14 hours ago, fore said:

and we don't know what the base impact by vanilla animations already is.

We know. While debugging LE version I got 6603 from the problematic place with no additional anims installed. The real limit of the register without patches is 32767 (signed short max). With simple math 32767 - 6603 we get 26 164, what almost corresponds with the value you got with your tests according to your article.

If the next limit is unsigned short max then it will be 58 932, but only if that limit really exists.

I also found TKDodge animations was impacting on a different counter, what can be used in future as the second storage, for example. I bet it was added to the game in a different way.

13 hours ago, Tortex said:

Be interesting to see if the same uh, quirk, is present in F4's engine also.

FO4 suffer from the same problem with anim limit?

52 minutes ago, mrsrt said:

FO4 suffer from the same problem with anim limit?

Just an assumption or idle thought out of curiosity. Same engine, basic asset layout, and I don't think they really go all out to patch things like this. (Like some of the light related bugs.) It tends to be crashy when playing with the behaviors/skeletons/animations in ways that even LE wasn't, though.

17 minutes ago, Tortex said:

Just an assumption or idle thought out of curiosity. Same engine, basic asset layout, and I don't think they really go all out to patch things like this. (Like some of the light related bugs.) It tends to be crashy when playing with the behaviors/skeletons/animations in ways that even LE wasn't, though.

This patch completely related to the FNIS add animation method with behaviors. As I remember, FO4 has a different way to add animations and I think it doesn't need the patch. Maybe I'm not right, because I didn't play FO4 more than for 5 hours, lol.

Btw, it's too early to think about other games. 

Well, I have tried to write to the register 0, 1, 1000, 65535, everything works well and no CTD on loading. It seems we can write there almost any value we want, coz it has no important purpose. It also means that unsigned short solution will not lead to CTD after passing 65535 nodes, however, conseqences (if they're actually exist) will be the same as to my solution, so, I think, better to just write there 0 and free CPU from irrelevant executions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I could use some clarification.

Does this fix the "too many animations at load crash FootIK error" or would that be a separate issue from the one this fix  is addressing.

ChAnims: 10282  CTD:97.3%  pOpt:25.6%  max: 10565  LC: 25461 (max. 26162)

3590 animations for 14 mods 

I regularly crash on load with the FootIK error unless I load into a empty room at the start.

I can't recall ever having noticed a different crash being caused by too many animations, although I have a pretty beefy system

7700k @ 5.3ghz +1080ti.

4 hours ago, lutalica said:

So I could use some clarification.

Does this fix the "too many animations at load crash FootIK error" or would that be a separate issue from the one this fix  is addressing.

ChAnims: 10282  CTD:97.3%  pOpt:25.6%  max: 10565  LC: 25461 (max. 26162)

3590 animations for 14 mods 

I regularly crash on load with the FootIK error unless I load into a empty room at the start.

I can't recall ever having noticed a different crash being caused by too many animations, although I have a pretty beefy system

7700k @ 5.3ghz +1080ti.

FootIK error is a different problem and requires another solution such as https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78557 It's recommended to be working together with the patch.

13 hours ago, mrsrt said:

FootIK error is a different problem and requires another solution such as https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/78557 It's recommended to be working together with the patch.

Thanks and thank you for the patch.

On another note.

Now we're just missing a mod that would increase the sexlab animation limit past 750.

Would be amazing to be able to register and use all the animations from the different packs.

Maybe one day! 

12 hours ago, lutalica said:

Thanks and thank you for the patch.

On another note.

Now we're just missing a mod that would increase the sexlab animation limit past 750.

Would be amazing to be able to register and use all the animations from the different packs.

Maybe one day! 

Sexlab animation registry was designed to be limited as papyrus engine only allows. It's possible to be expanded, but not to be unlimited with the actual architecture. It needs to be completely reworked, probably with SKSE serialization usage in order to avoid these limits.

Another problem will be the more animations you have the longer scene start up will be. It will also bring more memory consumption what may lead to additional crashes. 

I'd recommend to just use the expanded version

On 1/17/2020 at 9:32 AM, mrsrt said:

Sexlab animation registry was designed to be limited as papyrus engine only allows. It's possible to be expanded, but not to be unlimited with the actual architecture. It needs to be completely reworked, probably with SKSE serialization usage in order to avoid these limits.

Another problem will be the more animations you have the longer scene start up will be. It will also bring more memory consumption what may lead to additional crashes. 

I'd recommend to just use the expanded version

Thats a shame.

The chances sexlab receives that kind of rework are probably very slim, no?

