mods. Even if the game is installed on Steam

Edited by lisander68

On 1/31/2022 at 4:51 PM, lisander68 said:

if you mean the mods you can find them right here in this thread, page 2, there are two links and a file you can download

for installation follow these instructions:

Unzip all mod(dont care armor, equipment,voice…) to
Open file data.json in mod folder. Now you can see FolderName of this mod (Example mod) is: a03_SXDM003
Rename the mod folder to a03_SXDM003 as shown in the data.json file
the folder name and the name in data.manifest they must be similar

If the folders workshop and weapon do not exist, you have to create them inside each other. In the weapon folder you install the mods

https://mega.nz/folder/4A1DyCSB#wQj2LFtRFbAtS8eRHtZChQ

https://pixeldrain.com/u/kDVtgvS8

To activate the mods, start the game and follow this path:
workshop

local

unit

Lol WTF, i just downloaded a mod from the links you posted and it dont figure out how it works, do i need to import models into blender or something? i dont see anything like that

18 hours ago, CoomUser said:

Lol WTF, i just downloaded a mod from the links you posted and it dont figure out how it works, do i need to import models into blender or something? i dont see anything like that

Start the game so that the shixue folder is created (it is not necessary to play the game) and follow the route I have indicated

Inside the BloodySpell folder you will find two other folders, you must create the folder Workshop and inside this, the folder weapon

Once the folders have been created, copy the mod you are interested in into the weapon folder.

For extra security, check the json file inside the mod (you can read it as a simple xml, Notepad++ is sufficient) the mod must have the same name as the folder, e.g.: a00_2BV1.3

Once the mod is installed, start the game and follow this path: Workshop\Local\Actor here you will find the installed mods according to what they are

Mods also work on a game that has already started but are only cosmetic in nature.

On 2/3/2022 at 4:47 PM, lisander68 said:

Start the game so that the shixue folder is created (it is not necessary to play the game) and follow the route I have indicated

Inside the BloodySpell folder you will find two other folders, you must create the folder Workshop and inside this, the folder weapon

Once the folders have been created, copy the mod you are interested in into the weapon folder.

For extra security, check the json file inside the mod (you can read it as a simple xml, Notepad++ is sufficient) the mod must have the same name as the folder, e.g.: a00_2BV1.3

Once the mod is installed, start the game and follow this path: Workshop\Local\Actor here you will find the installed mods according to what they are

Mods also work on a game that has already started but are only cosmetic in nature.

Thanks, i was trying to make a mod but still need to understand how to thanks

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/4/2021 at 4:13 AM, Hakufu1021 said:

nope the crack version can be modded so no need to buy the game but we are free to support the developer me for exemple got bloody spell crack version but juste buy it in promotion later because the game is buggy ns laggy is not deserve full price buying over and out.

A few days ago, the game bugged me for unknown reasons.
output_log was giving me errors in both saves and loads.
Looking around, all I could do was find some sort of solution. Delete the save folder (SaveDir).
I knew that too, but what I wanted to avoid was losing my saves. Solutions? None.
Even looking at the logs, I couldn't figure out how to fix the problem until today when I had a brainstorm.
In the game directory, there are 2 precise folders, SaveDir and SaveDir_bak. If you get the bug (which can come at any time), from the SaveDir folder remove all the files and paste the ones in the SaveDir_bag folder.
Obviously it will take you back a bit in the game, but the bug will disappear.
I hope this solution helps someone. ??✌️