Blender: How to export Materials From a Project ?

Benjou1

I would like to know how to export materials made from a blender project into something i can work with/is supported for modding Fallout 4.

So far only could export the meshes to Obj for Outfit Studio and the Textures to Png.

I am not really familiar with Blender that's why I struggle to find a way to do so.

12 minutes ago, Benjou1 said:

I would like to know how to export materials made from a blender project into something i can work with/is supported for modding Fallout 4.

So far only could export the meshes to Obj for Outfit Studio and the Textures to Png.

I am not really familiar with Blender that's why I struggle to find a way to do so.

Correct. You export them as OBJ, then you use Nifscope to convert them to 3DS, AFAIK.......

Textures can be converted to DDS by GIMP.

(Been awhile since I've done this stuff, admittedly)

:thumbsup:

15 hours ago, VonHelton said:

Correct. You export them as OBJ, then you use Nifscope to convert them to 3DS, AFAIK.......

Textures can be converted to DDS by GIMP.

(Been awhile since I've done this stuff, admittedly)

:thumbsup:

But I still have one issue, when exporting the obj, it also exports a .MTL file with materials information inside a txt file (mostly for shader properties), is there anyway to get the shaders into a .png format ?

56 minutes ago, Benjou1 said:

But I still have one issue, when exporting the obj, it also exports a .MTL file with materials information inside a txt file (mostly for shader properties), is there anyway to get the shaders into a .png format ?

Isn't part of the conversion process to use that file in making the 3DS file?

:no_mouth:

Not really, i don't think I need it, Outfit studio is enough since obj is supported, i'm just facing a wall when it comes to textures and materials. Converting from png to dds will not be an issue but "extracting"/exporting the resources from a blender project (except obj) is a total mystery for me.

2 hours ago, Andy14 said:

Export Settings for obj with textures:

1. Check Write Materials

2. Set Path Mode to Copy

Now Blender should export a obj, a mtl and all textures.

That's what I did after searching on google, but the only things that are exported are OBJ and MTL, no textures

53 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

Actually it's not my scene, not my project. The author left it for everyone as a resource for modders to be implemented in Fallout 4.

I'll take a look thank you!

Archived