Sounds like it would be a bit of a undertaking but I could be wrong as my understanding of its workings is limited .

15 hours ago, lutalica said:

Thats a shame.

The chances sexlab receives that kind of rework are probably very slim, no?

Sounds like it would be a bit of a undertaking but I could be wrong as my understanding of its workings is limited .

Chances are low because not many users rly need this. On the other hand, it will require a lot of time, work and tests to be done properly. It also will bring side effects I mentioned above. In result, I don't think it's worth to be implemented.

On 1/19/2020 at 8:11 PM, mrsrt said:

Chances are low because not many users rly need this. On the other hand, it will require a lot of time, work and tests to be done properly. It also will bring side effects I mentioned above. In result, I don't think it's worth to be implemented.

Maybe the solution lies with Sexlab Animation Loader? 
@osmelmc managed to make the sexlab animation more random (basically the animation limit to this date was 125 and not even 500, it was just harder to notice lol) 
Now the limit is 750 plus sexlab is more random when choosing the animations played (you can see it working when using Sexlab Tools).

Now I wonder: what if there would be a routine in Sexlab that would allow for two sets of 750 animations each that are registered, but it will swap the animations (registering the other 750 and unregistering the previous 750).

Question is if that would be possible and if yes, how would it be triggered. Via hotkey? Or by setting a timer (like every 2 realtime hours sexlab automatically swaps the registry or something like that:

Just fooling around, no idea about coding and scripts, haha. 

Maybe it would require to rework Sexlab Animation Loader to have a built in routine to allow seperation of animations into two or more equally sized packs. 
I think in the end it would require alot of manual labour, because one pack could end up without say chaurus animations for example and so on. 

Ah, damn :D

12 hours ago, Nymra said:

Maybe the solution lies with Sexlab Animation Loader? 

Yes, it's possible to implement but the idea isn't really "unlimited". It also needs to sort anims on loading stage and to make it possible all data should be loaded because otherwise we cannot know how many anims exist for each tag. If sort will not be applied we may get, for example, 750 anims for one tag and 0 for others as you already mentioned. And if we need  to load all data to make the mechanic work it will not differ much from the already existen. 

The problem in collecting data is that (vanilla) storages are limited in Papyrus. Arrays can store up to 128 elements max inside. Sexlab's registry has 5 pre-allocated arrays to store 500 anims that work as clusters, when the first is filled the second recieves next registering anims and so on. When the last is filled we cannot register new anims anymore. 2-dimensional arrays in Papyrus also does not exist to allocate and store these clusters dynamically. 

In other words, Papyrus cannot handle something like this in a normal way. Only SKSE.

• 2 weeks later...
12 hours ago, Sleepytime said:

Not sure why but this drops me from a locked 60fps down to the mid 20s fps. Guessing it does not get along with one of my other plug ins like crash fixes or something.

The plugin cannot drop your fps in a normal way. However, it can increase GPU and CPU utilization what may cause throttling. Check your temperatures while playing. It's also fully compatible with crash fixes and most of others plugins. All known incompatibilites listed in the description. 

Its not a due to high temps as the slow down happens from the moment i launch the game before anything has a chance to heat up. Next time i do a clean install ill start with your plug installed and then see if i can catch what is causing the issue on my end. For reference i am using a i7 8700k cpu with a 2080ti gpu.

• 7 months later...

I cant get this to work. Never seems to be that simple for me

"No valid segment found! SRTcrashfix64 cannot be applied."

I have engine  fixes Enginfixes.INI does not exist in latest version of the mod. downloaded both SSE files  if they both go into DATA/SKSE/Plugins folder then they are in the right place.

I use MO2  any assistance would be appreciated.

• 1 month later...
On 9/16/2020 at 11:15 AM, Cilence said:

I cant get this to work. Never seems to be that simple for me

"No valid segment found! SRTcrashfix64 cannot be applied."

I have engine  fixes Enginfixes.INI does not exist in latest version of the mod. downloaded both SSE files  if they both go into DATA/SKSE/Plugins folder then they are in the right place.

I use MO2  any assistance would be appreciated.

Hey man

I ran into the same issue as you. The file has been changed but you can find the option you need to disable in EngineFixes.toml now. I just did it and it worked a treat!

image.png.946d81a827070e4979897c66fd6af0a1.png

• 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

I tried to compile this for skyrimvr but the resulting "SrtCrashFixVR.dll does not appear to be an SKSE plugindll". I could not find any usefull information about this error message, maybe someone has some pointers for me?